Sam's Club

Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Showing all 23,241 reviews

Overall good

Overall a solid job, lots of growth opportunities. Decent schedule for retail. Holidays are crazy and sometimes it's overwhelming but in general it's manageable. You're definitely never bored.

Good WorkLife Balance

Good WorkLife BalanceNon challenging productsslower promosLow CompensationLack of technical driven initiativesMinimum PerksNo good annual bonuses anually

Easy job

The supervisor is amazing! The job is very laid back and very informative. Would highly recommend working here. I received my certification and my fellow employees are great to work with.

Great break room but training is not readily available

Many employees at my location wait months before starting training in an essential function of the store. There are not enough trained people to both train new employees and keep the store running, and the communication can be poor. There is a bean bag room that is very comfortable, and the break room has enough space to spread out. Pay is good, but I've had trouble accessing some of my benefits. There are vending machines in the break room, and there's sometimes cake or home-cooked food brought in by the managers for everyone.

If I could give negative stars I would

Got a new club manager and she talks down to everyone, talks to you like you don’t know how to do your job, yet hasn’t done your job at all. The 2 Front End coaches are the only good management. Most of supervisors below them don’t do any work just stand there or sit and the office complaining on how hard their job is. They won’t ever help you, but they’ll be quick to get on to you if you aren’t pulling your weight to their standards. Management gives you promise after promise after promise and don’t deliver, and then go back on their word saying it’s not guaranteed, even though they tell you to your face that’s for sure going to happen. If you like being talked down to and worked into the ground with no help this is the job for you

Pros

Good hours. Decent pay

Cons

Poor Management. No help

Buen ambiente laboral

El ambiente esta genial y buenas comisiones si eres cajero

Lots of politics, always having to look over your shoulder

You are always in fear of a corporate visit. Upper management are not listening, make decisions that make it difficult to be successful. Moral in the clubs is poor.

Buena

Es buena dependiendo el gerente que esté a cargo tuve como 7 gerentes y de los cuales 2 eran malos

Pros

Horarios nocturnos

Cons

Los festivos los trabajas

Horrible Managers

Horrible unorganized company with messy workers. Unprofessionally lack of support and career advancement. Only get a 2% raise. Managers hires there friends as manager and team leads instead of moving up the associates they currently have.

Productive and active

The people you make friends with should never unless you can trust and they play favorites at the one in MWC. Can't be me and that's not fair to other's.

Pros

Bonus pay

Cons

Favor workers

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sam's Club?

Scattered management and borderline toxic work environment

Different managers will try and manage each others departments which leads to nothing but confusion and frustration. Some managers are on your level and understand the job while others expect the moon while not lifting a finger.Getting sick without PTO can get you fired with no questions asked and no exceptions with how the attendance system is set up. Trained on a forklift with no raise in pay despite the large increase in responsibility.Training for the rest of the job was almost non-existent. Some shifts get special treatment while others get to clean up the mess.

Pros

Decent starting pay and some day one benefits

Cons

Unreasonable attendance policy, bad management

Feared for my job

I'll start out by saying, when I first started there I really liked it. I learned multiple different departments (I basically knew them all, minus the licensed areas). My coworkers were amazing. They were the reason I stayed as long as I did. After a couple years I found that I loved Cake Decorating so I transferred to the bakery and learned it all on the job. It was great. After a while we got a new manager in the club. They striked fear into basically everyone. They would come to the bakery say things like "You guys are doing great!" Then turn around and tell the Team Lead that we aren't keeping up with production and that they needed to get on us about it. That made the Team Lead come back and basically scream at us for not keeping the cake case stocked or getting orders out time. Graduation Season was the WORST! From May-July we would constantly get cake orders for graduations. They would always want them on the weekends. The most typical time was always noon (12pm). We would get 15+ orders for a Saturday at 12pm (plus the other orders for before and after that time, it added up). We weren't allowed to have an order schedule to make it easier on us. 12pm would come around and we'd be behind in orders. We're people, not robots. We're working as fast as we can to get the orders done. But we also don't want to rush them because we want them to turn out right. Of course members would be furious. It was absolutely terrible. Then, of course, some of the managers would come back and get mad at us for being behind. After the weekends the beginning of the week would be fine. -

Pros

Amazing coworkers, on the job training

Cons

Management, time management is nonexistent, meh benefits, rude members, very stressful environment

Can be a fair place to work

The General Manager is unfriendly and doesn’t work with you if you are in school, the leads can suck, cut hours for no reason, and don’t treat employees as fairly as they should

productive workspace

it was an okay job. The pay was alright and the environment was nice. Management is nice and very helpful. Benefits are a good deal. Get a free Sams Club membership, PTO hours, and 3 breaks. The medical benfits are mostly for full time employees though.

Good pay, great coworkers, but asinine management

Working at Sam's Club pays well, but is quite stressful. There are many times where you will have too many things to do and no one to help back you up. That really wasn't my issue though stress and heavy workloads aren't bad for me. Management, and I specifically mean above club level, make seemingly insane decisions. The company stopped offering physical cards to customers without telling people during 2022, asking people to get the app, ignoring anyone who doesn't want a phone, or who doesn't have unlimited data. Cash registers haven't been updated since the late eighties. The store pretends to not be understaffed when they are, and people cycle though very quickly. I'm not telling anyone to avoid working here, but think it over before you do.

Good job but hard sometimes

Working as a forklift driver can be hard but once you learn to work the lift it can be a fun job it’s really what you make of it good benefits and good days off in my opinion

Fun and Easy until it’s not.

The people who work for Sams Club make or break it. I loved my team but after a manager switch it went down hill quickly. It’s easy work and the paycheck was good.

Genuinely one of the best jobs I have had

The work given is relatively easy but it keeps you occupied all day, where you would either work inside HMS making the shelf foods or outside working with the chickens. Either or, both always felt like you were accomplishing something everyday when coming into work. It was an incredibly relaxing environment to be working in and people were incredibly helpful in regards to helping you start off. Coworkers, team leads, and management were all such wonderful people to work and talk with. Only downside is that you are working on your feet all day (and it can get painful if you are not used to that), but other than that this was an absolutely amazing job experience.I had to leave on short term due to personal issues in regards to my family, but the main team lead was incredibly respectful and understanding of the situation. Would work there again, absolutely amazing people and work environment there.

Worth it

This job is worth it and gives you a lot of benefits. Management is great and understanding. If you ever get bored they’ll find something for you to do and would put you in different departments to learn if you ever wanna change your position

Sam was good

I worked at Sam’s club for about 3 years. It was good place to work for. But there were managers at that time who I would asked for help and they you be rude and say it wasn't there job. But benefits were good and you get a do us once a year. I regret leaving this job.

Pros

Bonus

Cons

Hours

good place to work

Sams club is a good place to work! Metrics can be difficult to meet at times. Good market leader. Off on sundays and major holidays and you get a lunch break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Sam's Club
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?