PwC

PwC Employee Reviews

It is challenging to work within one of the smaller niche departments of PwC, there is little understanding of the niche market space that the small department works within.
Key traits of working in PwC: - Diverse exposure to clients in various industries - Opportunity to work in different types of projects - Good performance is recognized and rewarded
Great place to build a career in. PwC is about building a career and helps you grow. Hard work is a must and everyone works in a team.
We had good time with our colleagues in PwC even through it was a busy period for the auditors. I would like to thank our HR team for organizing such a lovely event to make us cool.
I enjoyed working with PwC for 4 years. It provided me with opportunities to work on international project with SME's and i enjoyed working in multi cultured environment.
Pros
international Opportunities
Cons
Less salary
The main benefit of working on campus is being flexible with work-study schedule. This allowed the chance to finish classes and immediately go to work. The work environment was also highly enjoyable.
• Judiciously planning Audits, testing the necessary controls, providing Assurance services through utilization of various analytical procedures etc. • Efficiently executing the field work related to monitoring & reviewing Audit activities, preparing reports & reporting to the Audit Manager & other Engagement Partners • Proactively involved in Audit services of various local & multinational clients like Schlumberger, Kodak ME, British American Tobacco etc.
Pros
Audit tools and methodologies
Cons
Long working hours
Fun & Productive Place, with exciting opportunities for all graduates, from an international secondment, to great responsibility.
Ongoing compliance and company secretarial support. Advising clients on best practice and assisting with their corporate secretarial needs.Strategy for board of directors. Provide board readiness training for clients.
Pros
Good exposure to quality clients
Cons
- coordinating with team members - coordinating with managers and partners - coordinating with clients - effective and efficient time management - meeting deadlines
Pros
good exposure
Cons
long hours, difficult to maintain work life balance
Good working environment, extensive system oriented. Lot of opportunity for learning. Free style management, not getting involved in daily activities.
Pros
Flexible working and friendly environment
Cons
Recognition Programs not upto mark
1) Gives you the training in accounting and finance background 2) Greater learning environment and exposure 3) Diverse work culture
Pros
Corporate culture; diversity; learning culture
Cons
Long working hours; unsatisfactory pay; intense and pressure oriented work
PwC is a great company to work for as employees have a broad range of opportunities to improve themselves in different business areas from IT transformation to business strategy.
Depending on which department you fall in, you can either get a very good experience and engage in interesting projects, or you can get thrown in the dark where you get under-utilised and become a victim of the blame game from your line management so as not to take the blame themselves. I enjoyed working on a short term project with a partner which we successfully delivered and got positive feedback from the client. Expect an unbalanced work/life balance
Pros
Multinational company, Big 5
Cons
Long work hours, no guidance from management, work on anything unrelated to your expertise
PwC is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone can succeed in achieving his or her personal and professional goals. An inclusive workplace enables us to embrace the diversity and richness of backgrounds and perspectives of our people, and to leverage their diverse talents to arrive at winning business solutions.
Pwc is a good company to work for. It practices and encourages a multi cultured environment. Co-workers and management are very supportive both professionally and personally. It trains you to work under heavy stress and in the process one enjoys this work environment as you are aware that it is a passing phase or a basic work requirement.
Pros
social and supportive work envioremnet.
Cons
Frequent change is management
PwC is a very challenging place to work at with tight deadlines and different reporting managers that in turn enhances your skills to manage time and be as efficient as possible. There is a diverse group of people that you work with from all over the globe that makes it fun and interesting for you to get to know them and their cultures and backgrounds. The management does a great job at arranging social events every few months where everyone can kick back and relax for an evening and meet each other in a non-working environment. The toughest part is the long hours that you have to work, which at times can stretch to working 12+ hours everyday for a few weeks straight.
Pros
good exposure
Cons
long hours, difficult to maintain work life balance
I have worked with a multiculture team and enjoyed alot, by having good work and with time pressure. I am more interested in doing finance, accounts related work
Pros
Being acknowledged
Cons
Late sittings.
PwC provided me appropriate training, coaching and experiences that allow me to build relationships and take advantage of career opportunities. I got diversified client portfolio to enhance my career and capabilities. I learnt time and project management skills during the peak season through appropriate coaching from Senior Managers, Directors and Partners.
Strong work life balance and advancement Good advancement opportunities
A typical day at work - There is no typical day at work for me. Every day brings a new challenge and new problem to solve. What I've learned - I have learned so much during my tenure at PwC - I have learnt how to listen and not react, to think about the big picture when analysing documents, manage expectations of my client and my own boss. Co-workers - I have brilliant co-workers. We work as a team and are always there to help each other out. The hardest part of my job - The hardest part of my job is the high pressure and extremely long hours I have to put in every single day of the month. There is no work/life balance and I also do not like the fact that I get paid quite poorly compared to industry. Most enjoyable part of my job - The enjoyable part of my job is that every project is unique and challenging in its own way. I like that I have to think out of the box, and to put it more appropriately, think like the perpetrator. I love working in a team and I love that every project delivered by me has high level of quality.
Pros
Team work, delivery of quality work, good boss
Cons
Long hours, no work/life balance, very poor salary compared to industry
  1. Employee Reviews