Sedgwick

Sedgwick Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,343 reviews

Overworked and undervalued

The work itself is not too difficult and if there was actual breathing space I’d say this job would be quite ideal. Sadly, the calls are non-stop and they somehow expect you to still be able to be at top performance after back to back calls for hours with only a simple 15 minute break twice a day. Do not work here, it’s seriously not worth your mental health deteriorating.

Great place to work!

I love working for Sedgwick for the most part. Like other large companies, there is a lot of disconnect internally, however the job perks outweigh the cons. 20 days of PTO to start, gaining an additional day each year. Cannot complain when it comes to work life balance. A lot of my colleagues are overworked and end up working way more than 40 hours. You just have to have boundaries and do the best job you can do in the time you have.

Pros

Work from home, generous PTO, flexible schedule, room for advancement

Cons

Disorganization, overworked managers, overworked colleagues

Hit or miss

Depends on what team and account your you’re on when it comes to case load and the extra amount you have to do. Higher than normal caseloads. Lots of PtO and time off

Not bad but they could work out some kinks

Their systems are a bit antiquated but everything you need to do the job at least is all in one system. Management could stand to hold those claims examiners accountable when they fall behind in their workload or fail to respond to an attorney's demand versus putting more work on those examiners who keep up with their work.

Pros

Working remotely

Cons

Long weekdays & weekends (poor work life balance)

Low pay, no training or support

I was a loss control inspector for Sedgwick. There was a total of 45 minutes training on the non user friendly software. Support is poor or non existent. When contacting training staff for guidance you’re given the impression you are bothering them. I am a LCR for another company, AFIRM. I would not recommend working for Sedgwick.

Pros

Work flexibility

Cons

Training, pay and support

Mediocre work place

This job is very straightforward if you follow training and i was enjoying the job. That changed when they changed my schedule to schedule outside my flexibility and it went downhill from there. From micromanaging, lack of communication from team memembers, etc

More work, less pay

The work load keeps increasing, pay is not keeping up. New hires making more than those that have been there. Do more work, make less money. Utter chaos on the nursing side, things change daily. Never know what you're suppose to be doing.

It’s a job…

If you are able to wfh your work - life balance is great. If not then forget about it. Or maybe it’s just my manager. Otherwise I enjoy my job here. I’ve been here over 5 years.

Horrible work/life balance

I start as part time and was able to get promoted fast to Sr. Disability Rep. The workload increased to the point, the team was alway 1 to 2 days behind. The management is amazing and care about their team, but the workload and pay is horrible.

Work load

The pay does not equal the work load. Having to work more than 8 hours just to get things done on time. Need more hands on deck. Great benefits and PTO

Would not recommend

The training team was really good! They worked to make sure everyone was included, knew what they were doing, and was willing to help anyone. However, once the job started the manager barely responded to you. If you needed a managers help they would just ignore you no matter how much you asked, no matter the topic, and then the employee gets penalized for "not doing the right thing". There was no accountability from management. you get 2 days off and nothing beyond that. I had communicated with management I needed days off 3 months in advance, it was verbally approved but not through the system. I was then reprimanded because I took the extra time and "didn't get it approved". I reached out the my direct manager on 5 different occasions over the 3 month period. After the few days of training you are on your own and good luck

Pros

Work from home

Terrible place to work

Been there for 2 yrs. Working hard for a 2 percent raise. Def not worth dealing with corp politics and being overworked and under appreciated. For a company tgat tells you it’s great…. They don’t treat you well

appalling company

appalling company outsourced all the long term people who had been loyal to the company, very little training given, some lovely people worked there but senior management poor

Horrible

No work life balance. Horrible pay and stressful. No one cares when you get sick or about your mental health. Calls were back to back and no time to take a breather

Too much work with unrealistic expectations

This is case management at its worst. Very little room for climbing up at the work place. Unrealistic expectations with long hours that are salaried. So no overtime.

Nice place to work

Everything is awesome. Management and all the way to corporate. They have a good work life balance. They treat everyone like family. I recommend working here!

Good place to work overall

Great work life balance and amanzing coworkers but continuous turnover was an issue and pay wasn't the best. Management was great, always willing to help when needed.

This company is not respected in the industry

When trying to make appointments, most of the insureds want nothing to do with you. When an appointment is made and survey is completed, it takes a long time to get paid. Pay is not good.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Low pay

Bonne expérience

Sedgx8ck sait reconnaître les talents au sein de l'entreprise.

Productive and Challenging

The company as a whole was great, provided great benefits and training was awesome. The hardest part was moving up within the company. You were required to work within the same position for at least a year to be considered.

Fun workplace

Awesome job , room for growth pay is decent love they offer overnights and it's work from home i love it so much you won't be disappointed the team le

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sedgwick. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Sedgwick
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?