McDermott

McDermott Employee Reviews

Found 153 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,639 reviews

Demanding & Fast Paced Culture

Demanding & Fast Paced CultureMNC CompanyOpportunity to work in different areas\disciplines if you are luckySometimes lay-offs based on company situation and Projects

Pros

You can learn a lot in Projects and in Pressurized Environment

Company is good. But inside the yard big politic every officer sport to relatives

Safity is good company good also but inside the yard to much politic supervisor and engineers sport to relatives. Over time and other facilities only for favorite people in dubai yard

Pros

Accommodation free only

Cons

Yes short break health care and safety is good

Quiet atmosphere/manage everything without disturbing

It was an american company which deals with oil and gas projects. They make jackets and power station which are installed after digging at petroleum sites. They are very concerned about the employees regarding safety e. t. c.

Pros

Free Air Ticket

Cons

Short break

Nice place

Good working relationship is there and more good is a ethics department is good working there even supervisors can't abius with workrs good place for good work

Pros

Self food

Cons

10 hours

It is good to work in McDermott.

Its a very good company to work. They will take care of their employees. Very Good management. timely Salary will be deposited to your account. Employees are very friendly. safety at work place. good transportation facility. Very good clinic. over all good place to work. good company. I wanted to work some more years, unfortunately i couldn't....

Pros

Free medical, free transport, canteen facility.

Cons

confidential.

Need for major change

Company needs to hire people with talent and not people referred by family and friends and needs to give all the employees the same benefits if doing the same work. Nepotism needs to be wiped out from Mcdermott.

Pros

No one to monitor what you do.

Cons

Nepotism / poor managment skills

Exellence job and Good Communication with each other

Mcdermott is the most beatiful and stronges company that i see in my 28 years of my life thats why i am proud of this company verry suportive nice and carring to all of my co employee also The Highest possition of this Company is so verry Humble people if i see them i am so amaze to them because of there profesionality

Pros

Free food, free travel Fee, free Hottel if they need most of all are Free

Cons

12 hours of working everyday

you will learn a lot and become more competitive

Working in the company was exciting and a lot of hardwork as a new employee. I learn a lot from my senior colleagues. Work is fast-paced, after work is done, there's another work which is helpful to be more productive. I don't get much time to do personal things because I'm more focus on my work. But based on my observation, almost half of the employees, particularly seniors are laid back, don't work much, and more of chit chat to their colleagues. Most of the higher position also has redundant work, more on giving jobs under them. Politics in the company also was way too high. Some senior HR heads also was uncooperative and hard to please while some are very helpful. Overall, my experience working there was very productive for me because I gain a lot of knowledge and experience and had friends too.

Pros

free transportation

Cons

too much politics inside

Good company to work

Till project is available there is job security.I don’t Have any other thing to tell. Reset everything is good same like other companies. Good place to work. Good work life balance

Need to balance in work culture

The overall company has a system but its MNC believes in hire and fire at very fast rate. So, have to be all the time proactive and ready for the mental challenges for the execution of p.roject works

An excellent place for your career growth

Job is stressful with several deadlines, however, in terms of career growth McDermott is the best place to work. All you have to do is to get familiar with procedural requirements, once you have done that, your life at McDermott is bit easier.

Pros

Competitive Salary

Cons

Work life balance

Good

Mcdermott is words lorgest group. Salary & all benefits is high lavel and all faceltys is excellent. Employes safety is must. And menegment is very very honereble.

Productive and informative

The company is a fast paced environment and delivery of work / output should be on time and on target date. A multi cultural with high respect on female personnel.

Challenging and competitive work place

A procedure driven completely organised structure where each individual has clear view of his roles and responsibilities. A perfect project management model exists in the entire organisation.

Pros

Identifying and promoting talents

Cons

Fabrication facility based office so working hours may not be flexible

Productive and Fun place to work

CB&I is ag good company to work for, especially if you are looking for career growth and knowledge, working on site is a must in CB&I to gain strong construction knowledge. Career growth is good in CB&I, they treat the employee as a family and take care of your needs, also guide you for career growth.

Typical Workday

Everything with Mcdermott is professional. From security gate, IT, safety regulations and daily operations. You cannot ask for a better working environment.

Zero Tolerance of Safety

I admire the safety awareness and training on every individual working at the company. They help our daily activities easier and simpler. and it is not only at work but also outside the company.

Job insecurity

Too much fluctuations in manpower utilities, difficult to plan any personal commitments, too much bias based on language and nationality, lack of recognition of hardworking and performance.

Pros

Exposure yard activities

Cons

Nepotism

No career growth

Management is biased and career growth is stagnant. Hard work is not recognized and it comes down to begging and pleading for growth. Not recommended as a long term career option.

Good job

Mcdermott is a good compny if you are monthy employe Safety standerd is good for tha employe Mcdermott is giving Good facility for marine employee

Knowledge of Design technical staffs are very poor

Technical design culture is very bad as technical knowledge quality of employees are not good as a result too much of politics which detoriare the standards of engineering.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDermott. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• McDermott