Reckitt

Reckitt Employee Reviews for R&D Engineer

R&D Engineer23 reviews

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,392 reviews

Too much politics

The job in R&D was working far more hours than expected with the only reward being time off. Line managers for lower positions are very helpful but beyond those they are clearly playing office politics and trying to climb a corporate ladder. That shows in decision making and also playing blame games.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Do not plan on being at RB forever

First and foremost contractors are second class, talk about inclusion, absolutely laughable. Contractors are not “team members “ they are hired help.

Pros

Lots of work

Cons

No chance on becoming permanent if you don’t have a degree

Stressful,no job security,PoorHR,

Company is good, but frequently changing leaderships creates huge deviations in Kpi,goals,directions. Changes in management is tough.frequent change is destabilizing the employees.and no support for responsible people's

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Fast changes in leaderships

Great people, interesting projects.

RB are a fantastic bunch of people, who seem truly passionate about the products and work they do. Having said that, to prosper in this company you need that passion yourself! If the products don't excite you, the more difficult times will be that much more painful to work through (think big milestones in the project timeline). However if you have the passion, there is nothing stopping you from flourishing here. The hiring process leaves something to be desired from my personal experience; being unable to contact HR to arrange an interview date is a nightmare to say the least!

Dynamic environment

Fast pace, driven and a dynamic environment, exposure to other product portfolios and different departments. Possibility to work with departments in different countries

RB is tolerable depending on your job

Experience means nothing. Your country of origin means everything. Europeans get all the promotions and hold all management positions. R&D HR is a total joke. They will approach you with a salary and then offer you about 2/3 of that and say that was New Jersey going rates because cost of living is more there. Lab analysts are paid less than elementary school teachers and they wonder why they have such an enormous turnover rate.

Productive and fun work place

The employee and team dynamic are reasons alone to stay working at RB. Everyone is on the same side and it is felt which everyone lending a hand when needed.

Pros

Awesome coworkers

Cons

"Manager" goggles, managers do not always know the work that goes into each position.

Challenging day with rewarding outputs

I work with cross functional & Cross cultural teams. Everyday is a new day at RB and gives me motivation to wake up every morning to get to work. New challenges and new learnings is the most enjoyable part Hard part is it can be very draining at times

Pros

Recognition and Rewards

Cons

Stressful at times

Unique Working Culture

Great company to work for with advancement at your own pace. Very unique working culture that may be no be suitable for everyone. You will definitely be thrown in at the deep-end

Fun

Had a great placement year here. Learnt a lot of techniques and had a good introduction to the scientific industry. Site offers interdepartmental progression among a dozen different brands.

Pros

Student internships.

Cons

Hull

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Reckitt?

very good

very good, good work, good environment, good, good, good, good culture, culture good aND AND AND great typical day good, learned a lot, good and good very best is. better to see my rating

Good experience

As a placement student, opportunities were provided but not real responsibility. Work culture, employees and work/life balance was brilliant. Management wasn't great and hard to approach.

Pros

Good work culture

Cons

Unapproachable Management

Productive, Innovative and Systametic

Very interesting to learn new thing daily. Friendly and Systematic Management. No hierarchy.Open to Innovation.Fast changing and Fast growing environment

Pros

Innovative

Cons

Long day of working

Excellent FMCG company globally respected

I would liaise with my laboratory staff, hold new product development meetings with all relevant departments. I enjoyed the creativity of the role but at times it was difficult to persuade an over enthusiastic marketeer that their product would not be feasible for launch or warn that deadlines could not be met. I was required to attend regional and global meetings, meet and assess suppliers with procurement and oversee factory trials. Co-workers were very cooperative.

Pros

Ability to create new products

Cons

Sometimes long hours when my daughter was young

A new domain of work

Working in R & D was a first time experience for me. I learnt about the communication skills, handling the pressure and working with my boss was an excellent experience, that is helpful for me till now. I have been exposed to high level personalities on renowned MNC.

Pros

Free lunch, annual leave, limited official hours, bonus

Fast Paced and Bottom-line focused

Can learn a lot during your career about global FCMG especially if you have flexibility for international positions in the different product categories. Need to be able to turn around projects quickly - lean staffing with tight budget guidelines. Compensation & benefits are average for the industry.

Pros

fast learning environment to quickly build skill set, international opportunities

Cons

hours could be long for salary employees

RB - Well Rounded Experience

RB lets employees get involved in all aspects of projects and product development and gives its employees a lot of experience in the field of FMCG. They expect full ownership which is motivating to its employees.

OK Stepping Stone

flexible schedule, great pay, for the most part the department has a lot of comraderie, terrible interdepartment workmanship

An exciting, fast paced and challenging work environment

A typical day involves providing analytical support to the department in general, trouble shooting equipment issues, reviewing analytical data etc. In my time with RB, I have learned that communication is key; that it always pays to have an open mind. That there are always options, more than one way of doing things and that it is very important to have buy-in from all team members and not only management. My co-workers can be split into two definite groups - the more experienced associates and team seniors who have years of experience in the OTC pharmaceutical sector and the temporary analytical staff who are 'in the trenches', usually fresh university graduates who conduct the routine analytical work that all projects/ stability studies depend on. The hardest part of my job at the moment is prioritising the issues that I'm called in to support, there is only one of me and usually several teams needing help and support. That being said, it is also one of the more enjoyable aspects of my job. Learning how all the teams fit into the departments goals as a whole, and then being able to prioritise and explain those priorities to those who need to hear them.

Temporary Contract, great experience

I was given a temporary contract for 6 months, which I took so I could experience laboratory work outside of the NHS. It is well run, flexitime, demanding.

Pros

Flexitime, no weekend working (unless contracted)

Cons

Temporary

career in Reckitt Benckiser

Reckitt Benckiser is a superb place for a fresher like me to start his career. the organisational set up and the product profile of the company is such dat it provides enormous opportunities to learn perform and also outperform (through healthy competition Only) thereby shaping up your career.

Pros

Global approach and awesome work environments

Cons

HR Policies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reckitt. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Reckitt
  • R&D Engineer
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?