Petrofac

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

Found 80 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,052 reviews

Productive and Safety Minded

Working with Petrofac is good for as long as you know how to work with different people with different nationalities. The pay is good and always paid on time, the Bosses are usually British, Canadian, Australian and Lebanese.

Work hard for very little recognition appreciation, financially and morally

Work hard for very little recognition appreciation, financially and morally.Attention and raises are mainly favoritized , if your line manager likes you, you will grow in the company if not you will stay with same pay/ grade over the years.Salaries are low for younger crowd. It is a comapny full of managers only and rest below them are not treated in a way where they will evolve or get salary increments so on.

Good company

Overall good company but the growth is very minimal. You need to beg for good increments. It is like a retirement kind of a company where the work is less and pay is also less.

Pros

Less stress

Cons

Repetitive work

Conducive for learning

Very competitive and result oriented work place;Working hours are long;Salary and benefits are good;Cultural activities are frequent;Multi-cultural work environment

The work is challenging and compensation very good.

I have 1 day off every week, the company give siminars to all employee and we enjoy leisure trip once in every month with 80/18 vacation cycle with free round trip tickets from my point of origin.

Pros

Leisure Trip once in every month.

Cons

Health Insurnce coverage for all employees.

Very professional work environment and one of the best companies in the UAE to work with.

Petrofac is a high profile MN-EPC oil&gas facilities management company head quartered in the UAE. Their packages are very attractive and facilities provided at site are exceptional. Management is mostly Lebanese and Indians. But the company has a great standard and a quality work environment. Salary always on time. ❤️

it was a nice place to work i was there from 2011 to 2017

The teams i've been with are very professional and i had the opportunity to be lead HSE for a couple of projects. Most of the management team was nice. Work was not that difficult although a lot of pressure was there but the good part is we were properly compensated.

Pros

hardship allowance short rotations food allowance if assigned in city

Cons

no job security you may find that one day you are their golden boy, then they kick you out the next day when you are of no use

Stressful Work

The pressure created by the middle management is tremendous. No work life balance. You can be called at any time even during holidays. Never ending meetings. The meetings could go for hours.

Pros

Flexible working time. Reputed Company. Good pay if you know how to negotiate.

Cons

Long working hours. Never ending meetings.

good skills learned but lots of life wasted

best to be in construction or procurement. Engineering is generally not cared for that much and is too stressful for the average benefits you get. Good luck

Good Working Experience

Full days are busy with good work. Good working Experience with Petrofac. Management have good focus to sustain in oil and gas market with good Quality.

productive and fun workplace

“Excellent work-life balance with top-notch benefits. The management team really seems to care about their employees. You may have to work late/from home sometimes when the company needs you to, but that is balanced with the ability to work from home when YOU need to; its a fair trade.”

Good Enviornment to work

I worked at Petrofac full-time for more than 5 years.Good work enviorment and good mangement.Always getting support senior persons and management.So we can work for long term

Current management is having short term view of business, leading to job insecurity

Extended work hours are promoted and work towards week ends is quite normal. Work life balance is really bad. Real office politics from top to bottom.

Pros

Medical coverage policy is good

Average

Its a subsidary of petrofac and salary is not that much great. People are less motivated and work load is severe. Managemnet is not supportive and interested n completion of work at any means

Nice working in this Petrofac Emirates

Its was good experience in Petrofac Emirates,I have working in Sharjah Design Office and Abuadhbi Site,Good in both work and I have learned lot in Site

Pros

free lunch and accondation

Cons

Salary lesser some what manged

good working atmosphere

Good company & Management, nice working atmosphere, good facilities & benefits along with family status ( family visa, family medical & yearly air ticket) ..

Pros

normal

Cons

normal

Strong Experience but without career progression or advancement

I joined Petrofac under the Graduate Program but there was little to no following up on the huge number of graduates they take every year. The graduates ind themselves lost without any clear career plan within the company, no training or following up later on. Punch-in / timesheet / clock-in system is outdated and does not help employees to perform well and make them always under stress. Benefits are average and the annual increments do not reflect the actual inflation rate. At least half of the annual bonus is company shares and you can't sell them before 3 years, if you resign before hand you totally lose these shares. There is no work-life balance and nobody appreciates this, if you don't overstay your 10 hr/day normal business hours you are considered as a bad employee. Managers do not respect your weekends and normal family commitments.

Pros

Health Insurance, Exposure and eperience

Cons

Timesheet, salaries, work-life blanace

Excellent Company

We are a leading international service provider to the oil and gas production and processing industry. We help our clients unlock the full value of their energy assets. Over the past 37 years, we’ve built a strong reputation for commitment, delivery and operational excellence. We have a diverse client portfolio which includes many of the world’s leading integrated, independent and national oil and gas companies. We provide our clients with a range of services and capabilities that are recognised as consistently high quality. We do this through a range of innovative commercial models which allow us to tailor our services to the needs of each client. From the moment we decide to bid on a project, the discipline begins. We identify risks from the outset, ensure a clear understanding of project complexity, and maintain our risk management rigour each step of the way. For us, operational excellence is about constantly questioning what we do, and how we do it, in order to drive continuous improvement and maintain our competitive edge. In particular, our engineers have found new ways to take cost and complexity out of our projects by driving value engineering: using new construction techniques, challenging conventional wisdom, and making better use of automation – while still delivering on client demands for quality and certainty.

Pros

Excellent benefits to all employees

Cons

A great place to start but not to end in.

i'll address points based on the ratings i gave. Job/Life Balance. its expected that people put in extra hours daily, to come to work on weekends - if skilled- to do other peoples jobs if they are backlogged. leaving personal issues very little room in your life. Salary/Benefits. starting at PIL is great if you are a fresh graduate. Salaries are fair and Bonuses are great. however growth is very slow. 10 years in you will find yourself struggling especially since promotion from within is very limited. Job Security/ Advancement. this is a unique thing. throughout my tenure there the process was if your boss got promoted and you were in good terms with him/her. chances are so will you. it was not based on your performance or appraisals. Management. you probably heard that employees leave managers and not organizations. to a certain extent that is true. if like me you had a reasonable boss who understands that his employees are human and will on occasion require some time to resolve domestic issues you will be happy and give 110%. if not your performance will go down, stress and strain will drive you down and combined with the aforementioned factors you will find yourself without purpose and resign your soul to depression. Job Culture. in one word none existent. people will do their own thing. there is no cohesion between teams that are supposed to work together. each department is too concerned with meeting their KPIs than the overall output. each team is too concerned with moving work from them to others even if its not ready to proceed to others.

Good company and great colleagues

Diverse environment with great learnings. They promote work life balance and priorities interna employees in case of vacancy is to be filled in within the group.

Pros

Good working enviroment

Cons

Minimal salary increase

Review

Enjoyed working until 2012. I have learnt how to supervise more effectively and my HOD supported me all the way. The hardest part is to execute the big jobs more than billons.

Pros

good salary, medical, family status, yearly bonus

Cons

no as such

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Petrofac. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Petrofac
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?