Principal Financial Group

Principal Financial Group Employee Reviews

Not enough training

I like the company overall.I do not like the amount of training. I barely had any training and am supposed to answer questions all day long. It's intimidating.

Stressful

Over worked with lack of training. Overtime is a most no training team. Have to relay on self training or stressed coworkers to get your job done. Poor management

Stressful and culture is beginning to deteriorate.

Worked for PFG of over 15 years. The company is evolving and not for the better. Culture is breaking down and Sr leadership seems disconnected from the work force. They tout work life balance but the pile of work never ends.

Buen ambiente de trabajo, salarios y prestaciones

La empresa ofrece prestaciones superiores a la ley y están ofreciendo esquema híbridoEs un lugar estable para hacer una carrera profesional

Used to be a wonderful culture

I worked for Principal for at least 15 years. Most of that time was fantastic! The people I worked closely with and my immediate bosses were wonderful people. But at the executive level it’s another story. When I left, the culture was deteriorating in a big way. Pay was cut in a big way. Bottom line is they stopped valuing their sales people. We brought in hundreds of millions in sales but they didn’t pay me enough to pay my mortgage in my last year.

Buena compensación salarial

En general es buena empresa por el salario y beneficios económicos, pero se maneja mucho estrés y el ambiente no es el mejor

Pros

Seguro de gastos médicos y seguro de vida

Cons

El trabajo es muy estresante y no se respeta el horario laboral

Productive and stressful

At least in call center, the typical day includes being on the phone or getting ready to take calls and not much room for anything else. If you like helping people and are okay with little flexibility this would work well. Though if you are just joining that's good since you will be paid $10,000+ more than people who migrated from WF. The work environment is cubicles and not much interaction, so it gets lonely and really no time to meet your coworkers and create friendships. Do not do this job if you have mental health issues because there's not much that will be done since the job requires little flexibility if at all. Management is good or at least team and managers above that it seems your just treated as a profit maker. Coworkers are nice though and want you to succeed.

Pros

Secure Jobs, helpful coworkers

Cons

Little flexibility, limited career advancement, treated as a number mostly

Large corporate feel

Overall, Principal has been a good place to work, great for entry level employees, they train employees well. Hard to advance; trend towards hiring externally vs. promoting from within.

Nice pay but management sucks

It pays great and you’ll enjoy working there at first. But then they start changing rules and accept you to accommodate right away. They expect you to wrap up calls in 1 minute and time you for everything you do. If you don’t meet their 90% average for adherence you will face multiple warnings. Doesn’t matter if you’re experiencing system issues and even have tech vouch for you.

Pros

Pay is good, nice bonuses

Cons

Management, stressful

Good

All in all Principal global services a subsidiary of Principal financial group is a good company to work with. Can try to be more flexible in terms of WFH.

Amazing place to work perhaps if you're full time

Contract staff doesn't get nearly the luxury as full time employees. It seems to get promoted you need to leave and then return for a new role to be acquired. Mid level management and upper management have a severe disconnect. I've witnessed 250 people leave in 6 months yet executives will still hold company wide meetings and paint a facade like everything is dandy

Ambiente de trabajo en equipo al 100.

Excelente empresa para trabajar, pero el sistema de pago y comisiones cambian constantemente.

Pros

Prestaciones superiores a la ley

Cons

Manejo de estres

Solid Place to Work

Overall I enjoyed my time working at Principal Financial Group. Being able to work from home was nice, and the biggest downside would be the sheer volume of calls.

There is plenty of training available, there is no cap to your income, and the back office does a good job. Culture was very dull/

It's fine. You're a captive agent, but at least Principal's products are good and mostly competitive in the mutual fund and disability arena, however, there are much better Life Insurance and Annuity products on the market

Middle management is not good

Company is slow to catch upon new technologies. Internal movements and promotion system is not very transparent.Prior to the pandemic management would never grant WFH .

Good job with good benefits

Principal is a good company to work for. They host many charity events including the Principal Charity Classic. They also host pride week and have a very inclusive atmosphere

Pros

Flexible remote work Great culture

Cons

Can be high stress and requires constant adaptability. (Not really a con)

Run, don’t walk

Sure the pay and benefits seem great, but when you’re glued to a phone you get overwhelmed. This company has micromanagement issues. I started to jump every time I got a phone call.

Pros

Pto

Cons

Literally everything

Buen ambiente de trabajo, capacitación pagada

Excelente empresa ,gana lo que trabajas y siempre te capacitan

Pros

Todas las prestaciones u seguros especiales

Cons

Muchos contactos con aforé arribas de $100, 00 que puedas pasar a Principal.

Don’t do it

They rush training and push you to get on the phones. There’s way too much for you to learn and you feel completely lost. There is little to no help, the managers don’t know anything and don’t assist. They’re only worried about making their reports and care nothing about your case load. I work on the 401(k) side as a CSA for bundled. Very high turnover rate

Pros

You won’t lose your job because they’re desperate for people

Cons

Excelente clima laboral y posibilidades de crecimiento

Principal destaca por su excelente clima laboral, capacitación periódica de los trabajadores, remuneración de mercado, empresa multicultural y posibilidad de proyección y crecimiento

Pros

Seguro de salud, beneficios, buen clima, crecimiento y cultura

Cons

A veces hay que hacer muchos cursos en tiempo acotado

I always worked remote here, talented and helping people work here

Few teams do work as a pair, and use Test driven development, both were new to me and the teammates helped me alot to get a hang of it and helped me whenever necessary and I worked my whole 1 and half year as a remote contractor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Principal Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Principal Financial Group