Principal Financial Group

Principal Financial Group Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative25 reviews

Good company to work for

Great benefits, good pay, ok training, work/life balance is pretty good, management sometimes engaged, working remote is great, bonus every year is decent

Unfair pay

The pay structure provided higher pay for people with no experience that were hired after people that I had been there and worked there way up the company. Completely unfair. Constant back to back calls with no breathing room. I honestly had such a bad experience with it all.

Run

Run away. They mislead you on the job postings and your job will drastically change when you get there. Rushed training and no one is there to help once you’re out of training. All they care about is people on the phones, but you’re not properly trained to help clients. They have 7 systems where you can find information. Super unorganized.

Pros

They need people more than you need them. So you won’t get fired!

Cons

No flexibility, treat you like a child, culture isn’t what it use to be.

Productive fast paced

Great company to work for, a lot of areas for growth. Everyone is kind and nice and willing to help if you don’t know something. Great work life balance

Unfair

They forced overtime, you have four chances the skip forced overtime, after that fourth chance you will get occurrences and written up. If you want to take time off you have to schedule it three or four months in advance. The management does not stand up for their employees. When you get ridiculed and demeaned on the phones you have to say thank you and take it you are not allowed to defend yourself in a nice way without getting written up. Because the job is remote oh, you do not talk to anybody. You have Microsoft teams but there are so many phone calls so much forced overtime but you never have time to talk to your team. You don't get to know the people that you work with. Your manager barely speaks to you, when they do have a one-on-one it's normally because of something that you did wrong.

Cons

Forced overtime, not being able to get time off work we needed

Great company in general

Great company in general. The department I work for is not so great. The work/life balance is not good considering I can never get any time off approved. The department likes to block off days so you cannot request.

It was okay to work there

I was the first class to work from home. The managers didn't really help much when questions arose, they were too busy doing other things and ended up leaving after 3 months because I was scared I would have been let go....a lot of the calls were stressful and questions did not get answered in a good amount of time

Absolutely a Great Place to Work!

This company was like a 2nd family to me during the 8 years I was employed there. They really do care about their employees, as well as their customers and the communities they reside in. If you have the chance to become an employee of The Principal Financial Group, I recommend you take that opportunity as quickly as possible! It truly is a Great Place to Work!

ok place to work

this is an ok place to work but management is very poor and the company philosophy is not that great. the PTO is fabulous and working downtown was a lot of fun

You really don’t want to know

Paid min wage for fast paced training with little to no support. Was hired as CSR and after a month offered trainee position with new software that didn’t work properly.

Pros

Paid weekly

Cons

6:30 am arrival to get proper support from Iowa

Excellent place to work

I enjoy working for this company. It feels more like a family than work. There is a lot of support and room for growth. We all work together as a team.

Stressful

This is the most stressful place I have ever worked and I was in the military during a time of war. They are not family oriented and will not hesitate to let you go. My department went thru 13 people in 1 month. You must bid for your shift every 2 months and you get what you get. Do not recommend.

Fun workplace

Workers were friendly and company would have parties, food days and games. Insurance was moderate. Parking was awful not allowing enough spaces or lots for all of it's people.

Pros

Extras like parties

Cons

Parking

Learning

Was very fast paced learning job. No wiggle room for hours what so ever you miss anything and they write you up. Management is not understanding of anything however pay is really good

Pros

Hours

Cons

Very strict no notice when contract is up

Poor Management

Other Peers were rude and not pleasant to work with. They would constantly tell on everything, Kiss butt to the upper management to get what they wanted.

Cons

If youre not a robot, then you wont fit in

these slave drivers dont care for you, they want numbers and make sure you know you are replaceable. working in grand island or a satellite office outside of Iowa expect to make 10-15% less than your on site Iowa counterparts. expect to find hundreds of life long career employees still working entry level jobs because there is no such thing as advancement here.

very busy office

good place to work but very stressfull, working hours change every 2 months. your direct supervisor may not be located in the city that you work in.

Good

unknown what to say, it was a good job, bid for hours were good, worked 8 hrs weekends off and some holidays off, busy end of year and 1st of year with quoting benefits

Cons

The workplace seemed to be unorganized. I asked my "supervisor" for help once and she referred me to someone else.

I once asked for a little more help or training to help me do my job better and was told someone would help me the following week. The next Monday, the agency through which I was assigned the job called me and Principal informed the agency that they were ending my assignment. I had asked for extra help, didn't get it and was let go.

Pros

Quiet atmosphere.

Cons

No one to help me when I requested it and I as let go.

great company

very nice company to work with, chance to advance, very friendly environment, easy learning tools, great benefits, independent working environment very minimal Supervision

Cedar Falls Management

Productivity is the main concern; little personal development; Micro-management; Metrics and numbers are what matters to management. If you like the metrics and production numbers, then this is a good position.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Principal Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Principal Financial Group