PruittHealth

PruittHealth Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,579 reviews

It’s an “Okay” facility

Very disrespectful coworkers and understaffed most of the time. Sometimes you may feel like Management isn’t listening to your problems. The hardest part of the job is when a resident passes away but the best part of the job is when you and your coworkers work as a team (rarely).

Pros

Certain holiday parties are celebrated for the coworkers

Cons

Understaffed

Do not work here

Very short staff can’t keep workers no management at all. They want u to literally do everything and not be paid for it the nurses will sit at the desk and not move even if a resident needs their help they will not move

rewarding work while working with Veterans

I work at the North Carolina State Veterans Home - Pruitt Health. Every day I get to make the lives of Veterans better and that is the most rewarding thing anyone could do. Management is approachable and there to help you. I have learned a lot from my team.

Pros

free lunch, rewarding population

Cons

not many paid holidays

Everyone works as a team to get the job done.

Your day is what you make it as long as you get your assigned duties done, there should be no issues. Management can be overbearing at times and you could get burn-out really quickly. Policies are changing all the time so you have to keep up. Teamwork is important.

Pros

employee appreciation and great co-workers

Cons

pay, benefits, work/life balance, and technology

Poor management and critical staffing issues

I would NOT recommend this company. Staffing is EXTREMELY short to where dept heads (nurses) are given a cna assignments often. Nurse/pt ratio is 40-50+ residents. You are thrown into your assignments without proper training because of staffing issues. Current staff is not welcoming especially management. When requesting days off you are hounded and questioned why you are taking off and asked "cant u do this on the weekend". Pay is ok if you dont mind breaking your back for it. Building is absolutely filthy. If i could give this place a zero i would.

Not work it’s a family

I work for a hospice office. Our team is more like family. Everyone cares for everyone and jumps in to help one another when something comes up. All of the bosses are not just a boss but I can go and vent or discuss anything with them and feel like I’m talking to my best friend! I truly have the best bosses around!

Pros

Great work family

Cons

Benefits are meh

No support from administration staff. DON has an attitude problem and administration does not address staff concerns.

Find a better place to work. There are too many cons to list and it goes all the way up to corporate. They do not care about staff or residents only the money they have coming in

Pros

Decent pay and affordable benefits.

Cons

Short on staff, no support from administration, problems are ignored. Too many to list.

They are uncaring and have poor management.

Regarding patient care, money is the bottom line, not the patient's welfare. Not a good environment to work in. Little opportunity for advancement. Poor compensation and poor benefits.

Poor management backup for staff

Staff nurses not supported as compared to supervisors who went from working weekends 4-6 hrs to Mon-Fri 7 AM to 4-5 PM: a clique type of environment. Typical work day: 1 nurse for 28-30 patients with 22 of them long term and the rest rehab so there were two units to take care of. I learned to not stress out but it was not easy. Management was more into pleasing corporate than backing employees. Workplace culture :long hours, fair to decent pay. Hardest part of the job was being there. Enjoyable part of the job was giving your residents and their family members the best you had to give.

Pros

Can't think of anything

Cons

No 401K match AND Pruitt holds on to 401K for 3 yrs after you leave company, 1 holiday recognized, Pruitt keeps 40 PTO hours when you quit

May 5, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are continually seeking ways to help support our healthcare heroes in these unprecedented times; and incentive pay is one of the many initiatives at PruittHealth to help support you. We are truly Committed to Caring.

Family oriented, work life balance

I enjoy my job at PruittHealth. I have a background in recruitment, retention, education, & compliance. Joining PruittHealth has improved my skills & understanding to a higher level. I enjoy learning & putting into practice ways I can perform better as well as helping others to succeed.

April 28, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for all you do each and every day! We appreciate you sharing your experience as a member of the PruittHealth family. #FamilyMakesUsStronger

Stressful and underpaid

Their motto one family, our family, your family is a joke! This company does not care about you and everyone is viewed as disposable. The benefits are horrible, no 401K match, only paid holiday is Christmas, no breavement pay so GOD forbids a spouse dies and you have no PTO to get paid while grieving your loved one. Work/life balance is horrible. They ask so much of you but gives so little back in return. Run from this company!

