LifeCare Hospital

LifeCare Hospital Employee Reviews

Excellent

Management is good although the workload became more and more while the compensation remain as it was when I started maybe because of the fact that I am an outsource employee.

Pros

Good Experience

Cons

Not to expect compensation in return for an extra mile service I did

Great co-workers

Lifecare has some amazing healthcare professionals, pay is good, FT benefits are ok. There is a high amount of turnover among upper admin and management, which adds to stress. Upper admin also seems very detached from the reality of working the floor with actual patients. Sometimes the expectations can be very unrealistic. The work can be demanding but there are always new things to learn and I find it very rewarding.

Pros

Great co-workers, interesting patients, good pay

Cons

High turnover, physically demanding, unrealistic expectations from upper admin

okay

12 hours shifts, close management with good communication, fair salary. Coworkers feel like family and very supportive of one another. The hardest part of the job is the long hours, but I prefer 12 hour shifts

Calm place

It would be better to help patients with more technology. Older building, needs updating. Managers play favorites. Hard to get peomoted. No goals.need to improve by steps to be set ou. Managers dont show servant leadership. Expect people to be there even in bad weather but person who is already there mot asked to stay. Patients need better care, not modern place. Patients left unattended and no one around. Doctors only come for morning rounds. Dont see them after that.

Pros

Cheap lunch

Cons

No advancement

its nasty

no leadership, little staffpoor working conditionsits dangerous for the staff and patientspatients die there after a few weeks from mal nutrition

Very productive work place. There is no place like home. There is homely treatment herein. The working routine is friendly

A very good place to work. Very friendly environment with a strong productive culture. I have. Never been to a more friendly place. Very nice staffs and good customer care

Pros

Efficient

Cons

Hard work

Great Place to work

Decent benefits, but expensive. Pays well for SA. Get to use skills as RT and have protocols that give you freedom . Great teamwork,but some nurses call RT for everything.

Pros

Great RT Director

Great opportunity to work with medically complex patients. 12 hour shifts were tough at times but not much bad to say

I was employed 18 years at lifecare hospital. Had the opportunity to work in management, clinical, charge nurse and case management. It is high paced and very fulfilling. The staff is continuously receiving education with skill fairs yearly. Diverse group of nurses which provided pooling of knowledge for better patient outcomes. A typical day at work could be either stable medical patients or critically ill patients. Code team was designated daily and worked well together. OT, Pt, dietitian , ST, case management worked as an interdisciplinary team for each individual patient.

Pros

Family atmosphere

Cons

12 hrs

Upper management didn’t care about the staff needs at all.

I worked third so it’s normally a laid back environment. Only a few of the nurses were helpful others seemed to not care about teamwork. The upper management was not as involved as they should have been with staff in general.

Pros

Laid back environment

Cons

Lack of staff support.

Hard work heavy PT load and very lil help. Always have enough staff but most are lazy and won’t help.

The most unappreciated place I have ever worked. Some ppl think they are above answering call lights and complain when their PT needs pain medication. This place has gone down hill no standards anymore it’s all about money.

Pros

Cons

Call bells in the break room. No such thing as an uninterrupted lunch break.

Hands on managers.everyone in the Company was very helpful when needed.The Company provided workers lunch to show their appreciation. They also made sure we took breaks as needed.

Pros

Good pay and coworkers

Cons

Company closed suddenly

Is a great place to work

Life care hospital is the best place I ever work the nurses are great they as a team have have great experience working for Life care Hospital I really appreciate all the staff and nurses I really missed working with Life care hospital.

great place to work , friendly

I work and was able to advance with the company, this place help me successfully grow and I will recommend others to work here, how much experience do I have.

Good work atmosphere

staff & doctors are very co-operative, they are very patience and ready to teach you about the things you do not know. good communication between the departments for procedures

Pros

No interference in your work

Closed unexpectedly

Closed due to bankruptcy with only a few weeks notice. Most staff was left unemployed even though many people asked if the facility was closing since there were a lot of rumors. Management flat out lied about it

Good place to work while it was open.

LifeCare facility closed after 3 years. Management consolidated some services and patient locations. The consolidation eliminated the existing laboratory.

employment appreciation

always helping each other, no matter what your title was. doctors looking for better ways to help patient care and staff. to learn new ways of taking care of the elderly

Reconsider

Think long and hard about jobs here. Value your license, you worked hard for them.....The practices they have here are ridiculous. For the acuity of care, most of the staff is not prepared for it.

Sad location closed

Staff were very focused on patient care and team work. Very close knit facility. Enjoyed going to work every shift which can be rar these days. Shift to shift report was awesome and 24 hour nursing was a given because we all respected each other.

No matching 401k.no good healthcare.

Worked for 9 years.loved the skills I acheived.Lied to by upper ceos from coorporate who said we were not closing and closed our floors within a month.Stated they would place employees at other facilitys but that never happened for any of the closed centers.Did give severance to most employees.High healthcare .Ceos are. Lining their pockets and misleading. Staff.

Great company to work for.

Goes above and beyond to provide great patient care. Strives for excellent customer service to the patients. Great work family. Excellent job to learn and see new things everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeCare Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• LifeCare Hospital
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?