Liberty Healthcare Corporation

Liberty Healthcare Corporation Employee Reviews

It great working at liberty

I love my job but it's very unfortunate that I have to look for another job due to personal family reasons with my job schedule time/shift. I recommend every nurse to work with this company, there benefits are great.

September 25, 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to review Liberty and are sad you had to leave a job you enjoyed! However, we believe you wrote your review on the wrong Liberty page as we do not have positions in Springfield, VA. Liberty Healthcare is a common name, so we're often mistaken with other companies.

It’s just “ok”

It was just “ok” some staff are mean to the kids and provide a hostile environment for the kids. Staff make fun of the kids a lot. Some of the kids are treated better than others and it’s made very clear. Some kids stay way longer than they should (2+ years) the years I was there never saw any of them get any mental health counseling for their trauma. The only real professional they see is the one that keeps them doped up on meds

April 18, 2022
Providing outstanding care to children is a responsibility that Liberty takes very, very seriously. Since your feedback isn’t consistent with our organization’s high standards and core values, please contact Liberty’s Vice President of Quality & Performance – Robin Burkert at (800) 331-7122.

Awesome place to work.

I've been working with Liberty for the past couple months. They truly care about their employees and thrive on you being successful. I have felt nothing but support and encouragement. I'm excited to go to work what I do matters and I'm reminded of that and that feels awesome. I recommend Liberty to everyone. The training has been top notch! I love it here!

Pros

The PTO is amazing!

Cons

I don't have one.

April 7, 2022
Changing jobs is a big deal. Liberty is glad you took a leap of faith and joined our team - as well, we're pleased that you are happy with your decision. We wish you very many years of success and job satisfaction. It's great to have you on board!

Flexible and dynamic

Generally 8a-5p but flexible with family commitments. Provided a good work/life balance. Thought provoking work that challenged me everyday. Rewarding work where effective change is made. Remote work with some office time. Amazing co-workers. Loved knowing I was making a difference

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Constant changing environment

March 25, 2022
Your work impacted the lives of many people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities - thank you!

Liberty Healthcare has been my professional home for over 25 years.

I have been a part of Liberty Healthcare for over 25 years. It has been quite an adventure! I really enjoy the people I work with and I am proud of the high quality care provided to the people we serve.

March 22, 2022
Thank you for your many years of service to Liberty Healthcare!

Hired, Trained - Then Tossed in the Trash

I worked here briefly around 2019, during which I was hired to help work at a series of new homes in San Diego. I was hired and trained, completing all the certifications successfully without issue, with several years of experience in the field already. I was passionate and excited to work! After being trained, which took a few months to even begin to already, the company refused to continue communication with me and provide me with any work opportunities and hours for even more weeks. One day I woke up to find I was terminated, without so much as a call or consideration for the MONTHS of time wasted trying to work with them. Apparently they had been allowing everyone else to work AND hired more people during the time they were ignoring me.I've never been treated by a company like this; if you have any respect for yourself then I'd run before they end up wasting your time and efforts like they did mine. I just don't understand why you would fire someone passionate about trying to work for you?The worst part is the team they forced me to bond and become friends with suddenly being allowed to work while you get slapped in the face and kicked to the curb for no reason.

Cons

Wasted several months of my life, bad communication and management

March 16, 2022
Behavioral Support Professionals are highly valued by Liberty. Our organization strives to provide a supportive and collaborative work environment for all of our team members. Your experience was not clearly consistent with our norm - so we would like to hear from you directly in order to learn from your experience. Please contact Camille Tanner with Liberty's human resources team at (800) 331-7122.

Fast paced and rewarding

Team environment has greatly improved. Coworkers are very positive and helpful for the most part. Benefits need improvement. Small workspace with limited access to computers. Limited opportunity for advancement. Workplace issues are not directed to the staff who need improvement but communicated to all staff as a whole.

March 7, 2022
Thank you for all you do to care for people who have mental illness. Over the past few years, Liberty created several new leadership roles with our program at Rancho Cucamonga – giving our staff opportunities to advance, develop management skills, and contribute in new ways.

Rewarding and fun place to work.

I enjoyed my time working there and was sad when I had to leave because I moved. My coworkers were great and I enjoyed scheduling for the nurses. Pay was pretty good for the job I was doing.

March 4, 2022
Liberty is sad to see you move on. We appreciate your years of service to our organization and for scheduling very many nurse assessments for people who are in need of personal care services. Take care and please know you have an open invitation to come back to Liberty!

