Principal Financial Group

Principal Financial Group Employee Reviews for Financial Advisor

Financial Advisor14 reviews

Productive environment and goal orientation

It was a productive, goal oriented place. The Principal Financial Group is a fine place to work, it hasa a positive work environment and good support.

Strong history with emphasis on culture

Solid company with global presence in financial services. Core competency is Life Insurance with an emphasis on business owners and retirement plans after the Wells Fargo acquisition.

Pros

Autonomy

Cons

Not a full range of available investment options.

How you can help customers to have the best financial plan for their retirement

I was glad working for this company. They give very good service and they are coherent with the products they offer to the customers. This company is organized and the training that you receive is very complete

Pros

You lear a lot in the company and you can have a career there.

Cons

I think the benefits and salary could be better for the employees

Good flexibility and resources

In an advisor role, you have a very flexible work environment because you are essentially your own boss. Principal provides a nice array or resources in this model that will help you close business. They also provide a Statutory Employee structure which allows a W2 benefit model. This helps reduce tax liabilities for the self employed.

Pros

Good flexibility and sales resources

Cons

Not much financial runway when starting a new career.

Straight commission job,

Tough to get started at this industry, this job is not for the timid or lazy. this job will make or break you in 6 months or less. no mistaking this is a good company, I still have some business with them it just did not work for me.

Pros

youwoek when you want

Cons

May not make much

Awesome athmosphere, management super effective and opened to listen the employees.

I learned a lot with my managers, who provide the training needed to do this job. One of the aspects about this job that I appreciate is the fact that it is not mandatory that we are at the office everyday.

be ready to be chief cook and bottle washer

Definite lack of support growing and maintaining your business. Management is essentially the same as other organizations in this business, political and slow to respond.

Pros

be your own boss

Cons

lack of support

Very good company

Looking at other options. I have only been a financial advisor for 2 years. Prior to that i owned an allstate ins agency. The principal is a great company and i am happy here however i would like to see what other options are out there and possibly opportunity to be independent agent.

Enjoy working for Principal

Great work environment and the training is great. One of the best working environments I've had. Everyones willing to help and the companies been around for a very long time so its not going anywhere any time soon.

Good company.

Good management, products and services that focus on helping clients successfully navigate the retirement course.

advisor

it is up to you to learn and figure everything out. It isn't a job they will train you on.

great people

great people bad local management location marketing hr was great easy hiring process

Pros

freedom

Cons

freedom

Worked at a GA office not directly for company

Not applicable Office was a pleasant place to work Staff was good to work with

Pros

Not applicable

Cons

Not applicable

Productive workplace with great people to work with.

A typical day at work consists of cold calling as many people as you can. Management is very good and helps out as much as they can. The co-workers are friendly and nice. The hardest part of the job is getting clients and finding enough people to cold call. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get to meet with people. I learned an extreme amount about finance and the financial products that are available to people. I also learned a lot about the financial products through the series 6 and series 63 license tests I passed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Principal Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Principal Financial Group
  • Financial Advisor
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?