Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

Showing all 15,497 reviews

Fun place to work but management was terrible

I would come in and count the drawers from the previous night. Order money for the week. Count the safe and do deposits. I also did product replenishment and inventory loss prevention. Recovery was done at the end of every night and the store cleaned before anyone could leave. The management was not organized and many times we were short handed due to people calling in and no one coming in to replace them. Co-workers didnt like the job but we loved each other. The most enjoyable was the customer service counter. I got to work with the best we had there and help implement new Operation procedures.

Pros

great breaks

Cons

terrible management

Draining place to work.

No flexibility in scheduling- what they need you’ll be scheduled for. The work load for even regular associates is outrageous. What is expected with the tools provided is non realistic. If you want a job that will suck the life out of you- this is the place. Because corporate and upper management can’t get their “stuff together” you’re left to pick up the pieces. In this particular location (Lynnwood) you deal with narcissistic, entitled customers who be little you and shop like pigs. Their insurance policy is pretty good though, so there is that.

Pros

Insurance

Cons

Everything else

It’s a job

Kinda has a sweat shop environment. first shift controls everything. a lot of the departments show favoritism and/or only cares for people of a certain ethnic background.

Pros

Free lunches on Friday only during peak season any other Friday worked a snack is provided

Cons

Working six days during peak season paid biweekly

Pretty nice

Ross was t bad, training wasn’t long either and the pay was ok at the start when you first start. Depends on location how many hours they will give you, so your paychecks will be full. I was working 11 dollars an hour and then for holiday pay 16.50 which was worth it.

Pros

Worker discount and shop while on break.

Low pay and part time hours

The work here is not labor intensive mostly your picking up after people and assisting with finding items. You'll work more hours towards christmas but the rest of the year you'll be part time only.

Great

It was a great structured place to work at.Flexible scheduling was so awesome Most workers were helpful Stocker position I enjoyed . Very early shift

Laid back but no room for growth

I started working at Ross Dress for Less a little less than 2 years ago. At first it was tough having to memorize a whole speech and making sure no one was stealing. The cameras we use are often unreliable and every store has a different “way of doing things” when it comes to preventing loss. Some stores will fire you for trying to recover merchandise while others will praise you for it. Management also makes it difficult for someone in Loss Prevention to get promoted to a supervisor position. They often choose people who they personally like while disregarding candidates that might be a better fit. There is also a lack of DIRECT communication, many managers like to do things their own way and it’s difficult to know when to do something because you never know how some people might react. Being someone who is highly opinionated is also frowned upon. Managers will pick and choose to follow certain rules when it benefits them but never allow someone in a different position to do the same, even if it might be the better option. All in all not a bad place to work if you want to show up do basically nothing and go home.

they don't seem to want to take the time to train me

it was implied i was too slow on my first day before i had been given any training. my third day scheduled they told me not to come in because the truck was short. don't feel appreciated and it seems they can't guarantee 12 hours of work a week. but it is my second job so i will work it for now.

Pros

it is close to my house

Cons

pay is low. i feel unimportant to them.

Not the place for career growth

The Store Manager was mean and always had a micromanaging approach to the store. They would always find a way to make smart remarks and made me feel uncomfortable to say the least. Hours were not consistent and there is no incentive to stay with the company like yearly raises or bonuses.

"It's a great place to work if you have a good manager."

I enjoyed my tenure there. I missed my old manager there though when he transferredOverall is was a nice place to work.Pay is really good compared to the other retail stores in the area.

Pros

Pay is great!

Cons

Christmas time is crazy! Lots of work though.

Productive and fun workplace

This was a super fun and very positive job. Everyone was fantastic and made each day great. All the managers were great and supportive, while also really caring about the employees.

Management and Work environment

Management at ross can be pretty rocky depending on the location, and sometimes managers themselves are the ones creating drama. As for work environment, it’s like any other typical discount store. It can be busy and stressful, but the regular customers you meet and the outgoing employees can make the job a lot easier and much more enjoyable

Management team is a joke

Every manager at my location tends to slack around talking on the phone or with the cashiers upfront not helping anyone out on the floor, store is always understaffed and the hours are very bad for sales floor and stock.

Pros

40% Discount every 4 months

Cons

None paid lunch, understaffed, horrible management

meh

i worked there for a few years but honestly this job isn't that great. minimum wage pay and usually understaffed. they give all of the hours to the new hires and take away from the people who have been there longer. for a job who only hires 18+ i would recommend another place

Run

Don't work here unless you really have no other source of income. management is a joke, alot of favoritism, lack of hours and employees don't last long working for this company.

Laidback

It’s a chill and fun place to work. No hard work get overtime from time to time but you’re usually home in good timing. Management isn’t too bad either

Great place to work. Management treats associates with respect and honor time off. Lots of customers so there is always work to do. Great work life balance.

Pros

Leadership and hours

Eh

Eh. Working for ROSS Stores is a good gig, but there’s only so much time one can spend working there. And it doesn’t really help that there are no other advancement opportunities.

Great work culture

Worked here while attending college. Great diversity and work-life balance. Got promoted from cashier to supervisor. My manager was great and everyone else was friendly.

Easy

Fairly easy job being a manager. They frequently give double discounts for employees each season change. Definitely need better pay. The hardest part of the job is completing tasks with the amount of call outs per week in addition to finding someone willing to come into work to cover shifts.

It was okay for my first job

Took this job during Covid and it was okay, had to stand on my feet for a few hours and had to get used to it. The employees were really nice and everyone helped me being the new guy. The only bad thing about this job is the customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ross Dress For Less. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Ross Dress For Less