Radisson Blu Hotel

Radisson Blu Hotel Work-Life Balance reviews

I feel very lucky that i got an oppurtunity to have an experience in a very multicultural environment . I was a beiginer all credit goes to my perivous property what I am now .
Early in the morning, all the complaints were coming together and staff were expressing their problems in angry way,but it is true because if the equipment will not work properly how they will cook?so i am proud my self i was convincing them in very meaning fully and solving all the problrms in very hurrily, so cooks were getting very happy.
• 276 rooms, 16 restaurants and bars and 12 meeting rooms with more than 2,000 square meters Team work Good Atmosphere
Pros
Last minute functions
Cons
a typical day at my work is always taking care of the guest or the customers,taking their orders,serving the food and being friendly with them. what i learned from my experience is to know the value of the the consumers, in order to be a successful business we have to treat them a very important to our business.And I learned how to engaged different people in a professional manner. The management in my establishment was very supportive, I like how they treat us and giving us a lot of trainings in order for us to grow, to be knowledgeable and become professionals. My co-workers are friendly though sometimes we are having an arguments and we can't avoid that specially in a busy hours but in the end we still managed to be as a one team that helping each other. The hardest part of my job is when a time a colleague don't want to cooperate and your team work will going down and at the same time i have my own responsibility to fulfill so i have to work double and manage my time just to fill the missing points in our team work to be able to maintain the good service that were giving to our guest. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a guest appreciate my service and my manager acknowledge my job,that makes me more motivated and inspired to do more.
Pros
free transportation, food and housing
Cons
working time 8-10 hours a day with one day off a week acknowledging the guest and handling them in all levels good management respectable colleague during operation
Pros
free accommodation plus transportation
Cons
break shift (morning to evening)
Every day its common time to start a resatuarnt on time dailywise morning sharp at 6 AM for the break fast, as i work in buffet rastaurant. i learn every day something or anything which is regarding for the restaurant or for public relation, my management always supports me in doing a good service with the help of briefing every day before restaurant gets starts for 15 min briefing. my co-workers are good, we help each othe for easy and good service for the guest, no part is the hardest when while restaurant starts, ita actually a good fun doing good service according to me, the more you have willingness to do serve the more you will have fun doing your job according to me.
Cons
when our restaurant is in busy schedule, i always use to do aextra hours duty, and also for that my company use to pay me extra salary for that if not extra leave.
a typical day at work will depend on which shift one is doing..each shift has its own modus operandi..otherwise work is fun..colleagues are brilliant..management is going thru change, the old one was bad, hopefully the new people will bring back the glory days..there is nothing that was hard..learning was good in the beginning and afterwards it became stagnant..
Pros
excellent people, feeling of family
Cons
bad employee support..eg:accommodation, benefits etc
Receives daily batch of invoices from the receiving clerk, check and verify the validity and accuracy of the invoices then post them using SCALA system.I've learned to be more pro-active on other section of accounts. Did cross trained in Income Audit;Payroll and Accounts Receivable. Most important thing, with all other training provided by the Radisson Blu & Park Inn, it helps me to re-define and composed my dreams and goal in life.Being a member of Rezidor Carlson Group, our organization encourage and trained people. More than that, The Radisson Blu and Park Inn Abu Dhabi Yas Island practice business with high ethics.Our HR department make sure that we have social activities involves all employee at least every quarterly. On the other hand one of the best we have in Finance Department, at all times we help each section, when other's needs hand all of us are willing to help and do extra miles.I find it difficult when loaded of work come at the same time, since I was alone handling accounts payable but as I've mentioned, we can always ask on my other colleague hands. I enjoyed a lot when I tried to solved a problem and provided the best result in any account disputes.
Pros
team outing
Cons
long hours and loaded work
am working in split shift,i lernd abut 3 various cusines,its an german manegment,78 diffrent nationalities,i dont feel any thing hard here,bussey time we r working as a team with good sprit its very nice expiriance.
Pros
3time meal sharing room
Cons
12 hours duty