Morgan Stanley

Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,744 reviews

Good Work Environment, but say goodbye to your social life

My team at Morgan Stanley was fantastic, probably one of the tightest knit teams that I have ever been a part of. As someone still young and growing in the industry there is a great amount to learn here. As for your social life, plan to never have any weekends free and if you are in the technical field there is just a small team so you will be on call 24/7 some weeks. December is the worst month for all at Morgan because of End of Year financial reviews, at the end of 2019 there was nearly 1500 jobs cut mostly in the technology sector, so never be confident about your position here, it can be cut at any time.

Administrative

The name on the resume looks great , however this job is way more administrative then it is finance based . For a person with a finance degree like myself I would not recommend it .

Good work culture with lots of opportunities to learn. Relaxed work

I'm only working here for 10 weeks as part of an internship but I've enjoyed things like volunteering and constant learning (these taking place during work hours). There's no formal expectation to be in office every day or be working between set hours as long as you get the work done. From what I can tell, most managers are fairly flexible in terms of both workload and helping you find what you want to focus on in a project.

Nice place to work with little advancement

Nice place to work with little advancement for raise and promotion. The company is a good place to gain experience and offen people would leve for better paying jobs

Supportive staff and teams

Exams must be passed in order to maintain employment and eventually support a team in a service capacity. Friendly office, ask to shadow those doing the role AFTER you have passed your exams.

Great learnings. Average Paycheck and benefits

Good for interns and Seniors. ESPs get hard time based on their managers. LEadership changes every 4 years and the developres and everyone under them remain pretty much the same for several years.

Fine

Worked in the mailroom. Regular job good days and bad. For the role I wouldn't stay longer than a year but for that year you'll be able to learn and work on some skills

Well run company but very political

Good promotion process and a great place to build career. Pay is a bit lower than comps but reasonable. Must have good relationship with your managers.

loved the work but not to co-workers

It really depends on which department you are in. Both me and my husband worked for MS and he loved it--still does--but I didn't like it at all. Funny enough, the work itself was ok. Nothing too difficult but overall enjoyable. Some of the co-workers were absolutely terrible and were in cliques already and didn't welcome new employees. Very strict rules, too, the boss sent out an email to everyone with a warning tone after someone arrived at work at 9:02 instead of 9:00. Back then they also had a ridiculous dress code. Pay was OK, not exceptional.

Pros

relatively stable job

Cons

unfriendly co-workers and terrible boss; long working hours; very strict rules overall

Nice org to learn and grow

Had a wonderful time with MS, people are technically sound and good ,pay and bonuses are good .. public speaking platform toastmaster is good for developing communication skills

Very fickle

They hire and fire temps way too often. They are always hiring because they don’t keep anyone. I gave them another chance but after I learned the job they ended my contract early. Then I got called f ok temp agencies a month later for the same job! They lowered the pay $1 an hour! So basically I was let go because they wanted to pay less. They claim they want to hire people on full time but it’s a lie.

Pros

Cons

The training is horrible and they don’t keep temps even if they say they do.

Morgan Stanley Overall is a Good Company to Work For.

The culture and the people are good. I do like my co-workers and manager. The benefits are good despite the deductible plan health insurance coverage. I was concerned about the higher payroll deduction in order to have a smaller deductible but it's not bad. Becoming licensed will help one advance quicker. A typical day involves responding to client inquiries regarding their account, ingesting documents into the proper queue for processing from various incoming correspondence. The position becomes difficult when systems are down and processing workarounds have to be put in place which causes duplications.

Leadership

Leadership from top down treat employees poorly, No empathy different standards for different people,Wrong people in wrong positions creating a micromanagement approach, work load shift primarily o n next in line with no resources to complete.

Pros

Reputation

Cons

Feedback based on one emoyee and things out of emoyees control

Experience

It was my first experience working for an fortune 500 company. The environment and the people that I work with everyday was an new experience for me as well.

good work life balance, job security

Job is not very stressful, collegues are smart and hardworking. They invest in you and train you upp, even pay for your english lessons. If you do well you can get promoted.

Pros

not stressful, can pick what time I start

Cons

nothing comes to mind

Great company

The company is great overall.lot of emphasis on employees and career growth. Work from home options have increased with COVID .benefits are great. Love the culture

Demanding but NOT Compensated Fairly

Morgan Stanley is a fast-paced, highly demanding job that requires significant extra hours just to keep your head afloat and the pay is not worth it. No loyalty to employees.

Talented people to work with

Helping and collaborative culture.You will need to show up your work means you should have ability to market your job/task which you have done for growth in your carrer

Boring

This job is not the place you want to be. Management does not treat their employees nicely or fairly. I am a recent college graduate and this is not the place.

Cutthroat no direction

They barely gave you any real-life training. Before they make you do these useless role-plays after having been in CBT-based training for a couple of months. No actual real coaching.

Exactly what I expected

It was decent pay was a bummer and hours were long. Nowadays I don’t regret leaving. Maybe that’s harsh but it wasn’t very exciting. Not for me. Thank you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Stanley. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Morgan Stanley
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?