MOVENPICK logo

MOVENPICK Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates37 reviews

Friendly people

Hotel is good but accommodation for staff is not good, people are really friendly , but hotel is quit busy as it's next to airport, management should me more supportive.

Fun workplace

Fun and good work place Experience swiss hospitality 5 star standard natural enjoyment Good management and you will have a experience non other overall great place to work

Pros

Free food, transport, accommodation

Cons

Lacking of staff

chef are encourage all the time.

overall experience in movenpick is excellent.I learn so many things from my workplac,and build my confidence,all staff very helpful.

really learned alot in my carrer,gained alot of skills with the help of management it just a pleasure being part of the family

each day to me was a learning experience each day with its challenges has been so helpful to me have learned how to work really under a lot of pressure ,the management was fantastic they have really played a big role in my career. We worked as team and its just a pleasure working with those guys there. hardest part was working two big sections alone it was really hard and frustrating but I managed. most enjoy part for me is when I would serve the guest knowing its there first time to visit the hotel just taking care of them giving them good service and just making them to keep coming back to the hotel felt so good and each time they came back they remember my name I felt really good I gave them natural enjoyment

Productive and competitive workplace

A very time demanding and a competitive workplace. This is where I worked for the past two years of my life. The job itself is very easy however working for long hours more than what is ought to be can burn any employee. The management can sometimes be fair however business is business. And being a part in the industry also exposed me to some areas that I were not aware of and I guess that's a new learning for me.

outstanding customer service skills and qualifications

continuous development and learning ownership and leadership environment initiatives and suggestions are not always welcome great sense of team building and communication

Pros

transportation and accommodation provided

Cons

benefits and leisure activities or team building

hard working

it was a hard working environment.10 hrs working is very very hard . but i learnt lot of a things about hotel mangement and the hotel industries .

I was enjoyed to work in movenpick, though there is stress in working the ambiance of work is very good.

In Movenpick hotel the work atmosphere is very good. Some times we worked till midnight and next day went for the work again without taking any leave, there is lot of stress in the work not every time some time. Supervise the two sections: Repair & maintenance and operation. • To ensure that all defects to building, plants and equipments are properly and promptly dealt with, particularly when they are affecting guests comfort. • Advise the Chief Engineer of immediate break down and faults in any systems. • To supervise the staff under his control in carrying out their duties and to inform maintenance manager or chief engineer of any misconduct of the staff grievance. • To ensure that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in all areas not under the direct responsibility of the housekeeping department. • To assist in the planning and possible improvement of the department. • To have a particular regards of safety of all plants and equipment and the protection of staff and guest against accidents.

Pros

Free breakfast, Lunch and evening snacks.

Excellent Place to Work

Management & The staff here, very helpful & knowledgeable. Nice Work Environment. Well Paid & Other Benefits Provided is, Satisfaction Manner.

Productive and work

In Movenpick i very much blessed for the opportunity that i work in there as a Bellman and the management it self giving all guidance and support, specially treating us our manager as family likely more than a team because we help each other we give more importance in regards to our duties and responsibilities being a colleague it doesn't matter how was our salary as long we are all happy and confident to our work.

Pros

fre lunches

Cons

overtime

restaurant incharge

Restaurant manager duty is an challenging job to get the sales and maintain the customer relation also looking after the team, solving the problems, look after the cleanliness,timings etc

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Good work environment that offerd positive learning opportunities.

9 hours duty from 9 a.m - 6 p.m and one resting day,during my employment here i learned valuable butcher skills,food hygiene skills,cooking of different dishes from my fellow chefs and head chefs. The management offered good mentorship in terms of growth as a person and as chef,they gave both positive and encouraging feed backs to the staff,the company having different nationalities in its employ my co-workers were a valuable lesson in how to relate with different ethnics. The challenging part of my work was to be able to make orders for products that would be used in the kitchen, to prepare and ration meat products for buffet, functions and a l carte orders in the hotel. The enjoyable part of my work was to be able to be depended on and fulfil all my tasks, this enabled a smooth operation in the kitchen and for the staff also.

Pros

Good management

Cons

under staffed

Technical summary

As an electrician i get more technical idea from movenpick hotel. especially about Access door , AV system, controlling system, IP TV system .

i have enjoy some off those days when we vent to island water park

i never hade i have learned very good it not happen to me i have worked with them they are good meaner and like family

Cons

best place to work and well paid

working is great environment. peoples are great helpful, i learn so many things such as languages , how to talk to the people in right way. some are are my co-workers are selfish but some are helpful hardest part of a job is working 12 hrs per day working in this place always great.nice salary,good and luxury accommodations .. well paid tips always...

Pros

all are free food, transportation, medical

its a fun working place

as a hotel it self is ok, but need to work more to select good mangments

Pros

free 03 meals a day

Cons

longs hours

productive and learning work place, enjoyable work place

Handling different kinds of clientsproductive and learning work place, enjoyable work place

Pros

free hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MOVENPICK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question