Principal Financial Group

Principal Financial Group Employee Reviews

Not enough training

I like the company overall.I do not like the amount of training. I barely had any training and am supposed to answer questions all day long. It's intimidating.

muy buena empresa

los gente en llamadas te trata mal, todas las llamadas son auditadas.hay muchas políticas y por lo mínimo puedes perder el trabajo

Pros

vales de despensa, seguro gastos médicos mayores

Cons

si tienes mas de 2 hijos no puedes seguir en la empresa

Exelente empresa

Es una exelente empresa para desarrollarte exelente sueldo exelente tiempo con kz familia y reto de treabajo constante

Pros

Gastos medicos mayores

They tried but sometime missed the mark

Overall it was a good experience, but there were a lot of things that could be worked on.I think working in the main headquarters would have been great, but their other branches just weren't very good.

Great place to learn the business but work life balance is rough

This is a great company for just starting in the business. I started in insurance and went to securities later. There may be work from home, but that depends on your department and manager. The metrics tracking is brutal. Would not recommend for people who want to advise and not educate clients.

Pros

work from home for some, onsite gym, good benefits

Cons

micro management, work from home taken away without warning

Caring management

Great culture. Managers are great at their roles in addition to being down to earth people. They care about your success and future with the company. If you’re looking for growth this is your place to be.

Pros

Cons

N/a

Training program sucks.

Leaves you feeling unprepared. Decent pay that comes with a ton of stress. Trainers are just that, trainers. I feel the level of financial literacy required to feel confident here needs a real teacher.

Es una empresa en donde se maneja un alto nivel de tensión

Hay muy buena capacitación, la empresa te brinda los materiales, etc...

Excelente ambiente de trabajo

Excelente empresa, manejando nuestros propios horarios para la prospección de clientes.

Ambiente laboral muy tenso

No liquidan a sus trabajadores solo losndespiden y ademas no pagan sus último salario no nada

Pros

Prestaciones denleu

Cons

Si ellos deciden despedirte te despiden sin previo aviso y no te pagan ni tus comisiones

After working there for 25+ years the relationships with co-workers throughout the company are awesome and feel like family.

After the company became public, the shareholders became much more important than the employees. Do more with less & job stress increased dramatically. Managers are not as available to their teams because of so many meetings.

Awesome place to work

Awesome co-workers and work life balance. Unlimited PTO has been great. The only thing that needs addressed is compensation. They are below market. Overall a good place to start

Unfair pay

The pay structure provided higher pay for people with no experience that were hired after people that I had been there and worked there way up the company. Completely unfair. Constant back to back calls with no breathing room. I honestly had such a bad experience with it all.

Good place to work at with convenient amenities

I loved working here! The building is interconnected, so you rarely have to step outside to get to where you need to go. The people are nice, and you feel like you're working for a big, modern company. I appreciate the amenities such as a food court and multiple vending machines in convenient locations. I also appreciate the fact that your ID card doubles as a DART bus pass, so you don't have to spend money on that.

Pros

Modern amenities and friendly co-workers

Cons

Difficult to be directly hired by the company

Very old school life insurance company

Make no mistake, this is a life insurance and an annuity company. Management pressures you into not doing what is best for your clients as a financial advisor. In the Denver branch, advisors that controlled 90% of the assets managed left in a 6 month period due to management.

Ambiente competitivo y atención al detalle (perfeccionista)

Es una empresa tradicional, muy compleja y jerárquica. Con mucha atención al detalle, que en ocasiones la hace lenta. Les gusta retrabajar y tomar pocos riesgos. Empresa enfocada en los procesos y resultados. Son 4tos o 5tos en el mercado mexicano, es una empresa internacional con competidores locales, lo.que pone mucho estres porque no se miden igual y cuesta trabajo que corporatibo entienda la dificultad territorial de México.

Excelente ambiente de trabajo

Una empresa muy estable y de las Afores me pareció de las mejores lo que más me gustó fue el ambiente de trabajo.Muy puntual con el pago de las comisionesEl único inconveniente es que como casi toda empresa se vio afectada por lo de la pandemia y tuvieron que parar actividades por unos meses lo cual provocó que perdiéramos muchos clientes y por consecuencia quedarnos sin empleo.

Good work

Nice company to work for with a lot of different areas to move to after you get your foot in the door. A lot of remote positions so flexibility is good.

Awesome flexibility with questionable career growth policies

My role at Principal offers me amazing flexibility. My manager and team are not too concerned with time off or what time of day I start - but concerned whether or not the work is moving. IT culture is great and most folks are willing to help you out if you reach out to them.Recently I was offered an internal "promotion" to a different team. Unfortunately, Principal has a policy in place that does not allow you to move to a new role and get the higher pay grade the job was posted at. All internal transfers must be horizontal in terms of pay grade. Now, the workaround for this is to get your current manager to bump you to the higher grade of the role you're moving to. But that may be easier said than done. The policy is in place to avoid internal poaching, but definitely does not incentivize employees to stay with Principal. The midwest pay scales are quite lower than equivalent roles on the coasts (even remote roles).

Overall Good place to work if you do well working on your own.

Overall good company - recent corporate restructuring caused some morale issues but goals still met - very knowledgeable team members, just not very collaborative as one large team. Compensation is comparable to other companies - benefits could use improvement.

Pros

Work/Life balance freedom and flexibility

Cons

Lack of cohesiveness within the entire team.

Management is awful!! They are rude and will lie to your face. They say very inappropriate and down right awful things to people. Reviews and raises are a joke. They make up things in reviews that are not even true and refuse to give examples or explain.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Principal Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Principal Financial Group