SAA Technical

SAA Technical Employee Reviews

Very productive company with a good culture

Its a good industry aviation you get to learn n grow in the field and a lot fun.... i think any person you will get an opportunity in saa technical will love the company and wish to stay forever

Productive workplace with a potential to be even more productive

SAA Technical is a great company with lots of job opportunities. It has great potential to be more productive than it is, the only issue is the way the company is managed.

My review is based on what I valued on my contract with SAA Technical

SAAT is a world class airline. It competes fairly well with some of the world best airlines. The exposure I got at SAAT widened my career progression. It made me understand some project management aspects as well as best marketing tools for successful marketing of a service. Very useful quality assurance tools blended my skills as an aircraft technician.

Uncertainty

SAA Technical is currently facing uncertainty regarding its future financial viability. Due to the competitive environment and processes SAA Technical has to follow it finds itself on the back foot against other similar companies.

typical day at saa technical

A typical day starts with a team meeting whereby a plan of the day is laid down to the team and everyone is allocated their job for the day.Everyone is given the opportunity to raise their concerns pertaining their jobs.Once everyone is on the same wavelength,it makes the job for everyone easy and manageable.

Good working environment

Commit to work, be result oriented, as when uncertain, lots of room to grow, always put your hand up to gain more knowledge, keep updated with organizational news.

Very good place to work for with many senior experienced personnel willing to share information. I have learnt a lot through my years here and it is like my second home.

A real learning experience on Boeing's and Airbus. I trained and worked on wide body aircraft for twenty years. and smaller aircraft.

Aircraft maintenance is an exciting field. I worked in the major workshop on aircraft brought in for major overhaul as well as support workshop where parts and equipment were serviced. Self discipline and attention to detail are a basic requirement. Safety and environmental awareness becomes second nature. Over the years I worked on Boeing's, Airbus and MD11. Survival equipment installation, removal, inspection and service overhaul and repair became so routine that recognising problem areas became instinctive.

Life at SAA Technical Training School

Currently a very diversified and interesting work environment. We are going live with a new program and have to learn it, then design a course and afterwards present it. The school is good for me and gives me a chance to grow. I have free reign and am trusted with my work

Future Uncertain

At SAA Technical you will find skilled, loyal, knowledgeable and hardworking individuals who have been recruited to other airlines for decades. SAA technicians receive training in multiple aircraft tasks.

Pros

Reduced air fares

Cons

Shift work

Good

It was a very good place to work at, the people there are amazing and ciuld not ask for a better group of people . The experians was good and learned alot

Fun and wide scope for growth

The importance to stakeholder engagement Management accessible to staff Hardest Part - When parts are not delivered timeously Wide scope for Growth

Pros

Free Uniform

Cons

Normal Working Hours

was ok

start with staff attendance type letters find out from my manager what is the schedule for the day and print his programme for the day check the stationary print the budget once a month do my daily tasks and secretarial duties and office duties take minutes in meetings and type it up I had lots of time with co-workers helping them where I can and on the management side. There was no hard part in my job I enjoyed spending my time around people

Pros

13th cheque, christmas gifts, medical

Cons

small increases every year, if there was any

Productive workplace, working with aircrafts is a life changing experience.

Days are not the same, sometimes I work freely but most of the time it is hard work involved. I have learned a lot about aircrafts, types of aircraft and their identifications and maintenance proceedures involved (Flight controls rigging, Hydraulic control check, wheels and brakes assembly ect) . I have a good manager, he involves himself in the daily practice, finding out if we are happy about work given to us and making sure he knows our strengths and weaknesses. Working under pressure is the only hard time we acquire at work. It is mostly enjoyable when we get into team building activities with my fellow colleagues.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAA Technical. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SAA Technical