Serco Group

Serco Group Employee Reviews for Receptionist

Found 2 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,959 reviews

Challenging role

My typical day is hard to describe as no two days are the same. I have certain jobs that I have to do each day but the people coming to the reception are what makes each day a challenge and sometimes entails a great deal of juggling. On a general administrative side of the role a typical day would be dealing with all department internal and external post, telephone enquiries and many room bookings to deal with. Also, with everyone coming through reception I get asked many different questions, from so many sources for example if there are any issues everything is relayed though the reception and remembering correct information and instruction is vital. I learned how to do several job at the same time. I am renowned for being prepared, on time and timely for everything. Even when it is the smallest thing. This is so that I can also have time to be prepared and understand and appreciate what they have done. It’s teamwork at its finest, because this in turn helps the company thrive and grow. I live by the motto “to be on time is to be late, but to be early is to be on time." I enjoyed working as a receptionist because I was rarely bored. Besides answering calls and appointment setting, I met new people almost everyday. People from all walks of life. Doing one thing all day can get boring, so I enjoyed assisting my co-workers when I could. What I disliked the most would have to be the people who think you are "smaller" than them. They always think they can do your job better than you. Or that you're job is insignificant. They fail to realize what an important position you hold, -

Pros

office hours, holidays

Cons

busy

Good team to work with

Some days were busy others was relaxing but it was overall a great experience and a great team that are truly missed.The company was located in ALDAR HQ where I currently still work and it is truly a great environment to be in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1K
1.2K

Serco Group Reviews by Location

• Serco Group
  • Receptionist
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?