PwC

PwC Employee Reviews

Showing all 8,018 reviews
It is challenging to work within one of the smaller niche departments of PwC, there is little understanding of the niche market space that the small department works within.
Hoge werkdruk en relatief weinig erkenning. Door weinig doorgroeimogelijkheden en onvrede over communicatie en gang van zaken besloten firma te verlaten. Lange tijd gewerkt en weliswaar veel geleerd, maar je moet willen werken in zo een cultuur. Als dat je ambitie is dan is PwC top.
Pros
Thuiswerken geoptimaliseerd, veel jonge collega’s, dynamische omgeving, leuke personeelsfeesten
Cons
Salaris, cultuur, werkdruk, hiërarchie
Countless opportunities for professional development in terms of technical knowledge and global network of qualified people. The size of the transactions I've seen are massive (in the billions), and you get to learn a lot about the ins and outs of a multinational company in your professional area.The starting pay for entry level will depend largely on the education level (JD/LLM vs. accounting degree), but we see it level off over time, which can mean very competitive pay.I wouldn't expect work-life balance when it comes to working hours, but my team has been very flexible with working remotely.Caveat: I have heard that experience will depend on your geographic location, team, and client/engagement. I consider myself lucky for meeting my team and being on the client accounts that I am on. But the vast majority of PwC professionals that I've worked with internally (other locations (including foreign) and different line of service) have been very easy to work with.
Pros
Competitive pay, nice fringe benefits, autonomy (as long as you prove yourself)
Cons
A lot of self-help and teaching in the beginning with no one actively training you (technical, soft skills, and/or admin)
A lot of good opportunities especially when first starting out. The overall structures in place to help you succeed are proven but you do have to put forth the right effort in order to succeed, as it should be.
Pros
Lots of opportunities
Cons
Some clients are more demanding than others.
Les plus belles années de carrière mais sous payé. Apprentissage professionnel d’exception
Pros
Mandats variés
Cons
Beaucoup d’heures supplémentaires non rémunérées
Training programs were outstanding. The firm puts a lot of thought into training and mentoring associates. Also good place to start building a network for your career.
Pros
Training and development
Cons
Long hours, can be repetitive work with little human interaction at times
Big 4 experience - management consulting can be a highly political atmosphere. Limited transparency into how performance evaluation works and decisions around compensation.
Pros
WL Balance
Cons
Below par benefits
You work with a lot of smart people at PwC and get a lot of great exposure but, as with any consulting job, the work life balance is not great nor is the compensation (relative to what you could receive by jumping to a competing firm or exiting to industry). Overall, it's a good place to spend a few years and get the name on your resume / good experience in a lot of areas, but don't think it's great for long-term prospects.
in Kazakhstan, working in PwC is very prestigious, the salaries are considered good compared to the market, corporate culture is very professional, people are talented and have a high team spirit. However, the work there requires too much of personal time i.e. overtimes on weekdays and working on weekends/holidays is a norm in Kazakhstani offices. This was the main reason of my problems with health. I worked in PwC Kazakhstan for 5 years and really loved my work and people there, but after working in the industry I realized how much efforts and personal time the work in PwC took from me. Anyway I am thankful for such valuable professional experience as it really gave me strong professional development and knowledge which I use today. This is definitely a good work place for fresh graduates to start with who are ready to dedicate most of their time to work.
Pros
free late dinners and late taxis, can use medical leaves any time a day if really sick. People are smart, corporate culture is good, team spirit is high
Cons
overtime work, often work on weekend or during holidays. Deadlines are strict, some clients may be very stressful to work with
There's room for growth and constant learning, and people are so friendly and willing to help. There is clear career progression though it takes a while, if you want to be a partner be rest assured it will take you 16+ years, and that's only if you're a high performer.The organization is very organized, though everyone is overworked, but it is a good place to start a career.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
No work life balance.
Lack of leadership and necessary training. Not many opportunities to advance due to the lack of training and effort by management to apply feedback from staff about areas that may need improvement
Benefits
Cons
Management and leadership as a whole
Your team is there to support you and push you to advance. Everyone is very friendly and positive. Always working on new things and feeling challenged.
If you are liked, then you will do fine. If you have an opinion or ruffle feathers, then you won’t do well. Bizarre performance management techniques. You have to dress up here so find a good dry cleaner. One bump in the road and you are out.
Pros
Nice merch
Cons
Working with PwC is great except for the work-life balance during busy season. Busy seasons can range anywhere from 2-6 months for people, and mine have been about 5 months on average every year I've been with the firm. While I love the teams and clients I get to work with and the fast-paced nature of the job, the work-life balance during the five months of busy season can be extremely exhausting. PwC is a great place to start a career because the learning is invaluable, but it is definitely not for the faint of heart.
Cons
Work-life balance
Expect long hours and high stress. So much of your experience will depend on your clients and team. Auditing large public companies will give you the opportunity to learn quickly but burn out fast. Great to start your career.
Pros
Opportunities to work on interesting projects
Cons
Long hours, high stress
Love the people and the culture. You truly learn alot at PwC and you will work with some of the brightest in the business. Its what keeps you at pwc.
Pros
The culture
Cons
stressful work environment, hard to have work life balance, has very good flexibility though and easy to make friends who are the same or similar age as you
My internship was virtual so my experience is probably different. Everyone I met was so kind and wanted to make sure I never felt lost or alone. Assignments given to me were fairly easy, but sometimes they were so busy that they would be giving me assignments until late hours. The latest I had to work was 10 pm and I got paid overtime.
Pros
Nice coworkers, good experience, build relationship w clients
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment
Great projects and intersting work. However long hours, stressful client-boss interactions start to take a toll. Combine project work with internal development, it gets busy
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No WLB
I did a rotation internship at pwc as a second year business student and saw a bit of what was done in each department. I was always met with a warm welcome and encouraging colleagues.
Pros
Nice office, helpful colleagues, flexible hours
Cons
No free coffe
Tienen una pésima cultura como empresaSalarios bajosNo hay calidad de vidaEstructura organizacional con alto déficitY las personas que conforman la empresa tienen el mismo perfil básico y cero conciencia social.
Pros
Nada
Cons
Todo lo malo que puede existir en una mala empresa, no la recomendaría a nadie para trabajar.Son malos empleadores, sin respeto por la vida, sin calidad de vida.
  1. Employee Reviews