PwC

PwC Employee Reviews

It is challenging to work within one of the smaller niche departments of PwC, there is little understanding of the niche market space that the small department works within.
The work was very challenging on a day to day basis dealing with different company structures and audits. Entrusted with the role of leading various teams and coordinating with team members and higher level management of clients Was also involved in conducting. planning, execution and completion of statutory audit & review engagements and validation of financial reporting packages of various multinational organizations such as DHL, Mediclinic, Aspen Healthcare, DIFC etc. Proficient at providing value added customer service by resolving their issues & ensuring their satisfaction with the service norms. Having joined the organization as a fresh graduate, I was offered a full time position as a trainee associate in the assurance industry, and was promoted twice within the span of four years. Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills with proven abilities in team management and planning
Pros
Yearly company iftars, and team dinners
Cons
Long unexpected hours
The best part of being with this company is meeting different people from client's side and being able to work with different colleagues for each of the client.
With a strong team and company values, employees feels engaged and empowered. Personal aspiration and motivation are listed to and career move within the company is done per merit.
Pros
Strong branding
Cons
Beautiful culture with people from all over the world; but the output of work expected at all times and delivered meant that the salaries provided were undermined.
Work starts at 8AM and normally ends at 6PM. However when there is a need to finish the job, we typically extend our working hours and in many cases work on weekends in order to meet the deadline to our clients. The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture in the office. Though we are coming from different background and ethnicity, the culture is like a family. I learned a lot in PwC both technical and non-technical. Exposures to different clients in different industries allows me to widen my know-how and skills. The hardest part of the job is when deadlines from different clients are coming close.
Pros
Free food in the pantry.
Cons
Long hours.
The issues with this company is that they do not appreciate one's hard work and office politics. My boss was not very motivating because of which I was reluctant to come to work.
Company culture did not fit mine, reluctant to embrace organisational change required to deal with business environment, didn't eat enough of their own cooking
I enjoyed everyday of my internship at PwC. You are surrounded with amazingly smart people around you in a beautiful new office. PwC really creates a great working environment. The partners are sometimes hard to reach, mainly because they are always on the road, but when they are in the office, they are really approachable. The beginning of the job was tough because you need to learn about the company really fast, but once you get to know the way of work, it is very manageable.
Pros
Great working environment, Flexible working hours
Cons
always on the road
At work, I would help by emailing employees asking them which insurance package they would prefer. I would also enter data into the system, collected from the employees. My co-workers were very nice and friendly people and even though I was the only intern in that department, they treated me with respect and professionalism.
Communicates audit findings by preparing a final report; discussing findings with auditees. Prepares special audit and control reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating information and trends. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Pros
Continious development
Cons
Life Balance
Follow up with internal and external email requests. Check if all client orders have been fulfilled. Call customers and schedule meetings. Schedule internal meetings with operations and management. I learnt the ins and outs of logistics 3PL and account management. Hardest part is adhering to project deadlines since there are many cross functional departments involved as well as stakeholders. Most enjoyable part is successfully launching and signing off a project.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Coordination
During to my time in PwC, i was fortunate enough to work on some pretty interesting projects including setting up a green field bank, setting up a real time gross settlement system (RTGS) for the six Gulf Co-operation Countries (GCC) and a study to set up the Gulf Monetary Union.
Pros
Experience, Job Security
Cons
Salary
PwC client and Partners have to be the first and foremost priority. One rarely leaves the office or client site at daylight. Expect to work 70% of your weekends. Exceptional exposure to very exciting projects, high level clients. Lot of travel so you can earn frequent flyer points, stay in reasonably good hotels. Annual training program, dinners, various social events, etc.
Pros
Free Breakfast; 5 week vacation; Good coworkers
Cons
Never ending workweeks; Demanding Partners
Its a good place to work in, but the job security is highly subjective as there are no clear lines to appraise the performance.
The organization needs to look its current structure, at the moment it is very top-heavy. Job Work/Life Balance - no existent as our official working hours is from 08:00 to 18:00 Salary/Benefits - Not as competitive as the rest of the Big 4 Job Security/Advancement - There is no job security, especially with the downturn of market Management - Very top heavy Job Culture - PwC global culture is excellent, which sadly isn't the case in the regional office.
It was a pressure job with a lot of challenges and a great place to learn and develop. With its great client base it was a great place for professional growth. The environment was professional and competition was high.
Pros
Excellent pay scales
Cons
Extreme pressure
In my current position I have led teams through the planning, execution and conclusion stages of statutory audits, validation of financial reporting packages and other varied special nature engagements. My responsibilities included engagement management, client relationship management and co-ordination with professionals in various fields.
Hard work, dedication and loyalty is part of my function.In capacity of Senior Manager with PwC in Dubai, was responsible for finalisation of various assignments in respect to Multinationals and large business houses .
Pros
Challenges
Cons
Excessive travel
Has great experience in Management, Logistics and customer service. Self-motivated, goal-driven, and dedicated. Excellent organizational skills as well as strong work ethic. Demonstrated ability to work as a team player or as an individual. Proven skills in an international, fast paced and competitive environment. Ability to multi-task and work without supervision. Previous office assistant, property management, cash-handling, sales experience and focused on customer satisfaction.
good work good salary no life balance, good management good lifestyle, much travelling at deference country good benefits like perdiems
  1. Employee Reviews