April 28, 2022
Thank you for sharing and for all you do each and every day. Your insight will help us continue to make improvements in our company culture. We hear you. Our family, your family, ONE FAMILY. Committed to loving, giving, and caring. United in making a difference.

Needs improvement

This facility is out of date. Staff really does whatever they want. However I see them trying to make changes. I came because of bonus but I like it alot

Pros

The residents

Cons

Health insurance

April 28, 2022

Great place to work, caregivers really care for the patients.

Pruitt Health is a great place to work and has many employees that have worked there for 10+ years. You will work hard to provide the best care to patients, but it's worth it if you love being a caregiver. There are overtime opportunities in nursing because of the high turnover rate, leading to burnout if not managed. Overall, it's a great company.

April 28, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate all our healthcare heroes! #FamilyMakesUsStronger

Management is horrible

No team work and management is horrible. You feel like a number. No real benefits. Management shows a lot of favoritism. You feel like a number not an employee.

April 28, 2022
Thank you for your feedback and contribution to PruittHealth. We will continue to focus on career development and improving our workplace culture. Thank you for being part of our PruittHealth family.

Poor compensation and benefits

Working for this company is ok. No great benefits, horrible compensation. But I truly enjoy the team I work with and my clients. Also my manager allows some flexibility

April 28, 2022
Thank you for your support and contribution to PruittHealth. We continue to focus on career development and improving our workplace culture. PruittHealth recognizes the need for work-life balance. Your concerns with respect to paid time off will be shared with our team. Stay safe and healthy.Thank you for being part of our PruittHealth family.

Seriously understaffed, overworked and you will be doing more CNA work then therapy

Run away. Don't know where to start. As an OT you will be changing diapers all day and cleaning flooded beds as they often have one CNA per 50 patients. You will told to bathe patient's because the aides can't do it. You will be assigned to work in the pool which is gross because the patient's are showered after not before. You will see up to 16 patients a day. No kidding and most of it is aide work cleaning, the rest of it is doing insurance paperwork. Insane productivity not to mention the computers die all the time. This place is all about appearance and little about substance. Big time burn out

April 28, 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience as a member of the PruittHealth family. We truly are Committed to Caring, and your feedback will help us continue to make improvements in these areas. #FamilyMakesUsStronger

If your not in the click you get no where

Very problematic do not follow proper protocols. Unfair management and plays favorites. no training if at all. Very limited. If your not in the click or a minority they throw you under the bus. If you fight for patient rights they throw you under the bus. Kick you out as fast as they can.

April 28, 2022
Thank you for sharing and for all you do each and every day. This feedback will help us continue to make improvements in supporting our partners. PruittHealth is truly Committed to Caring. Our family, your family, ONE FAMILY.

Very sad place to work at as a CNA

They overwork you because they are always under staffed. Sometimes you come in to work and find out you are the only CNA working the whole night shift for the same pay.

April 28, 2022
Thank you for sharing and for all you do each and every day. Your insight will help us continue to make improvements in our systems and communications. PruittHealth is truly Committed to Caring.

Pretty good company

Poor pay, insurance sucks, co-workers are a little clique-y. A lot of questions go unanswered. PTO is a joke. My goodness is the insurance a joke!!!!!

April 28, 2022

Good pay and love my co-workers!

Management is poor! They only promote and hire friends/family! No room for growth or advancement. A lot of responsibility and patients vs Staff ratio. Do love my co-workers and am a strong advocate for my patients. They will admit the worst patients that every other nursing home will reject. A lot of 1st shift vs 3rd shift problems. (12 hrs). Big pay differences between nurse to nurse..CNA to CNA. Hard to get time off sometimes.

April 28, 2022
Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear about your positive experience. Our family, your family, ONE FAMILY. Committed to loving, giving, and caring. United in making a difference.

Productive.

Needs lots of improvement in every aspect. Should hold employees more accountable for their actions & be more concerned about the employees in every aspect.

April 28, 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PruittHealth. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• PruittHealth