PetSmart Employee Reviews

Found 13,258 reviews matching the searchSee all 13,261 reviews

Fun work environment in Grooming Salon, but is busy all the time. Can be stressful. Not much help from management.

I was employed for 13 yrs. with PetSmart. I loved my co-workers, my clients and my dogs! Only negative is no support from management. They promise to help you out, but don't. No discipline for people who do wrong, weekly.

Pros

Good benefits, good pay

Cons

No breaks, too busy...No extra help from managers..always short staffed.

Love the dogs but management is not good at all

I worked at the Petshotel and was often told to communicate if there was anything that needs change or if stuff was ever missed or wrong, whenever I did that I was shut down, told I was wrong, or I got snapped at. I genuinely didn’t mind the actual job and I like most of my coworkers but the managers made it miserable to work here. I also at one point was hardly getting any breaks if any at all and was made to feel bad if I asked for one. They also could rarely keep people and didn’t like to hire new people so you get the short end of the stick when 4/7 days you’re just understaffed and told to work harder.

Pros

Coworkers, the store discount

Cons

Management can make or break a team

I went through several store managers during my time with petsmart, my first few were amazing and even though the workload sucked they were the reason I kept working hard and stayed. I could not say the same about my last manager. The company also gave us less and less hours every year and more work so it made it difficult to get everything they wanted done. The discount was nice.

Great Job for College Students

A great place to work if you are a part-time college student. The pay is minimum wage and sometimes the hours are not consistent, otherwise fun job with nice co-workers.

Barely any hours, hires way to many part time, great if you really love animals

They hire so many part time people to fill the schedule that some days youll only work 2 hours, and some weeks are less than 20 hrs, good as a second job but not primary, also fun if you love animals

Drama Filled Workplace

Surrounded by adults that act like they are stuck in highschool. They talk negatively about clients after they leave the room and the workplace is insanely dirty. It's very obvious that they don't thoroughly clean the left over pet hair that is caked all over every cleaning product in the workplace.

Great place to work!

My favourite part about working here was getting to pet so many cute dogs. Fairly supportive work environment. Managers or supervisors are always on the floor or available for any questions.

Work was great but Hostile Work Environment

I had a great time grooming the dogs. Unfortunately, some of my coworkers were not helpful, and one even called me out of my name (b word). Overall, not a good place for mental health due to management not stepping in appropriately to fix the work environment.

Great opportunities for growth

Petsmart grooming salon allows you to challenge yourself, build a clientele, and become a groomer after their 4 week academy + in house training. Love it!

Good career builder

Good company to work for but they will burn you out. In this position you get paid well but you will never be able to keep up with all the corporate demands and changes.

Corporation who no longer cares anything about their employees

Since the company was sold to the consortium of BC Partners, it has steadily become a terrible place to work. There is no true care for associates. Raises are basically nonexistent and they will buy the staff pizza once in a blue moon and expect that to be sufficient. No Christmas gifts or bonuses. They will start you at a decent rate but do not expect to get more than a .25 raise.

A fun place to work seeing all the dogs and animals :-)

A typical day at Petsmart would be selling merchandise stocking and organizing shelves helping customers. Balancing shifts. Etc. The hardest part of the job is when a customer disagrees on some thing and I have to handle it the right way or speak with a manager if necessary.

Awesome values , great environment , opportunities for everyone to advance

Pet smart is an outstanding company who does all it can to support its customers and associates . PetSmart has excellent core values that drive the company’s focus and activities always putting the needs of the associates first. I am proud to be part of this wonderful company and respect Pet Smart for all it has done for me and for my team. Thank you Pet Smart for honoring your commitment to your customers and pets and pet parents and associates! It is an honor and a privilege to work for you .

Pros

Great environment, values individual growth and development, great pay, passionate for pets and pet parents and its associates, career advancement and opportunities, open door environment, work life balance, benefits, time off

Cons

Positive always

Interesting, never boring..

The culture at Petsmart is so dramatic. You’d think people would have something else to fight for like better working conditions or decent pay. Nope, most people are inside themselves, they argue about bs with their coworkers. Things that don’t even actually matter. If they aren’t arguing they are just emotionally taxing everyone around them. It’s a great place to learn but not the best place to stay. Though that’s just my experience, I hope it’s not common but I’ve been at a few locations and nothing changes but the faces.

Pros

Academy - Groom training

meh

It's neither good or bad kinda meh, but the compensation was reasonable. Do not work here if you do not like cleaning up after or taking care of animals.

A good company ruined by a private equity firm

Petsmart was a really fun place to work years ago but years of a private equity firm tightening the budget has lead to a very stressful job and worsening pet care standards

Great team

I work in Petsmart Langford and the work environment its great, the store leaders are sweet, caring and understanding. Great place to work. I strongly recomend it.

Fun and inclusive place to work

What is the best part of working at the company?My coworkers are the best part of petsmart. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?We don’t make a livable wage nor do we get enough hours to support minimum wage. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Overall it’s very supportive at the store I work for. It’s inclusive and understanding and very friendly. What is a typical day like for you at the company?A few rushes here and there but overall pretty slow.

Overall it was a great place to work. They need to understand how toxic leaders are a cancer and won’t reach your full potential until they are gone.

What is the best part of working at the company?Benefits for full time membersWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Dealing with toxic people that have been there for longer than 15 yearsWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?The teamwork was good with the exception of a few peopleWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?I was the merchandise and inventory leader so I would maintain stocked shelves and unload trucks.

Great if you have a strong passion for dogs

Great place. Has its dangers too since you work with dogs. Not a place to be if you “just want to get paid” and don’t care about the animals. Wish they had better techniques to keep you and the dog safe

Nice

Love it! Very fun to work at! Flexible hours! Would recommend if looking for a part or full time job! Also educating yourself about different animals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PetSmart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• PetSmart
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?