Mount Sinai Health System

Mount Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,520 reviews

Union Job with great benefits

It a Union Postion Lots of Overtime to be made you can made a lot of money the day start of slowly but picks up around lunch time and goes up until around 1 am

Pros

Lots of Overtime

Cons

Not enough staff

Nursing at Sinai

Pros: supportive coworkers, always learning in ICU environmentCons: unappreciative management, difficult patients, old hospital with rundown facilities

Pros

Supportive coworkers, always learning

Cons

Management, difficult patients, old hospital

Good experience overall

Low pay for Advanced practice providers, but PA friendly hospital with strong PA advocacy. Some room for growth in certain specialities/depending on residents/teams

Proud to have worked here

Proud to have worked here. Great workplace culture. Able to work independently and with assitance from others. The building is very beatiful and serene.

Does not support employees

Severely understaffed, terrible ratios, and pretty awful work-life balance. I work on a unit that has a much higher acuity than it should and it is extremely unsafe for the patients. Management doesn't appreciate any of the work we do and would rather have extra staff (on the rare occasion we have them) perform audits instead of actually helping the nurses. If you want a place to burn out quickly, this is the place for you. I love my coworkers to death, but we're all insanely traumatized by how much we're overworked and underappreciated. The VP of this hospital hasn't even stepped foot in this hospital since covid and is making millions off of our hard work. It's ridiculous.

Great for career growth in corporate positions

Lots of opportunity for growth in the corporate positions. Strong support from management in our department with an emphasis on recruiting and retaining talent. Pace and work can be overwhelming at times however if you enjoy challenges this is a great place to grow.

great place to learn and grow

Great time working here, wonderful team based approach. the physicians here are wonderful approachable and willing to teach. The PA team is very supportive.

Money Driven

Not much room for growth and improvement and the physicians are money driven. Good benefits, including health insurance, PTO, and 403B with matching. Middle management tries but may not be as competent as they should be.

It’s okay

Kinda toxic, just do the work and go home don't get involve with anyone there’s too much gossip and bullying. The hospital itself is nice and the workload can be a lot but it’s manageable.

Icu rn

Huge teaching hospital with one of the sickest patients - ICUs see tons of devices ECMO LVAD EVDs and more. Everything except trauma. Hospital has many internal management issues but if you survive here you can survive anywhere. There are endless opportunities to learn. Management is rough around the edges, and some contribute to toxic environment that pit nurses against one another (i.e. "line" rounds) . Management also disregard and literally does not care about NYSNA union contracts. Union contract is just a piece of paper to them unfortunately

Pros

Learning opportunities, endless OT shifts if you can handle it

Cons

No breaks, being tripled in the ICU commonplace, chronic short staffing

Extremely toxic environment

The culture is extremely toxic. People are quick to blame, and are extremely judgmental. The processes related to my role were more confusing and cumbersome then the US taxCode. Its a tough environment that is not interested in change, any change needed to succeed will beOn your part. To keep the above in perspective, i was there for 15 years

Pros

Some people there are nice

Cons

Toxic and judgmental culture, Little to no guidance or support from leadership. Quick to blame and regard others as ‘stupid’.

Toxic work culture

No team work culture. Management just parrots corporate compliance. Toxic places to work. Doctors are never satisfied with management. They have no connection or sympathy for their employees.

Gown

Now part of mt Sinai so I donor know what it is look anymore at their hospitals Hope it’s still a good place to work bit I don’t know Maybe I go back one day

Fun place to work

Best place I’ve worked so far, the staff were helpful, we worked as a team. The Doctors at Mount Sinai were friendly, treated the MA’s as equal and explain in detail.

money

horrible place to work. Everyone is more concerned about ego and being the best than they are with actually caring for the patients. Everything is a competition and staff degrades each other and are rude/disrespectful. Workload is insane and unsafe. Management does not advocate for their employees.

Pros

money

Cons

disrespect/poor management

productive and safe environment

I enjoyed working at this multicultural company, Professional and emotional support, welcome environment. This working environment that encourages nurses infusing chemotherapy to be competent and skillful in performing assigned duties. It encourages suggestions on aspects of care within the workplace.

Management don’t care about employees, just number and bill patient

The worst plate to work , under pay, very disrespectful with employees, the shift of Radiology department don’t even says GM to the employees , work flow it is out control specialist in the Radiology department. They just worry about how many patient can be done in 8 hrs shift with 2 employees and 2 X-ray room.

Stable but not the best in terms of management

A lot of benefits and stability. Newer management feels more like robots as opposed to people. You can work here forever until retirement comfortably.

Yes, very productive I just loved it.

I was very happy until the director retired. It was a great place to work, very friendly. The new one was the most horrible person to work with. Very insecure. Difficult person.

Not a good environment to work

Needs improvement and more organized, need more staff and better benefits. We feel overworked doing three different jobs that are not related to our tittle because of short staffed.

Nicu

If you are interested in the NICU, beware of favoritism affecting your shifts. I started NICU after working in other specialties & I am happy working in the NICU. I avoid the cliques & gossip, unfortunately, doing so makes you a target for unfair treatment. If you can ignore it all, I do love NICU.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Sinai Health System. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Mount Sinai Health System
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?