PwC

PwC Work-Life Balance reviews

It is challenging to work within one of the smaller niche departments of PwC, there is little understanding of the niche market space that the small department works within.
I'm thankful to in my previous company I learn o lot as a Associate Consultant and work balance and surrounding a good clients and great benefits as a family man and good people.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
PwC is a great place to learn, particularly in the first 10 - 15 years of your carrier. Given the diverse types of solution sets offered, very often no two jobs are similar offering an excellent opportunity to learn practically in a very short span of time.
the team was nice with great experience the firm very organized long hours working but with paid overtime great learning and career development met my expectations
The best part of being with this company is meeting different people from client's side and being able to work with different colleagues for each of the client.
With a strong team and company values, employees feels engaged and empowered. Personal aspiration and motivation are listed to and career move within the company is done per merit.
Pros
Strong branding
Cons
Work starts at 8AM and normally ends at 6PM. However when there is a need to finish the job, we typically extend our working hours and in many cases work on weekends in order to meet the deadline to our clients. The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture in the office. Though we are coming from different background and ethnicity, the culture is like a family. I learned a lot in PwC both technical and non-technical. Exposures to different clients in different industries allows me to widen my know-how and skills. The hardest part of the job is when deadlines from different clients are coming close.
Pros
Free food in the pantry.
Cons
Long hours.
Company culture did not fit mine, reluctant to embrace organisational change required to deal with business environment, didn't eat enough of their own cooking
Its a good place to work in, but the job security is highly subjective as there are no clear lines to appraise the performance.
The organization needs to look its current structure, at the moment it is very top-heavy. Job Work/Life Balance - no existent as our official working hours is from 08:00 to 18:00 Salary/Benefits - Not as competitive as the rest of the Big 4 Job Security/Advancement - There is no job security, especially with the downturn of market Management - Very top heavy Job Culture - PwC global culture is excellent, which sadly isn't the case in the regional office.
good work good salary no life balance, good management good lifestyle, much travelling at deference country good benefits like perdiems
Great place to build a career in. PwC is about building a career and helps you grow. Hard work is a must and everyone works in a team.
The main benefit of working on campus is being flexible with work-study schedule. This allowed the chance to finish classes and immediately go to work. The work environment was also highly enjoyable.
Ongoing compliance and company secretarial support. Advising clients on best practice and assisting with their corporate secretarial needs.Strategy for board of directors. Provide board readiness training for clients.
Pros
Good exposure to quality clients
Cons
- coordinating with team members - coordinating with managers and partners - coordinating with clients - effective and efficient time management - meeting deadlines
Pros
good exposure
Cons
long hours, difficult to maintain work life balance
1) Gives you the training in accounting and finance background 2) Greater learning environment and exposure 3) Diverse work culture
Pros
Corporate culture; diversity; learning culture
Cons
Long working hours; unsatisfactory pay; intense and pressure oriented work
Depending on which department you fall in, you can either get a very good experience and engage in interesting projects, or you can get thrown in the dark where you get under-utilised and become a victim of the blame game from your line management so as not to take the blame themselves. I enjoyed working on a short term project with a partner which we successfully delivered and got positive feedback from the client. Expect an unbalanced work/life balance
Pros
Multinational company, Big 5
Cons
Long work hours, no guidance from management, work on anything unrelated to your expertise
PwC is a very challenging place to work at with tight deadlines and different reporting managers that in turn enhances your skills to manage time and be as efficient as possible. There is a diverse group of people that you work with from all over the globe that makes it fun and interesting for you to get to know them and their cultures and backgrounds. The management does a great job at arranging social events every few months where everyone can kick back and relax for an evening and meet each other in a non-working environment. The toughest part is the long hours that you have to work, which at times can stretch to working 12+ hours everyday for a few weeks straight.
Pros
good exposure
Cons
long hours, difficult to maintain work life balance
Strong work life balance and advancement Good advancement opportunities
A typical day at work - There is no typical day at work for me. Every day brings a new challenge and new problem to solve. What I've learned - I have learned so much during my tenure at PwC - I have learnt how to listen and not react, to think about the big picture when analysing documents, manage expectations of my client and my own boss. Co-workers - I have brilliant co-workers. We work as a team and are always there to help each other out. The hardest part of my job - The hardest part of my job is the high pressure and extremely long hours I have to put in every single day of the month. There is no work/life balance and I also do not like the fact that I get paid quite poorly compared to industry. Most enjoyable part of my job - The enjoyable part of my job is that every project is unique and challenging in its own way. I like that I have to think out of the box, and to put it more appropriately, think like the perpetrator. I love working in a team and I love that every project delivered by me has high level of quality.
Pros
Team work, delivery of quality work, good boss
Cons
Long hours, no work/life balance, very poor salary compared to industry
PwC comes under Big 4 audit firm and I am proud working with it.
Pros
toil
Cons
hard work...