Medical Centre

Medical Centre Employee Reviews

Great start for a graduate nurse, just don't get stuck working there.

It was a relaxed place to work, however if you were by yourself it working there would be stressful. I had to drive a fair distance to go to work, which was inconvenient on my end. The pay wasn't also the best, since they didn't provide full-time roles. They only hired casual nurses.

Pros

Job was suitable for grad nurses looking for jobs, waiting for grad programs or other full-time RN positions.

Cons

Once you're there for at least a year, you're there in the long term.

Love my job!

Processing GP requests, preparing Medical Reports, Audiotranscription of clinical referrals, incorporating producing a clinical referral on SystemOne, booking the appropriate clinic and complying with protocols. Liaising with the patient on their preferences and reminding GP's of outstanding letters. Attaching to the choose and book with diagnostic support. Ensuring patients understand their appointment. Liaising with GP on any issues arising. Issuing prescriptions, medical information, booking appointments, outside agency appointments (Hubs) etc and liaising with allied Health Professionals within the Practice and Outside Agencies. Working with strict protocols embracing Diversity and Ethnic preferences. Continued professional development. Managing own practices, embracing workplace cultures including working with 'difficult people' establishing a good professional relationship with Team Members/Patients/Relatives. Most enjoyable part of the job, is helping people with hard decisions and complicated diversities to accomplish their requirements in a caring and professional manner. Going the extra mile to make a difference!

Pros

NHS Pension/Ever changing environment/Continued Learning/Working over 4 days

Cons

Difficult and Aggressive patients.

im working well

learned how to control my emotions cause im working with pregnant people,the management is good after all,i enjoy to work here ,it not bad place to be

Exciting

It was a great company filled with people That are very friendly in a way.we sometimes got tips and We didnt work on holidays and our salary had Benefits it was a great experience Working there.

Pros

Tips

Cons

Normal hours

fun workplace

taking appointments, answearing the phone, setting files, helping people with the language. It was a work experience from school so i had no salary, but overall I'd liked it.

good job satisfaction

I arrive for work and prepare for my shift by gathering my cleaning equipment making sure I have everything I need. I had great job satisfaction and was responsible for my own work load. The medical centre would close Wednesday afternoons, so I had no interuptions and got on with my job. the hardest part of the job was loosing it when the surgery closed in June of this year. The most enjoyable part was seeing the end result after my shift.

Pros

lovely staff

Cons

the job ended

Work enviroment very good,

I enjoyed working there, being confident helps being able to talk to anyone and everyone is a plus. Hours are long but it helps that the staff are a good bunch. You need to be flexible to cover in the case of illness or holidays.

Pros

Good working environment

Cons

Occasionally long hours

less work, nice place and environment

i am doing here night duty as a male nurse since last year, but i am not satisfied. i want some more work related to my nursing duty.

lively enjoyable atmosphere

i enjoy working at the medical center it is busy and there is always a job to do and my co workers are also lively and active and fun to work with.

Pros

free refreshments

Cons

busy hours

Nice Temporary Job

I loved working in Oswestry as the staff were so lovely and my mum also worked there so transport was no issue. I was given the task of filing the medical files and felt happy they trusted me enough to do this as these were personal files, so great experience working there would do it again if I could.

Pros

got to listen to my I pod while working

Hardworking

I would start the day off by making tea for the doctors and the staff. Then i would empty out the dishwasher before continuing on and start with the filing. When i had the chance to i would greet the customers in a friendly manner and ask them to take a seat until they were called by the doctor. I learned that being nice to people and simply putting a smile on someones face allows you to become more confident in yourself and whilst speaking to others. The staff were lovely and very easy to get along with, they were talkative during lunch and were very welcoming towards myself and all of the patients. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet more people such as the staff and being able to understand the way they organize files. I would like to state that this was not a job and i was not an employee but it was work experience.

place is always busy and productive

when the is a problem with the patients medical aid i learned to be patient all the time management was not easy but you survive my co- workers are hardworking and fun to work with to look for authorisation and the medical aid makes it difficult. everything part of my job is enjoyable

Pros

once a week

Cons

8am to 7 pm

hard work/ two position to fill

most enjoyed the different tipe of patients you meet and help. have a long lunchbreak. friendly boss. you have to be fast and accurate no space for mistakes.

Pros

off on public holidays

Cons

Making quick decisions under pressure

We usually have over 200 patients during a day. They show a great diversity of medical illnesses. My my work usually relates to outpatient care. During the time I have been there I learned the ability to be responsible for patients, handle the complications of a night shift, making quick decisions under pressure and trying to focus on more things at the same time. Sometimes there are patinets with bad mood and we have to be able to find the wright way of communication, despite of being tired or even frustrated. I usually enjoy communicating with the patient, learning new knowledge at medical field and when I am able to solve the patient's problems.

Pros

more free days because of working in shifts

Cons

night shifts, stressful job, long hours

It was a productive work place

It was a busy work place, I learned to hundle emmergencies, dispensing medicines to patients, hundle cash, the management was a bit fair, my co-workers were co-operative.

Pros

Free transport, Lunch, Beak fast and super

Cons

Healthcare

Fun and busy environment

Friendly staff and patients. Very busy office located in the heart of Brampton.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Centre. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Medical Centre