Publix

Publix Employee Reviews

Showing all 18,809 reviews

Productive company to work for

Great company,great benefits ,diverse environment,smiling faces,great customer service. What sets Publix from other grocers is the fact that they actually value you.

Pay every week

Great company to work for but the management is the issues… part time doesn’t get a lot of hours. But the benefits are good!!! Stock plan is excellent!!! Have to ask for hours to make a living

Great place to work if you don’t need high hours, other than that great place to learn and get good retail work experience. Management usually has your best interest in mind.

Decent job

The managers at Publix are either a hit or miss. Some will be very helpful and others will make you not want to come to work. The actual job is not bad but becomes very repetitive just like anything else. Your constantly moving and working which helps kill time faster.

Have a strong mental foundation

As long as you don't let the customers or staff drama get to you, it's a very nice job. The customers may be a problem at times, but as long as management keeps a high standard, things should work smoothly

It was a so and so experience

When you work at publix and you’re a minor regardless if you finished school or not they really don’t give you enough days and hours. They would give you at least 2 days a week to work

pretty decent

Not a bad place to work. Everyone was very understanding to me being pregnant at the time of working there and made sure I was comfortable and safe especially during covid.

Great place to work. But there’s a lot of work to be done

Hardly no days off, schedule made for an entire year, benefits are a good reasonable price, you get stock and is fully invested after 3 years of employment. It’s a great job , just have to be hardworking and dedicated!

Great benefits

Raises are not great! Getting promoted is very hard and seems to be based on favorites. If you like working with people it’s a good place to be. Can grow with company just hard to get promoted fairly.

Love it here!

Great company to work for. Great benefits for workers especially full time. Lots of incentives for employees and they really do seem to care even when they're frustrated. Will always recommend

Restock shelves

Good job for college students and young adults, good benefits and the coworkers are great people I just wish they gave us more hours they start at 20-30 then all of a sudden you down to 10-15.

Boring and tedious

Retail customers suck employees and management indifferent to doing a quality job work life balance is a lie you are expected to have full availability always

Awful treatment

One day I was singing along to the song "One Headlight" by the Wallflowers, which contains a verse that says "this place is always such a mess, sometimes I think I'd like to watch it burn." Some other employee ran to the managers saying that they thought that I was going to do it. So I got fired for singing along to a song.

Not a great place to work, especially those with disabilities

If you’re looking for a place that’s a good first job, easy to work up, pays fairly, has nice clientele that shows respect for employees, managers and coworkers that show equal opportunities, and is understandable for people with disabilities, this job isn’t for you! If you’re just starting out, the expectations for you are higher than it should be. With no experience, it can be difficult to know exactly how things work, and unfortunately this isn’t something that Publix is very lenient on. In regards to working up, managers pick favorites and give them the opportunity to work up. Publix is a place where you need to be extroverted and many employees who struggled to ask how a customers day was or even making eye contact found themselves getting a raise and even promoted simply by being the manager’s best friend!Baggers got paid the least but did way more work than cashiers. Baggers were not just responsible for bagging but for cleaning the store, bring back carts, and bring groceries up to the customers cars. Baggers also usually worked longer hours too. Cashiers only had one responsibility: man the cash register. They worked less hours and yet got paid more than a bagger working a full day.Clientele unfortunately has little respect for employees. They have a tendency to get angry towards workers and feel the need to be entitled to some handout just because they had to wait in line for 2 minutes when someone pulled up with a full cart, had to wait 5 minutes to have a hot meal prepared the moment they put an order in, or couldn’t use coupons that were expired over a year -

Interesting work

For the most part I like my work and I get to use some good tools. Management is okay. The work life balance is decent. I like my team members. The pay and growth opportunities are okay.

Great place

I live every minute working here and the growth was amazing . Everyone is helpful and wants to see you move up and amazing opportunities always happening

Pros

Traveling

Cons

Not much different than any other grocery chain.

I've worked at a few of these chains. They are pretty much all the same. Customers matter more than anything. Publix pays decently but will work you straight to the coffin if you are in management.

Great Place to Work

Great place to work with low stress. Not much potential for advancement but it brings the money in if you like working with people. Great for the teenagers or anyone looking for part-time work,

Good workplace, awful management

I had a great time at publix, but the management that I dealt with were not the responsible leaders you would expect them to be. They paid me well and I got great hours. Sadly, when it came down to dealing with the managers, I never had a good experience. They were passive aggressive and lazy, and were bothered by having to help downstairs when all they wanted to do what relax upstairs and watch the security cameras. If you get hired at a publix, talk to the employees there before applying to see what the environment is like. It’s different at every publix.

Horrible management and racist insights

Terrible. Was told when I first came to Jacksonville that Publix was the best place to work in the state! Quickly realized it was a lie. Management only wants to use you to make themselves look good. They hinder your growth by denying you cross training of your own choice rather than their desires.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

It's chicken 29 out of 31 days

Time consuming

Overall decent place to work, most managers usually get strict after first month but the pay sort of makes up for it I’ve worked there for a while and it’s pretty cool depending your department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Publix. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Publix
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?