Lowe's Home Improvement Employee Reviews

Showing all 54,692 reviews

Depends on Store

Some things to keep in mind and do understand it varies between stores- No set/regular schedule- Managers are not terribly helpful- Very hard to advance

Pros

Free Lunches on special occasions, decent benefits

Cons

Varies, Hard to advance

Horrible people work at this location

Some people working at this location get away with horrible behavior while others are terminated for nothing. They do not care about the employees at all. Terminated a blind employee for being blind and unable to walk customers to products even though the employee had already worked there for over two years. No christmas bonus of any kind. Closed on Easter but unpaid for it. Insurance was amazing though. And under new management perhaps things will change but I have doubts

Pros

Insurance

Cons

Poor treatment favoritism failure to comply with federal and ada regulations

Busy

It was definitely a good place to work management has their ups and downs. I enjoyed the work and the customer but sometimes the requirements you had to meet our outlandish. But I did enjoy working here.

Good company, good benefits, pay was mediocre

I enjoyed the health bus that came around every six months. It was a welcome break from my busy schedule and it gave me a chance to focus on my health and wellbeing. They gave me lots of useful advice on how to stay healthy.But I have to be honest, the pay wasn't great. While the company culture was generally good, I always felt like I wasn't being compensated fairly for my work. It was hard to feel motivated and give my best effort when I knew I wasn't being paid what others in my field were getting paid. Despite that, I'm grateful for the experience and the friends I made while working there.

Customer Service

Overall I enjoy working for Lowe’s. As in any customer facing role there are regulars who make the day enjoyable, it’s nice to have those customers who seek you out because they have confidence in you.

Pros

Short commute

Cons

Standing all day

Good hold you over job

The work isn't terribly difficult. Coworkers are fairly friendly. Do you have a consistent check if you do the work that is expected of you, and the benefits that come even with part-time work aren't bad either.

They work you to death and cut you off

train you with with poor ways of getting things done & then fire you for how you was trained. no follow up on jobs done, lack of supervision and managment look down on you. cliques, they look for reasons to get rid of people who have worked for years & hires new to start the process over.

Physical work

You need to be physically able and your body will take a beating. Pay is okay but there are many other jobs that do not require as much work as this one.

Extremely toxic atmosphere and huge employee turnover

What is the best part of working at the company?Nothing the place sucks and has a toxic work place What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The management they have no idea what is going onWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very toxic and not customer friendly What is a typical day like for you at the company?It sucks to much stress from store manager

Loved it!!

The people I worked with were absolutely wonderful and did their best to make you feel like family. The time flew by. It was the best job I ever had for sure!

Productive and fun workplace.

What is the best part of working at the company?Working to help this company succeed and feeling confident in your position.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Working with the public because most of them are ungrateful.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It's a good atmosphere and coworkers are alot of funWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Busy and insightful. A learning experience

Worst work life balance ever

Severely understaff, The most unorganized place I ever worked. The only good thing is the fact that you don't work weekends, and you can buy stock at a discount.

Dysfunctional Management

There is a lot of 'throwing under the bus' and negativity. Most of the employees that has been there longer are used to doing their own ways whether it helps customers, co-workers or the store.

Flexible job

Lowe’s was always welcoming from day one. They are flexible with hours you may work. I made many great connections with coworkers while I was there. Definitely recommend this!

alrightttttt ig

Not bad, not amaze, nice during winter time bc it’s soooo slow. I made lots of friends but only bc we bonded on how much management wasn’t the best, wish it paid more but I digress

Corporate Mindset

Over the last few years they have only been about numbers. People have been flocking from the Installation Support Team due to the micromanagement and how everything is about KPIs and numbers.

It was okay

College town, so mainly college students. Feels like management micromanaged. If you’re doing what you’re suppose to be doing it shouldn’t be a big deal of what I do. Normal retail job.

Worst

Poor management and bad place to work overall. Only about one third of the people on duty are actually working. The others walk around and talk or on break.

Fun workplace

The people are what makes the store and job way better. It is a very demanding job and no work life balance. Too many demand and not enough work staff to get it done.

Complete lack of management/accountability

Manager missed over 40 days in 80 work day period, no consequences. No other management sent to relieve store either. Reset same aisle 6 times in 3 weeks due to 4 different levels of management wanting things done their way. You will have to change store locations for hopes of a promotion. Big influence of "pass the buck" culture, it's always somebody else's fault/responsibility.

Nice place to work. Management is typical. Good place for part time ; secondary job. Great benefits if you want to be full time You also get an employee 10% discount.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lowe's Home Improvement. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Lowe's Home Improvement