Redfin

Redfin Employee Reviews

I loved Redfin until I was laid off

Redfin is a great company to work if you are young and healthy. When I became ill and was hospitalized I was discriminated against in subsequent work assignments . Also, as the oldest person in my department, I was the only one permanently laid off when cutbacks occurred. The others were furloughed and may be asked back.

Great pay, and incentives. But allows for little work life balance. Some managers are more supportive than others. Lots of pressure to make goals which is hard if you try to have a life.

Flexible schedule

Flexible schedule but inconsistent work. Lead agents are now encouraged to do home showings so a lot of appointments were taken away. Frustrating when you spend time to book an appointment then a lead agent takes over your tour and you get zero compensation

Overwhelming

The workload was overwhelming. Management was supportive and wanted to help you meet your goals. Most of the time is spent on the phones chasing clients and writing contracts

Great Place To Start Your Real Estate Career

Overall I've really enjoyed working for Redfin. I've been both a Lead Agent (Buy-Side) and an Associate Agent (1099). For those getting into the industry I'd argue there is not a better place to start. With that said, the only draw back was having to work your way into listings. While understandable, I felt the positions were filled and unless someone stopped, there wasn't much to go around thus no advancement in that direction. Keep in mind this is situational and alot has changed over the years.

Flexible hours but poor compensation.

As an Associate Agent you have lots flexibility with your schedule but the pay is really bad. If you need experience and are looking to climb the corporate ladder it could be worth the time you put into it.

Pros

Flexible Sheduale

Cons

poor compensation

emphasis is on team support, however you have to "fit in"

clocking in at home and the ability to work a remote job was cool. The bad thing is I missed the first day of training due to planned back surgery. That really set the pace for me to fail and I believe that because I was more mature, they treated me like I did not "understand" what I have been certified to do, as well as over 10 years of experience. I got fired due to my age.

It was amazing and now it just is

They hired a million AA during the pandemic because open houses were shut down so it was an amazing gig for an agent trying to gain experience since there was a lot of activity. Now that interest rates are up I would not recommend the AA role for a full time role as the income potential of survival in OC is almost impossible but as a side hobby it can be a lot of fun.

N/a

They are a very good company to work for I would recommend this place for any one new to the real estate market. They also have great benefits as well as a base pay

Beware

This job description is a lot different than the actual job because the corporate people have no idea what this job actually entails. Poor pay, no benefits

Okay temporary side job

It's a okay side job pay is not great no benefits, and they don't care about you, you drive to showing and get cancelled on you spend money more than you make.

Great corporate culture

The management and CEO are everything at Redfin. Inclusive, supportive, compassionate and inspiring. The job can be all consuming, establishing a work/life balance is challenging. Expect to work long hours to earn a good salary.

Great place for associate agents

I worked as an associate agent which is a contract position. I was paid fairly per event and had total control over my availability.Being a licensed realtor is required, but I got to do the fun things likeShow homes, hold open houses, attend inspection, etc and didn’t have to worry about the after hour calls or the paperwork.It’s perfect for someone who wants to be I. The business, but still have their off time be stress free.

Fully in charge of schedule, up to a point ...

For the most part, it's not a difficult job, but requires lots of driving. I like the interaction with the customers and assisting them to an extent in searching for their new home. Only complaint is what constitutes a multiple home tour taking into consideration the rate of pay and amount of time spent driving.

Pros

In charge of your own schedule

Cons

Rate of pay

Not enough compensation to throve

If you’re okay with living paycheck to paycheck, consider taking a lead agent role at Redfin. Otherwise, keep looking.Also, as efficient as some of their tech may make your job, a lot of it is counterintuitive and creates severe bottlenecks.

Flexible

The bad thing is the slow in the market right know...for the rest seems good.Good training. If you have questions there's always somebody to help you. Either your coordinator, manager or agents.Excellent cooworkers, very helpfull people.

Pros

Flexibility as an Associate Agent

Cons

Not enough or none events in weeks

Good place to start

Compensation is really low. Way to much expected for such little pay. Management was also a bit overbearing. But the culture was great. Peers were helpful

Competitive tools for agents out in the field, supportive co-workers

Overall Redfin is a great company. The fast pace of real estate requires on demand service. Redfin does all it can to make it easier for agents while at the same time pressures agents in the field to give up time to serve clients.

Pros

Flexibilty, excellent technology, smart, responsive execs

Cons

Very busy, on demand job. Work/life balance is nearly impossible

Good place to start out in Real Estate

I was an Associate Agent, so I pretty much opened doors and answered questions here and there. The pay is okay if you're just starting out and have another source of income. A lot of my showings would get cancelled after being scheduled.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Pay

Overall good company

Unfortunately times have been very strange lately with the pandemic and housing market so we’ve had a lot of layoffs that make us all uncomfortable and we have lost the mission and values Redfin stands for.. but the benefits are great and pay is super competitive which is nice. Plus, many roles are now remote and that helps so much!

Pros

Free in-office lunches, great benefits, competitive pay

Cons

Frequent layoffs, lack of culture, managers don’t help you climb the promotional ladder

Choose the right side of Redfin

Working for Redfin Corporation was fun and stimulating. Redfin Home Services is still in the start-up phase. Redfin's home service culture does not embody the culture. Everything has a learning curve, so choose your side depending on what motivates you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Redfin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Redfin
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?