Moss Adams

Moss Adams Employee Reviews

Challenging work

Definitely tough during busy seasons with work life balance. People are very helpful and big emphasis on team aspect which is nice. But many stressful days.

What is the best part of working at the company?Good benefitsWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Poor leadership, poor management. They preach work-life balance but heaven forbid you try and use your PTO (even if it's for your own wedding). I've seen a manager lie to save her own skin and let the low man on the totem pole take the fall.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?They don't practice what they preach. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Arrive early, stay late, get home and work some more.

Excellent place to have a career

Have had an amazing experience since I've joined Moss Adams. Growing everyday and becoming very confident in my work. The people here truly want you to succeed and do a lot to get you where you need to be. Highly recommend.

Good culture and leadership; bad hours

Most of the people at the firm are awesome. Culture is excellent. Partner group is approachable and enjoyable to work with. The feedback process is effective and professionally executed, so it is easy to keep your career goals on track if approached with a growth mindset. High performers end up working more than their peers for not much benefit, so its easy to get burnt out quickly.

Life work balance

No balance at all. Insane hours. Hard to get some time off because you will have to work double once you are backcannot get a promotion unless you pass cpa exam

Love the people here at MA

Love the people and the culture at MA. They are all really nice. They care about you and also your career development. You also get to enjoy lots of social events.

Pros

everything

Cons

nothing

High expectations but not much insight to work projects

Learning a lot and having a flexible internship experience was great. I feel that management and the company did not allow for much insight on projects to where you could understand more about the work you were doing. For some this is fine, but for certain types of learners you may struggle not having more details when trying to understand and complete assignments.

A good regional firm

Overall, would recommend for true accounting professionals. Typical pros and cons of an accounting firm. New offices. Good organization, met some really great people.

Unstructured

MA prides itself on allowing employees flexibility to use their own processes. Unfortunately, this gets in the way of business development and training, and often requires you to "work harder, not smarter" because there is simply no way to automate anything or find new efficiencies.The training is ad hoc, performance reviews and mentorship are treated as a side note, and while work/life balance might be better than Big 4, you will be spending much of your time wrestling with inefficiency.

What is the best part of working at the company?Flexibility. PTO. Diversity and InclusionWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?My boss didn’t back me up with an issue. There were two of us the same thing happened to and she didn’t support either of us. I had to leave unfortunately for this reason, but I didn’t want to leave the company.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Moss Adams?

Accounting Firm

I left Moss Adams to pursue work in another field, as I began to tire of the many seminars and trainings which pushed political and ideological topics that had nothing to do with the work we were being paid to do.

Cons

Top down, woke culture that doesn't appeal to many employees.

Awful place to work

Hated working here. The office was run like a frat house. No work life balance. Seniors didn't care about the staff at all. I remember getting a job review that said I needed to work on my "grammer". How ironic.

Decent starting accounting job.

I was super excited to get this job out of college. The people were great, but ultimately accounting was not the career path I wanted to pursue. This job pays alright but consumes a lot of your time especially during the winter. This job works for some but for me I wanted to have more freedom and with this job I felt tied down.

Pros

Stable good benefits

Cons

This job will take a lot of your time and life

If you're going to practice public accounting - do it here

Great accounting firm, has a good "people-centric" culture and lots of opportunities for growth. Have made many friends here. Seems to blend the advantages of Big 4 with the advantages of smaller firms. Compensation is very good and salary growth has been excellent. Benefits are decent, but could be improved. Hours during busy season(s) are definitely rough but generally top out around 55-60 hours a week most times, which seems better than many firms. Firm's growth seems to be accelerating at an almost out of control rate. Noticing a lot more burnout and churn this year in the staff and senior ranks that previously. Upper management / partners (at least locally) do not seem to have a plan to effectively control growth and mitigate burnout at the staff-manager level and manager level . Hopefully this is temporary blip and overall it is still a great place to work.

Pros

Compensation, great people

Cons

Workload, hours

Good management

Great place to start your career and learn a lot. Management does seem to care about employees progression. Flexible working hours but comes with the stress of busy season.

Great company

This is a great company. I came here from the big 4 and feel like this is the best combination that I could ask for. I highly recommend coming to work here if you are looking for better work life balance.

Great Firm

Hours could be better but the culture and managgement want to see you succeed. Busy seasons are tough but you learn a lot from being staffed on different engagements

Love the people, hate the job

Moss has amazing people. Almost everyone I met at Moss Adams was willing to help me and the team I was on succeed. The work life balance is good compared to other firms, but it's still public accounting so the hours during busy season can be up in the 60-70 range. The job itself kind of sucks but the people are great.

Pros

Lots of food during busy season, people are great

Cons

Long hours during busy season

Great environment to work, the people are supportive and the culture is great

Moss Adams has a great work environment, the management is very clear on what needs to be done and they are very supportive. There is a culture of oneness, you can feel that everyone is pulling in the same direction.

Pros

Flexible work hours, numerous commutation choices to work.

Cons

parking can be a problem and expensive

Standard Public Accounting

Public accounting is inherently long hours and high pressure deadlines. The people are the best part of the job, you’re surrounded by a lot of brilliant coworkers and everyone has something you can learn.

Productive colleagues and good snacks

Required start and end times for the day, but flexible hours if having to start or leave early for appointments. Deadlines had to be met daily, and a lot of emails were already crafted out but you had to fill in the blanks. Free-styling emails was frowned upon by colleagues. Lots of making sure we don't upset the top accountants in the firm, as we would look dumb or 'add stress' to there day by not providing clear concise information/pre-filled emails.Great snacks, structured breaks, everything felt precise and timed out to the dot. Meetings were on-time and included lunches/good snacks.Growth opportunity looked bleak, managers had favorites, some people were long haulers, while other seats had new hires in them constantly. Benefits were good - pay could've been better.good use of technology in the firm, two days a week allowed to work from home and the entire company rolled with it pretty well.

Pros

Free lunches, snacks, good structure and routine.

Cons

Too much routine, no growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moss Adams. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Moss Adams