National Bank of Abu Dhabi

National Bank of Abu Dhabi Employee Reviews

This was my best job and due to amortization I was laid off other wise I will complete my complete job duration till retirement. Great experience with great team and management.

Pros

Free Lunch, 5 days a week, smart timings

Cons

smart timings

Productive and good opportunity to learn

I worked with the bank for nearly 6 years. I started out loving my job, the clients and the people I got to work with every day, enough resources (staffing/reliable technology) to do my job effectively. Management is more interested in goals, provides its front line workers the tools needed to do their job.

Cons

Healthcare & transportation

I am willing to find a suitable job within my existing work experiances

I am willing to find a suitable job within my existing work experiances as customer services or operation since as of now I am working for First Abu Dhabi bank as operation manager Dubai branch Islamic department

Challenging and self motivated

A work platform for learn and grow mutually by the expertise state of the art assist from colleagues. Very crowd atmosphere to practice independently with confidence.

Retail banking environment in a bank

Bank has fairly large loan book with majority of customers being big institutions, businesses, oil companies, government entities etc in and around Abu Dhabi. Under UAE govt's push to promote SMEs in the region, The bank has recently diversified in retail banking, opening its network to UAE residents and SMEs, by offering business loans, mortgages etc. Thats why the culture is fairly high on power distance. However, given the competitive nature of business with over 52 banks fighting for same customer base of roughly about 3 million expats and locals in Dubai, the work environment at the bank is fairly competitive.

Target Driven Atmosphere

Since i worked in the DSU - Direct Sales Unit - Our activities and commitment to work is measured only in therms of the number & value of the applications. Achieve your target ASAP every month and you will have pleasant experience every month. Commission is good.

NBAD though a good brand but tough on employees

It was a good experience working with a strong brand like NBAD but the brand faded upon merger with FGB. I was inducted at the time of merger which didn’t favor me.. but always had something good coming my way.

Fun place to work.

It was a great place to work.My collegues were supportive.My seniors empower me.I learn about banking operations.The working envirnemt was multicultural.The overal envirnment promoted professionilsm,privacy,customer focus approach.

Good working environment

NBAD continually invests in people and technology to create the most customer-friendly banking experience as well as supporting the growth ambitions of its stakeholders across countries in which the bank operates.

enjoyable workplace

The Bank's name is changed to FAB and it is a very competitive environment to work there. one of the Largest UAE banks in terms of capital and Assets.

I learned lot of banking aspects in the training and th workplace was good and it was multicultural and enjoyed th job as it was my favorite as well, management was really good

A great career with great salary and health benefits

- – IT Department. • Work and main undergone tasks as IT Security Officer:- - Monitoring and reporting all security threats and breaches to the concerned team, which includes: o Unauthorized database information changes o Malware, DDoS Attacks, Attempted breaches etc… o Exploiting system weaknesses - Providing certain reports upon request with all activities undergone throughout the bank domain nbad.com • Work and tasks undergone as Data Center Engineer:- - Maintaining Datacenter high availability. - Daily Data Center checks for server’s health. - Checking temperature and power in the datacenter and reporting to BMS in case of temperature increase. - Addressing servers/appliances errors and faults to the proper server/appliance owner. - Commissioning new servers and decommissioning old/unneeded servers and appliances. - Maintaining an updated Inventory of all the devices in the Data Center. - Following up with servers vendors to fix/replace faulty server’s hardware and parts. - Monitoring server’s health, temperatures, power remotely through third party application. - Maintaining an up-to-date data center scheme. - Providing the appropriate KVM access/privileges to server owners and other teams via third party applications. - Escorting visitors to the datacenter upon obtaining the necessary approvals.

Productive and fun workplace

get business life-cycle , amazing workplace , hardest jobs was 24/7 , night shift , manage incidents on spot , dealing with failures on professional way

Real Estate Debt Origination and Underwriting

Global real estate underwriting and origination role. Dealing with middle eastern and asia pac investors acquiring real estate in mature markets (US, UK, Europe and Asia Pac).

routine work life

long working hours. used to work up to 12 to 13 hours per day. and used to work on weekends too. unfriendly work environment. unfair management. boring routine work life.

Pros

getting to meet new people

Cons

very long working hours

I got fired from there and was abused

I got fired for speaking up against an angry supervisor we had at the time and is proply climbed up the stairs by now in mangemnt he yelled so I yelled back over a ball soft one too

NBAD was a good bank

Had good experience and was able to learn a lot about the various professionals. The exposure allowed me to grow from where i was and has let me gain more knowledge and skill

ceo

• Initiated correspondence related to various activities of HR, including replies to employee enquiries, change of employment status and submission of pertinent documents to Supervisor • Updated information on Oracle system including but not limited to, employees designation/title, salary / remuneration package • Monitored leave, absences and related approvals on an ongoing basis • Prepared various kinds of Letters and Certificates such as Salary Certificates, Promotion Letters, Termination Letters, Confirmation Letters, Bonus Letters and Increment Letters • Reviewed payroll every month, resolved outstanding issues and provided approved finance in order to release payment

My first job in which I was promoted within the first year!

Professionally managed the training functions, ensuring the provision of appropriate and economic training services for all Bank staff. As the nationalization manager and Nationals mentor, I ensured the effective employment and deployment of the UAE National workforce within the Bank’s organization (with an annual budget of over AED7m/pa). I also participated in the human recourses policies and procedure manual updating as a team member.

Pros

Good experiance

Cons

Uneven distribution of responsibilities

It was the first step in my business journey

Working with NBAD: It was a very nice and strong experience to work with NBAD for more than 8 years of success, I worked as multi product and i start very strong with fixed deposit of 37 million dirhams

policties

the car about chit chat more than doing work, and just talking gossip , more than productive. work, backstabbing and playing politics more than working

Pros

money

Cons

Culture, work life balance, stressful, unprofessional

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Bank of Abu Dhabi. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• National Bank of Abu Dhabi
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?