Meijer

Meijer Employee Reviews

Showing all 10,932 reviews

Decent job for young people

The job is great for a first job of a post retirement job, the leadership didn’t care all that much and it was all driven by a point system, other than that, not a bad place to work

What is the best part of working at the company?Good people and fun environment! What is the most stressful part about working at the company?It's a fast past environment. I think if you are not a customer service friendly individual than this is not intended for you. Pharmacy is a job that inquiries a personal individual who is willing to be helpful, curiosity, friendly, and respectful to the customer at hand while willing to do all they can for the patient in need. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very diverse environment. Friendly fun environment with a team that is willing to help you lean and grow! Great place to work!What is a typical day like for you at the company?Everyday is different but keeps you learning!

Ok place to work

Dedicated 23 years of service to let down by the company. Loved my job and seen myself retiring from there but they had other plans. Sadly I wouldn’t recommend anyone work there they could careless about dedication.

Too music work for one person

They let on person usually take on 3 man jobs with lot to no help with a (drumroll) 15cent pay raise🤦🏾‍♂️😭😭😭. There’s good people who work there, just don’t expect management to care about you especially overnights. It’s a nightmare

More of a joke than a company

Being a cashier for this company really taught me something. There’s millions of better opportunities out there, don’t waste your time for a company that doesn’t value you as a person better yet an employee. Customers are always a coin flip, plus you get to enjoy doing the jobs of other people while doing your own work. Save yourselves the time and regret, I can only recommend it as a last resort.

Pros

Two 15 min breaks whenever you want them

Cons

Lack of communication, Bad management, Overworked

Not worth the pay

Get rid of the Union, and put people in charge that have actually worked on a store level before, and it would be a good place to work. Hearing how the company has made record profits all the time and never seeing any of that success trickle down to the employees that are making those profits is very disheartening. As long as we get a pizza party every once in a while who cares about money right. I’m sure I can pay my bills with cheese and pepperoni.

No one receives full time, medical benefits you have to pay for. The Union does not really support you. I got along with most of the people but one person was an alchoholic on the job, a manager was power hungry and treated us as if we did not matter, a co worker regularly complained to the union rep, its a very childish atmosphere.

Challenging lighting in backrooms and long distances to timeclocks.

Meijer Traverse City is one of their biggest stores. The timeclock to punch in/out for shifts/breaks was clear across the vast building from where I worked stocking groceries. The stock room was inadequately lit in my opinion, so I found it harder to find and see items I was looking for. Management and fellow employees were nice, but, I'm sorry, the most enjoyable part of the job was punching out. I appreciated the opportunity, however! Thank-you, Meijer.

Starts off good. Then goes down hill from there . Management is not good. Workers get tired of being treated unfairly. Wouldn't recommend people t o work there.

Decent pay for workload

The job is easy and can be fun when working with other employees. Managers are understanding people and as long as you are a hardworking individual, you will do great!

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Meijer?

Easy, amateur if not elementary school compared to other warehouse type jobs

If you cant seem to wake up on time and get some sort of order in your life, dont go here. This is the basics. If you cannot make it here, you might as well not work.

days dragged and always ran out of popular items

it seemed like a chill gig at first but some people just made the days hard. the management especially. i would have my whole section to take care of and they'd come by every hour or so saying to fix up specific areas for better looks. i get making the store look its best but there should be better priorities. they could also do it themselves but instead call me over the loud speaker when i can see them from across the section. ugh

Productive and Fun workspace. Learning

Nice and healthy environmentGood work life balanceA lot of analytics is focused on.Learning environmenyTech tuesdaysWeekly tech talksManagers are niceEmphasis on building skills

Poor management that keeps wanting more

The job itself was pretty easy. Some of the long-term workers knew they could slack off and barely work and management would come down on newer people telling them to hurry up because there's more to be done.They started to push 1st and 2nd shift duties on to 3rd shift because they would regularly see the store director and complain that they were overworked. So everything gets pushed to 3rd shift because they have no one to complain to and no one cares enough to listen to them when they do.

Pros

Easy enough job

Cons

Poor pay, no advancement. No pay increase for 3+ years. Management really doesn't care.

They work you to death lol

You work from 6-8 days before you get a day off and if you want a weekend off you have to request it. You have to have your days off approved. Which is a pain sometimes. They sometimes put you in area that you might not know what to do or haven’t had the training for.

Pros

Weekly pay and great coworkers

Cons

Short breaks and online training schedules

Poor workplace

You will not get promoted and will get spoonfed minimum raises a very long in between time. You will be expected to pick up the slack for management/only people making livable wages. The cap out wage is not livable, even managers need to spend too many years before they see even slightly livable wages. Awful workplace would not recommend unless you are disabled/18 years old

Decent work, flex departments, mobility.

Standard grocery stock. Flex mobility with other departments. Few hrs in grocery, then freezer, grab some returns from front counter service. Standard stuff decent coworkers and managers.

Productive and great team work over all great place to work.

Pros steady work and at times easy days. Cons you will hear alot "that is not my job", but when it comes down to it just your average Job. Just keep to your self and communicate, rinse and repeat. Open door policy is great for communicating but theres always backfire to that. Once you do call out because of that policy, it makes for more conflict amongst peers. Besides that management is awesome, just work with your fellow colleagues even tho majority of them have that not my job mindset. You will see the rare few that do work and that do not mind helping each other out. Great place over all.

good coworkers but that's about it

they say they are like a family but its lies! also the pay for being first in the line of defense for anyone that comes through the door is laughable.

Pros

the coworkers

Cons

everything else

Not for the light hearted.

Give you more work that one person can do, have to get your work done and others. Barely were allowed to get breaks because no one would cover my department. Don't care about your health, makes you show up with hospital band and paperwork. And no leadership help, and we're biased on my personal life out of work.

Great pay but the flexible schedule is questionable

They pay good and will usually give you the hours you want. When I was hired in I was told after my probation period I would be full time. Well shocker I never got full time hours but for most of my first 6months it seemed I got to work as much as I wanted. After a year they continuously would only schedule me two days and just expect me to pick up the rest of my hours when they call me in. After a year of only being scheduled two days and being told it was going to change soon for 6 months i quit to persue school instead.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meijer. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Meijer