National Bank of Abu Dhabi

National Bank of Abu Dhabi Pay & Benefits reviews

United Arab Emirates232 reviews

Clear
3.7Pay & Benefits

Productive work place management highly professional friendly atmosphare having their own academy to teach new technologies

Excellent work place learned so many new course to fulfill the requirements very professional team mix of nationalities including most of the locals

Pros

Free launches education

Cons

This was my best job and due to amortization I was laid off other wise I will complete my complete job duration till retirement. Great experience with great team and management.

Pros

Free Lunch, 5 days a week, smart timings

Cons

smart timings

routine work life

long working hours. used to work up to 12 to 13 hours per day. and used to work on weekends too. unfriendly work environment. unfair management. boring routine work life.

Pros

getting to meet new people

Cons

very long working hours

ceo

• Initiated correspondence related to various activities of HR, including replies to employee enquiries, change of employment status and submission of pertinent documents to Supervisor • Updated information on Oracle system including but not limited to, employees designation/title, salary / remuneration package • Monitored leave, absences and related approvals on an ongoing basis • Prepared various kinds of Letters and Certificates such as Salary Certificates, Promotion Letters, Termination Letters, Confirmation Letters, Bonus Letters and Increment Letters • Reviewed payroll every month, resolved outstanding issues and provided approved finance in order to release payment

Multinational and multilingual culture with room for tolerance and acceptance of other nationalities and their beliefs and traditions. Hardworking employees who are rewarded in a timely manner with bonuses and yearly raise.

productive and enjoyed working with nbad

I have learnt about banking services and all the procedures of collections and recoveries department. I had found professional and wealthy working environment in NBAD.

Pros

free drinks like coffee and tea

Cons

no lunch break

Reward career

Good place to learn a new things by your own Competative salary Always challangeable tasks Diffecutl to work in branches with six days is the main hard point

Motivated and fun environment

As a multi national company we are a "family" of diversified cultures and nationalities but the management has created the atmosphere that we are all sync to one goal only for the benifit and sayisfaction of our customers and consumers..this institution also has room for carrer growth and fair treatment to every emplyee.

Pros

Benifits are available

Cons

Extreme sales target

Fun, Busy

Meeting celebrities and VIPS all the time , lots of events and volunteering , targers and a big project that i was handling for 1.5 Milion Dirhams, working on formula 1 help choosing models uniforms and design and following up

Pros

free buffets

Salary

I have more than four years with nbad as processing officer on the credit operation department with 6,000 AED salary and now I am married I am looking for new opportunities and I need to increase my salary it is very important for my life now.

Pros

one of the largest banks in the Middle East

Cons

Salary not good and no one supporting us

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at National Bank of Abu Dhabi?

Excellent Financial products

Have excellent financial products however customer service and management needs to improve more. Salary and benefits must be increased to motivate the staff .

Pros

Market leader

Cons

customer service

Too big too fail attitude

Totally corrupt working environment. "Too big to fail" attitude. No wonder why they ended up the looser side of the merger. I don't recommend to work there, unless you are only looking for the money.

Pros

Good salary and benefits

Cons

Corrupt working environment. Too big to fail attitude

Salary

No salary increment for 2 years. Only insurance is the main benefit and the lowest plan for the insurance. Ticket allowance for 2 years is 2,000aed which is not enough for a two way ticket going to the Philippines. So you have to pay the airfare ticket from your own pocket on the 2nd year of your annual leave.

Pros

You can manage your own time

Cons

low salary

normal work

no chance for growth... less salary no increment since joining... management is slow work progress is slow need to wait for anything need related to the so.......

Good experience gained

I had some minor issues working for NBD. The training was solid as I gained great experience, which provided me with the means to work with great competence. Unfortunatly the working experience was not one that I expected. Their job culture was mediocre at best. So was their staffs eagerness to help. In conclusion, I had great experience working with NBD, as I gained good experience and a solid salary, though I might say the job culture could use major enhancement.

Pros

Salary, Experience

Cons

Job Culture, Office hours

Productive and rewarding

I have enjoyed working with National Bank of Abu Dhabi although I had to do long hours at the job to complete my tasks. The work was rewarding and I have gained a lot of experience from them.

Pros

Free lunches, outings with colleagues on holidays

Cons

working long hours

A very professional environment and management.

I work in a sales environment, everyone has their own target meet. policy's, documentation and procedures are very much reasonable especially the rates.

Pros

earning incentives

Cons

intensive presures

A very sophisticated and savvy company

The National Bank of Abu Dhabi has a great working schedule for those who want to work an 8 to 4 working schedule. E-learning and training his mandated for self growth and certification. It is a multicultural environment which could be positive or negative depending on your nationality. NBAD has some of the best technology in the banking industry and continuously strive to improve their image as the best Arab Bank and a top 50 safest bank in the world. The 5 years i have spent with the company was well worth it. Unfortunately with the announcement with a merger of First Gulf Bank and NBAD the job security of employees are somewhat at risk.

Pros

Plenty of training and benefits

Cons

Small Market in the Middle East

Not fun at all no support for the employees

I worked as a teller for about 2 years and above . First 3 months I learned how to communicate with different types of customers and how to deal with them, and I developed my English skills then they transferred me to the real job where i can practice and see the system how it works

Pros

No pros

Cons

Long hours, no salary advantages

Good

Not good in some points, benefits, incentives, salary is quite low, but people are good especially Managers, Team Leaders, even surrounded by many nationalities, u will fell at home

Pros

Good people

Cons

Long working hours, needs to give million efforts

a good place to work but there are better place than NBAD

Bank works in super silo culture. Top management are very secretive making employees unaware of any future plans and must be part of it when anounced. Pure slavery I call it.

Pros

good salary

Cons

top management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Bank of Abu Dhabi. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• National Bank of Abu Dhabi
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?