Lowe's Home Improvement

Lowe's Home Improvement Employee Reviews

Showing all 49,483 reviews

Fellow employees

Fellow employees are very helpful, and depending on their experience very knowledgeable. The building needs to be enlarged, as well as the ouside lawn and garden area.

Pros

Fairly amenable when it comes to work and off time scheduling.

Cons

Doesn't always hire enough staff

busy at some parts of the day, makes it hard to get things done aside from helping customers

I felt like I did not learn very much during the time I was there. The training program lacked many details about what the items were in my department, or how to use/sell the products. as a result, if a customer asks a specific question on how to use something, The manager would need to be called or someone informed enough on the topic. There weren't enough department leads so the departments had less people working in certain areas of the store. so without proper training and less employees in each department, It made me feel like whoever was running the store could not run the store with enough help on hand.

Expect too much

I love my job and my team, but the work/life balance isn’t there for a closing manager. I have a kid who I barely see through out the week, and I have to work one weekend day, so that stinks. The schedules aren’t great for managers.

Mixed opinions

My manager was great and a bunch of other managers too, but when you need to get something done in your department, they don’t schedule anyone to work with you.

Good benefits and PTO

Good place to work, they provide you with health and dental benefits if you apply, 401k as well and stocks. Management can vary but most are well appreciated individuals within the company.

na

The only good positions that are barely even good is fulfillment and cashier everything else ain't worth it. The management is horribleand too much drama.

Fun and new experience

It’s very fun. Learn new things almost everyday and deal with different situations. But it can be boring at times. Very slow and management kind of sucks.

great job!

Fast paced job. Make sure you wear good sneakers! Management was superb nice and very helpful in the learning process. Only complaint was working in garden in the heat.

Very patient in growth.

After retiring from construction and stepping to retail. The company is pleasure to work for. They do not micromanage but try to teach on a daily basis. Through diligent work and customer service. Anyone can excel.

Decent at best

As a cashier you often do quite a bit of work for below average pay. The company also tends to slack on making sure registers have enough coverage. Managers and other store staff are extremely pleasant and helpful but you are often asked to do more than you are paid for.

Its an okay job

Lowes is a fun and different job from most retail stores. Its enjoyable to talk to the decent customers and move products around with power equipment. But retail is retail bad scheduling sometimes working 9 days straight. Pay is pretty bad and management is okay. The main reason I still work here is my great coworkers.

Don't plan on this as a lifelong career if you work at corporate

The company often goes through realignments at the corporate office and will eliminate positions no matter how long you have given to the company. Then they go right back to the same model that they changed from. Position was eliminated and then almost exactly a year later it was reinstated.

Great benefits. Good coworkers

Pay is bad. Moving up is difficult if you want a set shift. Coworkers are great people but Store mgrs hands are tied. District level and above don’t care if you stay or go

An different type of work

Just make sure you stay focussed at all times and also you’ll have fun but don’t have too much fun because you’ll lose track of what you are doing in there

I enjoyed most of it

The team was good and the functions of the job were good and enjoyable. Management seemed to be involved enough to notice when people were doing well or poorly. Wasn't there super long.

Decent place to work

Good place to work but had poor management,pay was low,Management needs an update was good when i started but went downhill with new ceo,old days were better 10 years wasted

Customers for the most part

I met some great people and gave them good answers on how to find the items they needed and advice on many home improvement projects and my favorite tools. Theft of merchandise became a serious issue and as employees there was little we could do to prevent this. Some people got fired for trying to stop thieves.

Pros

Some good training

Cons

Low pay, tiny raises

Enjoyable but underpaid

Good work life balance. Growth is non existent unless you play the game. Good place to work, low pay. Lots of opportunity to move around. Large company with lots of conflicting leadership.

Lovely Place to Work

I loved working here but as a part time employee it just want enough to pay bills. Definitely would have stayed if I could have made a full time job work. Amazing Coworkers and lovely people

Good: Fixed schedule & no weekends. Bad: Low pay, more work piled on & on

The work is steady, tasks can vary so It's not mind numbing. Expectations change weekly while company focus remains clear.... earn more profits for company & shareholders. Work hours are cut below minimum so people have to cover multiple depts without any extra pay. Annual raises are mostly well below the yearly Cost of Living rise. Safety is a joke, probably the most unsafe place I have worked in 40 years. And Management is only there to get a paycheck and their bonus for your hard work.

Lowe's is a great company to work for. Good pay, advancement opportunities, good people, overall great customers. My store just personally had poor management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lowe's Home Improvement. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Lowe's Home Improvement