Principal Financial Group

Principal Financial Group Employee Reviews

Not enough training

I like the company overall.I do not like the amount of training. I barely had any training and am supposed to answer questions all day long. It's intimidating.

BUEN AMBIENTE DE TRABAJO, MALOS HORARIOS

Horarios muy demandantes, poco crecimiento, buenas prestaciones

Pros

seguro gastos medicos, seguro de auto, vales

Cons

tiempo de trabajo, carga de trabajo

Management Sucks

Most managers are always looking for ways to fire others. Fortune 500 to them and on stock market means fire not help others. They are in it for the money and very tight with their money. Raises are barely cost of living if your lucky.

Pros

Where I live now work from home

Cons

Management and raises suck

Ambiente de trabajo agradable, personas altamentecomprpmetidas a resultados.

Una gran financiera con calidad y con capacitaciones constantes.

Pros

Pagos puntuales

Decent

I enjoyed my team that I started with. But our leader was just okay. The benefits are really great, and I do miss those! I was misled about amount of overtime that there was. But other than that it was just a decent job.

Compensation below average, decent company

Principal isn't a bad company to work for; there is high turnover due to low compensation and other opportunities. Management are implanted without prior knowledge and cannot be a resource for employees.

Job is stressful but fun if you like challenge

if you don’t care much about vacations this is for you. I enjoyed working at this office because the workload was manageable to me and management team was always open to suggestions if you are a hard worker you’ll love this position

What is the best part of working at the company?Wonderful leadership and mentorship What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Nothing really, loved the job!What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Remote customer service part timeWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Logged on my computer at 10 am took calls until 230

trabajo en exceso

jornadas de trabajo extensas y mucha presión.además los sistemas que utilizan son muy confusos

What is the best part of working at the company?I did not have a good experience. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?I didn't feel I could make suggestions for improvement.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Employees didn't feel valued.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Intense and stressful

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Principal Financial Group?

Carso

Muy buena empresa excelentes gerentes buenas prestacionesExcelente ambiente de trabajo Muy recomendable para laborarTienen sucursales muy céntricas y te otorgan todo ko necesario para laborar

Used to have a great culture

Principal used to have a great culture where you felt you mattered and you were appreciated. That has slowly eroded to the point where you feel like just an 'asset' or a number. It used to be a great place to work but now it's just a job.

Disorganized Company

Great pay, but the job is so boring I don’t know if it’s worth it sometimes. Sometimes I feel like I’m in a dead end job. Principal does not take care of their good employees

Ridiculous Expectations

Ridiculous Expectations. Each software engineer needs to have the equivalent skill set of an entire team so the pay is not really not that great considering their expectations, regardless of your role or level. Plus they keep cutting benefits. The "culture" and commitment to work-life balance is just marketing.

Amazing WLB, easy job

Pros:- Friendly culture- People take FTO seriously and Fridays are basically always off- They're working to improve the tech stack in certain derpartments- Stable job since they're bleeding top talent- PensionCons:- Pay is way below market average- 8% 401k match- Slow, outdated tech- Low raises

Great place to learn about investing and benefit events. Advance your career.

Great support and ecouragment to work remote. excellent pay and benefits. Great culture and encourages growth and development of their employees. Ie. outside training and growth with CFP or other designations

Pros

Remote

Outrageous expectations in a short time

I was one of the those picked up from Wells Fargo when the business was sold to Principal. The job itself is such that someone would need at least 2 years of training/development to get up to a decent level and we were given 5 weeks of extremely accelerated training and expected to be up to speed within months, which is my I and nearly everyone I went there with in my unit has since left the company. I'm sure other divisions of the company are better but this one for me was terrible.

Pros

Nice facilities, decent benefits

Cons

Far too high expectations, clueless management who didn't know how to do the work themselves, not nearly enough help available to learn our jobs.

Solid company. Has nothing to say bad

Amazing people, amazing leaders, amazing benefit. Nothing bad to say. Leaders are promising. The management is very employee friendly. They have gym.

Pros

Everything is a plus

Good company

I've worked at principal 12 years and I'm happy with where I am. There can be some issues based on the department you work in. It can have a need for a lot of overtime in both processing and service side.

Mala dirección

Aprendí que a las personas no se les debe discriminar y mal tratar

Pros

Marca global

Cons

cultura

Great Company and Outstanding Culture

Principal is a fantastic company to intern at. The culture is incredibly open, and as an intern, you have the unheard-of benefit of having facetime with senior leaders, including c-level executives! The projects you can take on is actually exciting work; even as an intern, you're able to create value and impact. There is an excellent support system, and the mentorship is second to none. Work styles differ by team; my team, in particular, centered around several "challenge statements" that I could go ahead and tackle myself. Compensation is around the middle of the pack, from my experience. I had a high $20's hourly rate and housing stipend. It should be noted that the intern cohort is pretty big, and there wasn't a ton of programming/events outside of work; meeting other interns is on your own for the most part.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Principal Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Principal Financial Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?