Novant Health

Novant Health Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,840 reviews

Novant health

My day consisted of interacting with patient, patient registration, verification of ins, learned to remain positive in any situation, management was good, co workers were great, the hardest part of my job was talking with patients with life threatening illness, I enjoyed working with people and meeting the expectations of the company.

Diversity and inclusion issues

I enjoyed working for the company but it is the other nurses you have to watch for. The job was full of bullies. Management has its favoritism issues one nurse that works on 6f on the night shift made a lot of nurses resign but still have her job.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

Favoritism, bullies, racism

Family oriented work environment

Novant is a great company who supports and provide a stable work environment. Awesome benefits and highly recommended. That is all! Thank you! And have a great day!

N/a

Truly great place to work. Great coworkers. Management is good. They really care about you. The patientd ate good. Great hospital over all. I would recommeded to anyone

Plenty of room for advancement!! Flexible schedule, good benefits plan. Supportive about continuing education. Occasionally receive bonus across Novant footprint.

Horrible Management

Training and Management was was nonexistent. The worst job experience of my career. Very toxic environment. Amount of calls received was unrealistic for amount of employees in scheduling. If any issue was brought to attention of managers you were treated with hostility. Lots of unprofessional people working there.

May 9, 2022
We’re sorry to hear this has been your personal experience at Novant Health as it does not embody our mission, vision and values. We would like to know more and encourage you to reach out to Careers@NovantHealth.org to discuss. You can even contact us through the Alert Line if you would wish to remain anonymous by calling 1-800-350-0094

Great place to work!

Novant is a large hospital system with many opportunities for advancement. Laboratory management seems to really care about their staff and it shows.

Terrible pay, good benefits. Depends on your goals for working here

Decent place to work. Poor training of clinical staff. Most quit within 90 days. Disrespectful pay for Master level degree. Like any other company you will constantly work short staffed with promises never fulfilled of hiring (they are always "hiring") then you take on more job responsibilities to be a "team player" without extra pay. They are in urgent need of therapist but do not concentrate on employee retention.

Productive and innovative place to work

I think Novant Health is a great place to work for. There are tons of innovative projects to work on and you feel supported by the leadership team most of the time. I learn something new everyday related to management, human resources, and clinical practice within and outside of my department. The most enjoyable part is working with collaborative, innovative, and down to earth people.

May 9, 2022
Thank you for your review. We strive to support our team members in all aspects of their professional development. We appreciate you!

Great company

Novant is a great company to work for. Benefits are excellent and I feel like I belong. There are a lot of opportunities for growth and advancement. Novant as an organization is amazing! You have to network and get to know people to market yourself to level up.

Awesome place to work.

Good pay and life balance. Great supervisor and awesome teamwork environment. A good place to advance and learn new skills. I would recommend this place for employment.

Pros

Pay and benefits are good.

May 9, 2022
Thank you for being a part of our remarkable team! We appreciate your review.

Dun

Okay company if yo find you place. Minimal pay depending on experience. Good people on team and abs people on team. All about what you put in is what you get out.

Horrible place to work.

Please, please consider another healthcare system if you are ill. Non-clinical employees are treated like pond scum. The clinical staff turnover is so frequent, you will never get the care you need. Doctors walk around with god complexes and the admin staff have zero training in healthcare ad are worried more about their “look” than they are about practicing good medicine.

Pros

Cons

Poor treatment, no chance for advancement, toxic work environment.

Good Employer, compensated fairly

Great company, other employees were nice and helpful in the training process. I was able to help others in ways I never thought of and I was given satisfaction in knowing that others were happy with my work and what I was able to do for them

May 9, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are happy to have had you on this remarkable team!

Novant Health, Inc

Our management team looks out for employees, there are several training classes to help us be successful employees. Team members work well together.

Pros

Perks, great benefits

Cons

N/a

Have my own space and desk

SWITCHBOARD for Novanthealth Forsyth Medical center is low staff, makes it harder for the whole team. Over worked beside doing the job like responding to emergency calls. And responding to alarms and answering all incoming calls from patients and there love ones. Physicians like docters should be able to make their own phone calls to see who is on call. In stead of having SWITCHBOARD page and finding out, then having to call them back and page other docters and wait on a response. The rudeness of the doctors how they talk to SWITCHBOARD has gotten out of hand. SWITCHBOARD does the docters job as well. I think its lazy and it put the SWITCHBOARD at risk when they have to respond to code blues and rapid responses, stemi and strokes and ect. Change need to be made, as well as higer pay.

Pros

Its a job

Cons

No breaks due to low staff

May 9, 2022
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your input and invite you to share other thoughts and ideas to AskHr@novanthealth.org

Novant is going downhill

They used to care about the employees but know they do not. They are not competitive with pay compared to the market. Senior management is out of touch with front line employees and the work we do.

Pros

The people

Cons

The pay

Progressive and anticipates future healthcare environment

I thoroughly enjoyed working for Novant Health. The organization is dynamic and progressive. Quality experience is sought in filling positions and ongoing education and advancement is provided.

Pros

Dynamic

Cons

COVID 19 vaccine mandate

May 9, 2022
Thank you for your time on our team, we appreciate your review.

Unprofessional and high school like

When I came to this job I had no idea what I was going to be doing. But whatever it was it was light load off the company. Everyone was thrilled to have me until it became easy. They found out what my position was and realize I didn’t deserve the position. I don’t know if it’s because of who I am or what I am only God knows that. Something’s you can’t say out loud because you have to learn to be professional. I’m glad God has placed me here temporarily. It proves one of my former colleagues were right about this place. I can’t go into full detail but the way they treat you is not professional. If you trying to help they don’t want your help. If you don’t try to help then you’re being lazy. Then expect you to talk to you any kind of how. I learn something not just from this place but the people all around. You can become great at what you do but because of who you are and what you became people feel you don’t deserve to be in that profession. Or maybe they don’t want you to succeed. Let me would have been the type to collect unemployment and didn’t work hard for my profession then I would have been called lazy. In this world or better yet this country will never see us fit to be anything unless it’s what they want us to be. They will start with you to get you to react and then go crying wolf like they didn’t do a thing. Somebody has to stand up and say it. I can still say thanks for the opportunity to work here. But I’m not surprise because I had a gut feeling things were going to turn around. Just know you going to forever remember my name. Because of the lies someone told made -

Pros

Able to adjust

Cons

All the con is in my paragraph up top plus more

Great benefits

Was a great place to work. Excellent benefits and room for growth. I would recommend working here if you enjoy working in Healthcare. Very fast-paced environment.

Great benefits

Great benefits. Pay isn't based on merit. Management is just negative, never positive. There is a lot of favoritism and coworkers are known to bully others.

Benefits

Cons

Negative Management

May 9, 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novant Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Novant Health
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?