Amazing work atomosphere

Respectful to employees Approachable management Thorough training Amazing companionship Make you own schedule Autonomy License continuing Ed courses

Pros

Autonomy

Cons

Pay

March 3, 2022
Your everyday work as a Nurse Assessor helps people receive vital in home personal care services - which enables them to live as independently as possible. Thank you for all that you do in the service of others on behalf of Liberty.

Dedication to helping the people we serve

Working at Liberty has given me the opportunity to meet and work with extremely intelligent people, dedicated to serving our clients and finding new solutions to expand our reach. I am learning every day, seeing how the Corporate office works behind the scenes to ensure our programs are working efficiently. It is a pleasure to work with my supervisor, she supports my interests in growing with this company and she truly appreciates my contributions.

Pros

Opportunities for professional growth (certifications, continued education, etc)

Cons

A little more culture and employee engagement in the workplace

March 4, 2022
Thank you for all you do to support Liberty Healthcare's operations!

Great mission and values!

The team works great "as a team". Always putting clients needs and safety first. Client safety and wellbeing is always priority. Clients love the extra activities the team does for and with them, whether it's outside events ( farmers markets, outings) or in home activities.

February 28, 2022
Liberty Healthcare's mission centers on helping people achieve their goals - this includes our clients as well as our staff. Thank you for all you do to support your colleagues and the people served by Liberty Healthcare!

A company built on Quality and Leadership!

What an amazing company! C Suite cares about the people and the customer/consumers! Employees are more than co-workers, they are truly a team and encouraged to share ideas and concerns.

Pros

Leadership, Employee Engagement, Culture, Focus on Responsible Growth

Cons

Insurance Benefit options could be better.

February 15, 2022
Liberty Healthcare's servant leadership approach helps creates an environment in which our employees feel appreciated and empowered to give the people they serve the freedom to succeed.

Making a real difference in a flexible working environment

In just one year, Liberty has already made a major difference in the quality of supports delivered to people with disabilities. As with any new start-up program, initial challenges required the program to adapt, learn, and grow. Due to the Liberty Team's unwavering perseverance and commitment to quality improvement, Nebraskans with disabilities are reaping the benefits of promising and best practices. And the best part is there is more to come! Liberty is designing a top-notch quality management system for Medicaid waiver services in NE. It is so fulfilling to be part of an innovative company that supports their staff and a program that allows me to have such an impact working from home with a schedule that works best for me and my family.

Pros

Meaningful work, support from subject matter experts, professional growth opportunities, work flexibility, 13 state holidays

Cons

A lot of work, new program brings unforeseen challenges

January 27, 2022
Thank you for your ongoing commitment to serving and supporting Nebraskans with disabilities! You and your colleagues are positively impacting the lives of very many people. Keep up the great work - and please know that you are appreciated!

Busy place to work, however, the work is rewarding and you get to work with many populations

The work place culture has changed many times since I was there and it is work filled with many people who want to help the patients. It has a good team environment and you work with deputies, clinicians, psychiatrists, NP's, and all of the wonderful people who work at the jail. You have a variety of patients to work with including very mentally ill. It is a great experience to work with with so may populations and all of the crisis intervention that comes along.

Pros

Free food, safe environment, and good team work.

Cons

It can be stressful because of all the needs of the patients.

January 12, 2022
Thank you very much for your years of service to Liberty Healthcare and the countless people who you served along the way. Your efforts through the years have helped us create a better workplace culture and enabled us to achieve higher job satisfaction for our valued employees.

Company invested in its employees - as people, not just staff

While a moderately sized and growing organization, Liberty retains the feel of a family run company with colleagues interested in you as a person, not just an employee. There are a lot of opportunities for advancement for committed employees and the growth of the company provides opportunities for advancement as well as lateral moves.

Pros

Stimulating workplace with growing potential, A company committed to supporting and retaining talented employees.

Cons

Maintaining a work/life balance can be a challenge, The organization supports this, but there is lots of opportunities to continue working beyond the typical work day.

January 12, 2022
"Our greatest resource is our diverse workforce," which is memorialized in Liberty Healthcare’s core values statement. Liberty strives to provide ongoing opportunities for advancement to all of our hard working, loyal and skilled team members.

Liberty Healthcare Corporation has many years of experience and is a leader in the behavioral healthcare arena managing state contracts.

