Marsh & McLennan Companies Careers and Employment
- CEODan Glaser80%approve of Dan Glaser's performance
- Company sizemore than 10,000
- Revenuemore than $10B (USD)
- HeadquartersNew York, New York
Marsh & McLennan Companies operates through four subsidiaries. Marsh specializes in insurance broking and risk management; Mercer is a collection of consulting and services firms in the areas of talent, health, retirement, and investment; Guy Carpenter offers risk and reinsurance intermediary services; and Oliver Wyman features management, economic, and brand strategy consulting. The company provides advice, analysis, and transactional capabilities to clients in over 130 countries around the world. Marsh & McLennan Companies offers many perks for employees, including a "full nurse's office," "lots of great lunch options at the cafeteria, "car service home if you become ill at work," and "free dinner from local delivery restaurants if you work past 7 on any day." The company also provides a pension plan on top of 401(k) matching, as well as the ability to work from home, depending on the position. Employees find that management at the company is "extremely supportive," and there are "many opportunities to work with other teams on projects." However, Marsh & McLennan Companies is "a large organization," and "while this brings opportunities, it can also make it difficult to move to different positions."
We were not able to detect your location. You can browse through all 1 job Marsh & McLennan Companies has to offer
The internship at Marsh and McLennan was quite an enjoyable experience. I was very fortunate to have someone take the time to mentor me and help me learn about the world of insurance brokerage and the duties of the compliance department. My duties and responsibilities at Marsh included: amending regional policies in the company professional standards book, assisted with the creation of standard 'know your client' forms for regional clients, attended weekly meetings and assisted with mandatory training for lower admin staff, updated and maintained data incident and gifts & entertainment logs for the regional office.
I have enjoyed working for this company and I will always recommend it to others as its a nice place to work for and I learned a lot.
• Handled the complete accounting cycle, including opening, posting entries and closing of accounts and preparation of various accounting reports • Analyzed and presented data to management on Income Statements and Bank Reconciliation • Processed 50+ vouchers weekly and Coordinate with 50+ clients. • Key in all the accounts related queries in the excel worksheets. • Handled accounting pertaining to Payable and Receivables for the Company. • Debtors accounting, follow up and collection of accounts receivables. • Reconciled Bank Accounts and prepared monthly Bank Reconciliation Statements. • Maintained periodical accounting statements and presented to the management. • Handled payment, petty cash and receipt vouchers. • Managed to update day to day receipts and payments.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 2 questions about working at Marsh & McLennan Companies. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Marsh & McLennan Companies employees.
See questions about:
Insights from 14 Indeed users who have interviewed with Marsh & McLennan Companies within the last 5 years.
- Marsh & McLennan Companies