One & Only Royal Mirage

One & Only Royal Mirage Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates30 reviews

Carrier

My name is Harson.I was working in One and Only Royal mirage Dubai before,since 2006-2008. I like to apply for the next level in menagement if the company give me a change to get it.Until this year I have some experiences good positon/level.I like to apply for position Chief or ass.Chief Stewarding if available. Thanks for the change to me.

Very Different approach compared to other hotels

Overall a great company to work for. Relaxed yet very professional. Great operational and product quality & standards. however great improvement to salary, benefits and work / life balance required.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Salary, benefits & work / life balance

Learning & Fun @ work place

When i started working @ One&Only Royal Mirage it was a challenging time in the begaining & to learn. It is the best place for freshers to grow & develop the knowledge. Hotel gives all the career opportunities to all the staff who is doing traning. I love my working place but i need to move from here to learn more for my career growth.

Pros

Free accomodation & food allowance

Cons

Working hour is little long, some days we have to work for more than 9 to 10 hours .

not great

It was very stressful and hard to work for this company, no one was interested in our professional growth and improvement. Long hours, poor meal and accommodation, ridiculous low pay.

Good Job

I have been working in palce pool and doing my job every day with my team.it is a nice hotel and nice background to work and learn more thing.that is the best

caring and staff orientation

one the best resort I have worked for, always kept us sharp attentive highly motivated, aware of whats going on in Dubai and UAE in general to identify potential improvement in the hospitality sector

Pros

speciality

Cons

fair

This hotel very good

This hotel very good place.im wok this company very like, company people take your staff very well, everything good.i wants to work for this hotel again

A place to learn alot of new things

one n only was an exciting and productive place for me since it was my new place of hospitality in dubai . I worked in a private dining room mostly frequented by celebrities and public figures . I learned alot about fine dining and french cuisine which i had no experience about . work place culture was about team playing and being discreet since we were dealing with celebrities and public figures . Hardest part was dealing with our vip guests because they were incognito and had alot of special requests ' most enjoyable part of working their was meeting celebrities .

Pros

staff dinners and gala nights

Cons

once in a while

Great place to start your career but offers very little benefits

The company is great for those who are fresh graduates and just starting their career. A good training ground and stepping stone as the brand is widely known and one of the best in the world. However, there is not much opportunity for growth and career advancement. Salary is also very low and benefits are not competitive. The accommodation and food is not really ideal. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to put creativity in everything that I do. I am always empowered and I can be as proactive as I want. I have met people who have positively impacted my life. I have learned a lot of things which I will always be thankful for. The downside, though, is that however hard you work here, there is not much recognition from the management and there is still discrimination of race (White people are hired often instead of promoting existing hardworking non-white employees).

Good experience

Good place to work Experience lots of things Good managers The Resort is a good one. They show good things and teach you new challenge. Different nationalities this is a good one

Pros

Facilities

Cons

Food

Productive and Knowledge

Which is famous hotel in the world. I got lot of productive Knowledge from here to improve my career. I am seeking new challenges in my careers to achieve my goals..........

It's a good company

I really like this company. But now time to move. Because I have finished already three and half year. A change is good for my future But I never forget this company because One&Only given me the first job in abroad

Nice to work in one& only royal mirage as a fresher.

Hello. This is a nice hotel/ company to work. You get a chance to work under experienced chefs. Very Nice, if worked here as a fresher. One & only royal mirage is situated in 1 km area.

Pros

Free lunches in hotel & accomodation.

The place to start.

I worked two years in One & Only Royal Mirage, Dubai.I really enjoyed working with the most exclusive resort in Dubai. Work culture is good. The biggest minus point was there accommodation, in that small tiny room they put 4 people to stay. The other hotel's accommodation, giving one room for 2 person and living room also. The salary as well is matter of concern there as it's very low. Rules about the service charge is not acceptable. Over all it was good experience while working with One & Only Royal Mirage.

Seeking for a challenging position where I would be part of a highly competitive and oriented team. That will allow me to grow professionally and pers

• Meeting requirements of delegation through making and passing along messages • Comprehensive knowledge of handling all aspects of front desk activities • Operating office equipment and knowledge of basic computer applications including Microsoft Word, Power point, Excel, Outlook and Internet search engines • Possessing enhanced interpersonal, management communication and problem solving skills • Monitoring and supervising the activities of various departments including housekeeping and maintenance to ensure guest needs are fulfilled immaculately • Developing up-selling skills by marketing the different outlets and hotel facilities • Able to handle pressure and meet assigned responsibilities prior to given deadlines. • Punctual and maintain a professional appearance and adhere to uniform policy • Take orders for food and alcohol and if require assist with kitchen duties • Providing impeccable customer care, exceeding guest expectations and making their stay memorable. • Responsible of room’s inspection prior to VIP arrival as per hotel’s standard of procedures • Rooms amenities and set up for special celebrations (Honeymoons, birthdays, anniversary) • Escorting and ensuring of smooth guest check-in, formalities, luggage follow up • Providing Guest with accurate information with regards to the hotel and local activities • Personal assistance and care of guest’s requests and needs • Deliver excellent customer service at all times • Update the shift diary during and at the end of shift detailing all important activities carried out • Maintain and display -

Pros

positive team player with an excellent & good adaptability

Cons

proven commitment to providing superior service

Good work place to learn good things

supportive and helpful management.just started as cashier and grown up as a income auditor.the most interest part is time oriented jobs, really like to work like that. new new reports interesting. solving issues from reports and verifying.

productive and fun workplace with good team members

when there is NO guest its so boring to work. I was able to attended for fire fighting/pediatric training / baby sitting training and I learned some new challenges, how to behave in a emergency situation. I am very happy with my mangers and other team members and been complimented by your supervisor or co-workers and Developed strong relationships with managers and staff sometimes its very difficult to deal with some guest who doesn't understand English I Love the summer quiz time in august. And also when the hotel get busy and when you can see guest every where.

working on deadlines,rush hours,minimum man power,techniques,trainings

Truly a magnificent 5 star hotel where i gained lot of experience,training,career growth and to work with different kind of people with different attitudes.

Pros

food, medical, transport

Cons

8 9 10 hrs

Excellent training for customer service skills

For almost four years working in One&Only Royal Mirage, I have learned a lot of things that help me to develop my skills in providing the best service for the guests.

Pros

Free accommodation and bus shuttle service

Cons

Appraisal & Assessment taking so much time

Training

Departmental Training : It is one of the outstanding training what I received in my entire career. This segment made me thing from trainee side and benefited many thing for me .

Luxury Hotel & Resorts

Very good place for leisure travelers and even business travelers. Very good Security and Privacy for the guest. Exceeded 5 star hospitality service standards

Ask a question about working or interviewing at One & Only Royal Mirage. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

One & Only Royal Mirage Reviews by Location