Work -Life Balance is strong at Liberty Healthcare. Celebrating successful contracts and contract retention while providing a quality service culture. Provides Leadership with annual training to improve skills and team members skills. Monthly Director's meetings to stay in touch with other program leadership and corporate updates. Solid technology infrastructure and software/application deployment.

December 23, 2021
The downstream impact of your daily work helps thousands of South Carolinians gain access to high quality mental health services. You are truly making a difference in the lives of others - thank you!

Four years and counting!

Overall great job satisfaction. Looking forward to a long future with Liberty. Company is doing great work and I am proud to be part of the process.Culture of respect and inclusion

December 22, 2021
Thank you for your years of service to Liberty Healthcare. You are truly appreciated!

Chaos

I was hired for a position based on a state contract with Liberty. The job (description) I was hired for was not the job I was expected to do for the first year. I was not informed of the transition from year one to two until 4 months into the roll. I read many reviews about Liberty before accepting the position - most were complimentary. After 10 months, seven of the original nine people hired for the contract, have left Liberty. Corporate leadership is very knowledgeable about the DD field; however, I do not feel the company is prepared for one offs or contract amendments/changes. I enjoyed my work at Liberty and learned a lot. I was compensated very well, but once things got tough, I feel leadership was unable to adapt.

Pros

Compensation was great and corporate leaders seem to have extensive DD knowledge.

Cons

Mismanaged, lack of transparency, roles are not clearly defined, local leadership was deceptive.

December 8, 2021
Liberty Healthcare truly appreciates your service to our organization and your efforts to support people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities. Your feedback is valued and helpful in our continuous pursuit of quality improvement – and please know that we are presently taking steps to enhance our program. If you would like to share more insights about your experience, please contact Kate Obert – Vice President of Operations at (800) 331-7122.

Positive work environment, dedicated staff, committed leadership

I have been with Liberty for almost one year working in the corporate office and could not be any happier with my decision to join this team. This is a company that truly cares about the staff, customers and most importantly, the individuals that we serve. The leadership team is open to change and continually looking for opportunities to provide superior services. My teammates are genuinely supportive to one another and maintain a level of enthusiasm that breeds positivity. It is so nice to work in such a supportive environment where everyone has a strong sense of pride in all that they do.

Pros

Collegial and collaborative environment, Everyone is committed to excellence not only within their own departments, but within all areas of the company.

Cons

No company perfect, but what is important is that Liberty truly strives to produce the highest quality services, ensure the work force has the tools that they need, and is continually learning and implementing change when warranted.

January 12, 2022
Liberty Healthcare is so very pleased that you decided to join our organization! As you noted, Liberty strives to provide the highest quality services. Simply put, "Quality" is part of our culture!

An Important Job

The Job as an APS Investigator is a loaded job to assist those in need. You must be quick on your feet and know resources in the area to ensure the safety of citizens. Do not apply to this job if you are not good with working under strict deadlines and stressful situations. You will work 60 + hour weeks to manage the documentation needs. You will be pulled to other counties to assist and you will put miles on your vehicle. You could be working 13 hour days depending on the reports received/how far away the cases are. Cases seem to be assigned all over the place spanning multiple counties. There is gas reimbursement but no reimbursement for the wear and tare on your car or if you are in an accident on company time.My supervisor was supportive. The overtime pay is nice. It can be difficult to have a work life balance. On call on the weekend is about every 10 weeks which is enjoyable.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Wear and tare on your car, last minute assignments

November 8, 2021
Thank you for your hard work and efforts to protect adults in need - and for your review regarding your experience as an Investigator with the Pennsylvania Adult Protective Services program.

Aps

Zero work / life balance. At MINIMUM I was working 50 hours a week. Most times over 65. Still only was paid for 40. My supervisor was HORRIBLE. Just an awful person. I literally worked on Easter Sunday about 9 hours. By far the worst job I've ever had. Don't let them fool you with how you can "make your own schedule". You can't...if you want any help. You'll be working all the time. I took over a 10k pay CUT willingly to leave this place.

Pros

I guess work from home??

Cons

Too many to list. Biggest is work/life balance.

November 3, 2021
Protecting people who have disabilities is a 24/7 responsibility – a responsibility that Liberty takes very seriously. Please know that Liberty recently made significant changes in our program structures to improve the professional / personal life balance for our staff and formally recognize work above and beyond the typical 40-hour workweek. If you would like to further discuss your former supervisor and experience working with Liberty, please contact Liberty Healthcare’s Adult Protective Services Program Director Kirk Golden at (800) 331-7122.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Healthcare Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Liberty Healthcare Corporation