Sotheby's International Realty

Sotheby's International Realty Employee Reviews

Inspiring

The best of the best. Always opportunity to learn & continue your education. Agents are respected & know what they are doing. Marketing is top notch & company culture is so impressive

Need to be willing to prospect

Good company if you put the work in, work your leads and follow up. Not for people looking for part-time work or passive income. Definitely need to put the hours in

Pros

New Clients

Cons

New Clients

Fun and Challenging

Fast paced, high energy environment. Lots of smart people work here and agents have big $’s on the line, which can also create stress for support staff. But it’s also a great place to get experience and learn from the pros. Need to be a self starter who doesn’t need hand holding to be successful here.

Classy and Refined

When ever I tell someone I work with Sotheby's, the first thing they say is wow, that's a luxury company. Indeed it is, but you also receive excellent guidance and support from management and other agents.

Great people

Recommend first class company great tech support responsive to any questions and very helpful .lots of training provided CLassy company and strong ethics and reputation

Pros

Great people

Cons

Great people that are very good at their jobs

Had a lot of fun. Worked in marketing. I took drone photography, assembled listing presentations, and did a lot of digital media work. Traveled a lot throughout the state.

Pros

Office and outdoor work setting

Cons

Stressful sometimes

Inclusive, positive, and caring company.

At Marketplace Sothebys, you definitely get out what you put in. They allow you to move at your own pace, and are always there to support their agents. They live up to the sign they have posted for employees; Work Hard and Be Nice.

Fun, productive workplace. Would highly recommend working for this company in New Zealand.

Great management team. Felt secure and appreciated the whole time I worked there. Would 100% work here again if I get the chance to after I graduate.

Professional, Organized, Great Training

The broker was very supportive of the agents and staff. It was a joy to work at Sotheby’s,I enjoyed going to work every day. The atmosphere was very pleasant.

Strong Support

Sotheby's was a very interesting experience. Marketing support and management were great. Dealing with other brokers was difficult at times. You do have a lot of opportunity to grow, especially if you are recruited by another team.

Pros

Amazing homes

Cons

Cut Throat

Freedom

Wonderful company. Weekly meetings, caravans. I learned to serve as an educator for my clients. When one approaches their customers as a patient educator, it is much more appreciated than a typical sales approach.

Pros

Dressing up for work

Cons

When recessions arrive

Real Estate Broker

Excelente ambiente de trabajo, La gerencia & administrador, supervisor y compañeros de trabajo te ayudan a crecer.Es como una familia. Es un trabajo muy bonito y aprendes mucho del negocio de Bienes Raices.

Pros

Buena comisión

Cons

No hay sueldo base

wonderful and professional group of agents

Sothebys provides great branding and marketing capabilities to all agents. The global marketing is like no other agency and stands out as being the number one in the world. The management is supportive and always will to help grow your business.

Pros

flex hours

Cons

sometimes you work and don't get paid

Good broker compared to most

Take care of top agents onlyGood for new agents some training support offeredSome of the marketing people great others not at allNational marketing is goodNice group of professional agents work here

Pros

Nice group of people

Cons

Even though company is having best year ever they do not have enough office support

Amazing Company

Vintage Sotheby’s International Realty has been great to work with as they are local owners and brokers. They know Napa Valley and we all know each other. They are very supportive and transactions go smooth.

Poorly paid, terrible brokerage manager

Poorly paid with no opportunity for any type of advancement. terrible brokerage manager! No way to earn more. HR department is a joke. Expect you to do compliance training but do not enforce any rules.

Pros

Great agents

Cons

Poor pay. Terrible management

Very supportive agents and management

I love going to work! I have the utmost support from our VP manager and office administrator. The agents that I work with are extremely professional and always willing to lend a hand.

Pros

Beautiful office, everyone has a desk.

Snake nest

Nasty and selfish disguised as wasps charmNo loyalty Blame lower level for anything no matter what Super selfish GossipyOnly care about the first two top agentsHorrible website and SEOStuck in 1988

Pros

Pay

Cons

Underhanded management

Well run by good, supportive management

Excellent management and colleagues. Fair commission splits for good producers. Really don't like being required to buy advertising space in annual publications but it's not too expensive.

Pros

Offices in very nice locations

Cons

Lack of parking at times

It's alright

I think it is whatever you make of it, and depending on the location you could be part of a great team. I just feel satisfied here but don't feel I have grown much

Upper management pits people against each other.

● Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Sotheby's International Realty is Satisfactory.● Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Sotheby's International Realty are fair.● Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Sotheby's International Realty, I think is weak.● ManagementIn general, managers at Sotheby's International Realty are manipulative and set you up to fail.● CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Sotheby's International Realty is poor.● OverallMy experience working at Sotheby's International Realty was futile.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sotheby's International Realty. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Sotheby's International Realty
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?