MFS Investment Management

MFS Investment Management Employee Reviews

Great Culture

This is one of the best companies I have worked for. Companies always preach about the culture but MFS is one of the few places where it’s actually really important to senior management.

Pros

Work life balance, culture

Great culture

Good people and culture, great location, work life balance. Not always easy to get things done but teams understand and pull together. Open door policy from senior management.

Very stessful

Everything you do is timed to the second and you are extremely under paid for the work. Your evaluated based on your mistakes and there is always fingers pointed at you when you make those.

For a younger person starting out of college

Poor work culture, you are timed to the second on everything and just hope you don't need to use the bathroom regularly, this is viewed as a negative.

Pros

Cons

micro management

Great culture

Great culture and supporting employees

MFS has a notoriously supporting culture where employees across departments are willing to help at a moments notice. Work was challenging, but rewarding.

Pros

New projects daily, work is meaningful

Cons

Low chance of return offer for interns

Very productive experience

A great place to work at and very organized management. People usually stay for a very long time, 20 and 30 years because of the benefits and work life balance.

Great mentors and collaborative teamwork

People were friendly and willing to guide me during work. Many of the managers (even from different departments) had an open-door policy and I could always reach out and schedule with them to ask any questions that I had.

Great company

I haven’t work for long there but it is a great company, there is access to many resources everybody is super nice, the culture in the office is very friendly. It’s a great way to start your career

Okay job

Never given clear direction of what was required of me. I often felt lost in what I was supposed to do. I never felt comfortable in what I was doing. It was very frustrating.

Productive and Collaborative

MFS excels at creating a collaborative work environment. They put a great deal of emphasis on making sure employees have a good work/life balance. They put the employee first

MFS is a great organization. Not only a great place to start a career but also to finish one. There is lots of mobility within the organization and skills that transfer outside as well.

stable company

MFS is a great company to work for. great benefit, work life balance and have a good moral. this is one of the company have less turn around, Employee work for 30 to 40 years plus

Good Benifits For All Empolyees

Good Medical / Dental, and nice saving options for retirement. Service Center is a place to get foot in the door, but its a grind day in and day out, so I've seen many not make it past first month after the extensive three month training. If you're looking to get into finance and are up to the challenge it might be the place for you that being said. Majority of the people were nice to work with and easy to be around. Advancement is difficult however as most higher level positions are held at the main office in Boston by the same people for several years, and few spots open up. You definitely have to "know" someone or find a way to stand out, or be willing to work a different position in the Service Center to move upward. Make sure you have a specific goal in mind for what you want to do if you decide to work at MFS.

An excellent environment

At MFS, employees are valued extremely highly- perhaps as much as the portfolios themselves. Workdays have extremely flexible hours, and most managers are understanding if working the typical 9-5 is legitimately unrealistic. Perhaps the best part, by extension, is the culture of employment there. When I arrive at the office, I am greeted with 'hellos' from people regardless of a direct working relationship. Most employees are happy to meet for coffee to talk about their roles, and many others are perfectly willing to sit and show you what they do on a daily basis (if they have the time, of course). Furthermore, the benefits outside of the job, from deals at certain businesses and events to the very competitive retirement savings plan and tuition reimbursement, offered by MFS explain why many employees stay with the company for 20+ years.

Enjoyable culture where you represent a great brand and have work life balance

The experience at MFS has truly been remarkable. The work life balance is amazing and the benefits are better than any others I've seen out there. The reputation and the brand for MFS is top notch which makes our life easier in the world of sales. Finally, the culture is great and people are approachable and willing to listen.

Co-op

Co-ops are not generally very busy, but there is plenty of scope for learning more about how the company is run. There is a flat organizational structure which enables co-ops to approach whomever they would like within the company for help or advice.

good

good balance and culture with flexible working. Boston centric office. good benefits but unfortunately not much scope for progression in some of the roles.

Stated great, ended not so great

When I first started at MFS, it was a fantastic experience. I was given lots of responsibility, opportunities for growth, a great staff, and great management. My department went through some major changes and among them was to forcing out of good managers and elevation of not so good managers.

Created the first mutual fund back in 1924

MFS has a strong corporate culture. There are many wonderful people to work with, including across a global team, since the company has nine investment offices around the globe. Utilizing technology, Skype-like videoconference systems and conference calls are the standard daily occurrence, which is great.

MFS is a great place to work They have a good culture, offer competitive salary and benefits, work from home and other perks. The office is located in the Prudential Mall in Boston's Back Bay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MFS Investment Management. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• MFS Investment Management
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?