National Oilwell Varco

National Oilwell Varco Pay & Benefits reviews

Working with NOV is really very great and you get to meet different nationalities, but there is not much increment in your salary as compared to the market value. Get less opportunity to grow in one department.
Its nice working here with nice management & great colleagues. Very co-operative management & appreciate hard working employees. Give proper training also for any required jobs.
Pros
Giving extra money for food as per diem 7 over stayed bonus also.
Cons
Low pay, old time leader with okd school ways
I've learned to work with a multi cultural work environment. You are given a chance to attend trainings and seminars for career enhancements. Good employee package/benefits.
Pros
good benefits: insurance, air tickets, yearly vacation
Cons
Industry status as of the moment is unstable
This is the best company I ever had but due to oil and gas price very down in the world market so I was laid off by the company. The paid salary and benefits justified to my service with them. I appreciate in this company until my last breath.
Productive and fun Busy workplace Fun and Excitement Learn so much from day to day task Very Cooperative people Good Compensation
while being called out on jobs you work a minimum of 12 hours per day 7 days per week, hardest part of the job is not knowing how long you will be away or how long you will spend at home, being on call 24/7 doesn't I've you much of a social life so it can be very difficult. the conditions you live/work in are very harsh
Cons
one of the best companies to work with, supportive colleagues, good management. Lots of exposure in NOV equipment's , but this only covers 25% of the rig equipment. need further exposure in other areas in order to grow.
Pros
free mobile
Cons
excellent place to work, nice supporting managers and management, provides good salary and other benefits, actually does not want to quit the company, I needs to quit because as per the present oilfield market we have less orders, as a part of cost cut any one can loose the job.
Actually as an electrical engineer I did not got much benefits, but as an electrical engineer I could benefit my work a lot using my engineering skills.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at National Oilwell Varco?