Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Found 5,165 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,166 reviews

Good Work Environment, but say goodbye to your social life

My team at Morgan Stanley was fantastic, probably one of the tightest knit teams that I have ever been a part of. As someone still young and growing in the industry there is a great amount to learn here. As for your social life, plan to never have any weekends free and if you are in the technical field there is just a small team so you will be on call 24/7 some weeks. December is the worst month for all at Morgan because of End of Year financial reviews, at the end of 2019 there was nearly 1500 jobs cut mostly in the technology sector, so never be confident about your position here, it can be cut at any time.

Great place to work they have very good benefits very fast-paced work environment many many many employee perks paid vacation health benefits are wonderful

Jobs at Morgan Stanley

See more jobs

Good job but lots of layoffs

Overall I am enjoying my time here. The work is not stressful and the people are nice enough. Beware of layoffs as it is widespread at the firm. The pay in on par with the industry.

Old school

I spent a decade here and played the game, and was successful in regards to career advancement. The pros: decent benefits, time off (if salaried or tenured), and depending on your situation a good sandbox to grow.However, this is an old school place to work. High stress/fast paced, do a great job get rewarded with more work and unequal compensation. They don’t do out of cycle anything, and lots of bro/east coast culture. As a female, I did see many women rise the ranks in my area, but sadly the pay was never what it should have been. “Free promotions”, take advantage, and when you advocate for yourself you become the problem child or it’s out of their hands. I do think more women get promoted because most men wouldn’t put up with the underpay. Leadership is lacking because they can’t keep strong talent.Overall, if you are lacking experience, or just need means to an end, you have arrived.

Outdated procedures and policy

For a company to be that big their system and procedures are very outdated to compare to other companies. No one is on the same page and constant change in positions with added work. They have a major issue with payroll. Our checks were constantly messed up and they don't do off cycle checks so you would have to have until next pay cycle with no reimbursement for inconvenience or hardship they caused. Other companies let you earn licenses while at work, providing training and help with obtaining licenses. Morgan Stanley doesn't do that. They want you to do it outside of work, pay for it and still make it a requirement for employment. benefits are decent but pay is low compared to other financial companies.

Fun

I have had the privilege of working at Morgan Stanley, and my experience has been both rewarding and enlightening. The company's commitment to excellence and innovation creates a dynamic work environment.Pros:1. **Professional Development:** Morgan Stanley invests significantly in employee growth and development. The available resources and training programs have contributed positively to my skill set.2. **Team Collaboration:** The collaborative culture within teams fosters an environment where diverse perspectives are valued. Team members are supportive, and there is a strong emphasis on collective success.3. **Global Opportunities:** Working for a global financial institution opens doors to international exposure. The opportunities to collaborate with colleagues from different regions have broadened my understanding of the financial industry.4. **Cutting-Edge Technology:** Morgan Stanley stays at the forefront of technological advancements. Access to state-of-the-art tools and systems enhances efficiency in day-to-day operations.5. **Competitive Compensation:** The compensation and benefits package is competitive within the industry. The company acknowledges and rewards hard work and dedication.Cons:1. **Work-Life Balance:** The nature of the financial industry often demands long working hours. Achieving a balance between work and personal life can be challenging during peak periods.2. **Bureaucracy:** The size and structure of the organization can sometimes lead to bureaucratic processes, which may slow down decision-making.3. **Fast-Paced Environment:** -

suprb

nothing to say. everything is fine. Learned lot of new software's and communication with different stakeholders. managment is bit strict. Cmpnay says Hybrid but expects everyone to come to office all 5 days

Interesting

There is a lot of opportunity for growth if you don't actually care about helping people. If you can pretend and hit #'s you'll do great. Also no one really knows anything about anything, everyone pretty much is winging it. The managers confidently answer questions but are wrong. Employees tell customers incorrect info with no consequences. If you've worked at a call center before this shouldn't be new, I just went into this thinking MS would be different.

Great group to work for.

Great group to work for. Once you get your licenses (series 7 and 66) there is a lot of room for growth. CSAs are treated with respect. There is a lot of different stuff to know.

My time there as a Native American and Black American woman, was an exercise in learning about how strong I really am.

What is the best part of working at the company?The best part of working there are meeting new people and learning about things I probably would never have been exposed to. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The most stressful part is that the branches are chronically understaffed which leads to feeling overworked, covering 8-10 brokers at a time. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The culture is very White Male dominant and non inclusive. While they include diversity and inclusion in the mission statement, you do not see that on a daily basis in the Wealth Management field.

would recommend

morgan stanley is a decent place to work. good opportunities and career track. would overall recommend especially as a resume builder. pay is competitive.

Lots of smart people but toxic culture

Not a good place for women with families. Expected to travel right after returning from maternity leave even though still breast feeding. Had to pump in a restroom.

Challenging but rewarding

Amazing opportunity to grow skill set while working with amazing people. Morgan Stanley has a collegial culture where colleagues help one another. Made life long friends.

Awesome

Good place to work. Good training and good atmosphere. People are friendly and willing to help others when help is needed. I would work there again. Great place

Management was mean

I did not enjoy my time there the pay was good but I always regretted leaving my previous job for MS. There was no coherent culture maybe because of the pandemic and there was lack of organization and good leadership available to me. I was humiliated at work on more than one occasion.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Discrimination

Great management

The base salary offered is less than what is typically seen within the industry. Nonetheless, the workplace is filled with exceptionally intelligent individuals who are always eager and prepared to provide assistance or answer any inquiries immediately. This environment fosters a collaborative and supportive culture, enhancing the overall working experience despite the lower financial compensation.

Hard to progress at company

2 years at the firm and they directly say that it takes “years” to get out of the customer service role. Pay is average for a customer service based job. Phone calls are never ending and majority of the etrade customers who constantly call think they are the next Warren Buffett

Stressful workplace

What is the best part of working at the company?new technologies. lot of quality work. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?culture.. dealing with full-time employees.. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Culture is good and progressiveWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?everyone works on multiple projects

Productive and fun place!

Productive and fun place! good work culture. Decent management. Good incentives. Good growth opportunities! Lot of training and learning opportunities

Free food

As a client service rep you're a glorified secretary/assistant. Your experience really depends on the advisor/team you're on. It really can make or break your experience in this industry. One great perk is free lunch/breakfast and it caused a lot of weight gain :)

Big company with small company mindset

I enjoyed my time there. There is no such a thin as a perfect job, but this company treated employees well when I was there 15 years ago. Growth wise, it really all depends on the market, not just the company, in any down market - no promotions. In any upmarket - easy promotions. Overall, great company, as long as you remember there is no perfect company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Stanley. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Morgan Stanley