Serco Group logo
Serco Group

Serco Group Employee Reviews for Station Agent

Found 14 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,856 reviews

Amazing experience with amazing people

Gave me excellent experience in providing world class customer service and how to respect diversity and become a team player. Prioritized my safety whilst performing my duties above other things.

Pros

flexible leaves

Cons

long hours/minimum wage for a high risk task/job

Better to have a work like that

Learned lot of things different culture about safety ,handle emergency situations, time managing, hardest part of the job is time managing but the company was so good

Help boost your seft steem and how to deal with other nationality

Serco is a company that provides knowledge that can be useful in your daily lives or in the future. it helps you on how to socialize with the culture within the company and provides you everything specially your safety on your daily job routine.

Pros

Free accomodation and transport

Good accomodation facilities

shift work 4am to 3pm or 2pm to 12am learnt to have patience dealing with passengers great supervisor who are willing to help and grow us most enjoyable is interacting with managers in social forums hardest part is losses in revenue or dealing with roudy passangers

well disciplined

Serco ,a renowned British company has branches all across the world. In Dubai its name is Serco Dubai Metro.It works on its written procedures.Punctuality is well maintained.

Pros

doing over time was good

Cons

no promotion, wrong calculation of working time

productive and fun workplace

tiring but fun. you get to answer passengers inquires and help with directions. you get to interact with diffrent kind of people and different nationalities. that makes it so much fun.

Pros

free train and bus rides

Cons

shifting schedule.

Fun place to work

Listening, directing and responding to customer enquiries and also explaining and managing company products on dedicated software. Offering cashier services and other safety critical activities when required. Improved much on my customer service skills Management is sympathetic and cares much about the welfare of all staff. Work as a team with co workers The hardest part of the job is to convince customers to change the imaginary representation they have in their minds prior to their enquiry. Enjoy to see customers leave with a smile.

Pros

Good accommodation

Cons

long hours of work

Big and well known company giving complete benefits as per UAE Labor Law

Provides training before staffing, Management is always monitoring the staffs. Providing a very nice accommodation for staffs. They always has internal vacancies but you cannot transfer unless you applied and got hired.

Pros

Holidays

Productive And Creative

The most enjoyable part of job is that we always meet new faces , and I feel happy my self when i serve then well and when they get satisfied .

Working with different nationalities.

Starting with opening the station for service hours. Checking all the equipments to ensure the service hours to go smoothly. Ticket sales is the next step where we must enable a marketing talent as well as helping the pax. I have learned to be patient enough to manage different kind of pax. I work in a multi cultural environment and my colleagues are from different places. I am always challenged, whenever I am handling pax those who don't understand English, Its too challenging to explain about the products which we sell and the benefits. At the end of the day I feel satisfied about the job where I am able to help people and make them happy.

Pros

Accommodation and Transportation

Cons

Long hours, Low salary

Work place nice,

Multinational Service providing company,gives timely paying,providing world class service,maintains high level of standards,safety of staffs and passengers.

fast growth of career

A typical day at work involved doing daily station checks,cheking that all station equipment are working and functioning normaly.revenue collection and reconcilliation of day end of shift sales.I leraned how to carry out operations and to carry out train emergency recovery and disruptions.the hardest part of the job was the change of shifts,

Pros

good working hours and excellent benefits

Cons

change of working location

The organisation has opened me to different cultures and nationalities that made my work environment fun and learnable.

My typical day at work is to check and ensure the safety of the passengers and colleagues at the station. Checking the equipments are properly working before the revenue hours and the cleanliness of the station. I spent most of my day in the station that made me had a good relation with our station staffs like cleaners, securities and retail shop tenants. During this time while we are giving our best to give a good service to our passengers, we do not forget to have fun and laugh like doing team buildings and enjoying the work. Working in this kind of job makes you to be more responsible in everything you do; to keep the passengers and colleagues safe so that they can have an unforgettable experience riding the train with no worries.

Pros

good accommodation, transportation and yearly plane tickets

Cons

long hours of work

A safety Critical Job

We are working in a safety critical job. Everyday we should be competent to do safety critical things that are not expected. In this kind of job I have learned how to be focused in your job specially in your task. My job is not only for customer service, it's include everything, how to rectify faults, observe the security of the people and the station, attends customer needs. Now I am working in a wonderful group which I can tell my team. In this kind of job I learned how to balance everything, that it's not all about me... it's about how to deal with different nationalities with different beliefs and culture. The hardest part of my JOB is that it is in your HAND is the safety of the People that once they step in our station, it's my responsibility to take care of them. The enjoyable part of my job is I gained lots of friends and I learned lots of languages.

Pros

free accomodation

• Serco Group