Liberty Healthcare Companies

Liberty Healthcare Companies Employee Reviews

Liberty of Whiteville

Please do NOT go here if you value yourself and your nursing license. The amount of stuff done here that will out your license in danger is unreal, not to mention the management team. The MDS, SW, and admissions are great, however, the NHA and DON only care about themselves, stay in their offices all day taking about others, and do not care about their employees. The other administrative nursing staff are walked all over and can never do their jobs for doing the jobs for the NHA and DON. I believe it will be a much better place to be once these two are replaced.

Pros

Free lunch once a week, good support from some staff

Cons

Administration, no respect, pay, stress

When you work at Liberty Healthcare, you are part of a family.

Liberty Healthcare is a family-owned company with 145+ years of experience in the healthcare industry. The principle owners take pride in the family-oriented culture they have created and continue to foster with their employees despite the company's continued growth. When you work at Liberty Healthcare, you feel like part of the family. From my first day on the job, I felt supported and encouraged by my coworkers and supervisors. There is so much positive energy in the workplace. Upper management always leaves their doors open, and you can always pop in just to say hello or ask for help. I am so glad I found this company. They truly care about providing quality care to the communities they serve and I am proud to be part of the team.

Pros

Great PTO, health benefits and flexibility to work from home if needed

Great workplace with genuine caring people

I recently starting working at Bradley Creek Health Center in October and love the people I work with. The staff is so friendly and helpful! The residents are very appreciative of what we do and are the sweetest people. I have grown very close to so many of the residents and enjoy coming to work everyday to see my staff/residents. Great place to work and has great benefits as well! Very flexible and understanding job. I would recommend to anyone looking for a good environment to work in!

We are like a family

We all work together well. We enjoy our work and respect each other. Full time employees receive benefits, paid time off, life and health insurance, and you are able to purchases lunches on site if you want

Pros

insurance, Pto, benefits, lunches available

Great company with the support you need to be successful. I have been here 9 years. I started as a new grad LPN and was able to go back to school and get my RN while working here.

Great Workplace with an even better team!

I have been with this company for a little over 4 years. We have a team meeting every morning so that everyone's input can be heard and is respected by management on how to make our facility/lifestyle better for each resident. I enjoy getting to help residents and their families.

Pros

great support, family oriented

Growing, Prestigious company, Great Benefits, and Advancement Opportunities

I have worked for liberty senior living since August 2021. I am so glad that I am a part of the liberty family. I have been given autonomy in my position and have corporate support to reach out to when there is a problem we need assistance with. I can see myself working for this company long-term.

Amazing people.

Truly a great group of amazing people that are working toward a common goal of making someone's day brighter. The different backgrounds of the other workers and residents make it easy to learn something new everyday. Plenty of opportunity to move up by proving yourself. Short staffing does create some of a challenge

Great place to work and working with seniors is my passion

I have worked at Brightmore for 14 years and have never doubted this was my life-long career working with seniors. Brightmore is a great place to work; wonderful positive environment, great team, co-workers and residents feel like family. Management is very supportive and it is nice to see how the company continues to grow.

Extremely low pay.

Low pay. Receptionist supervisor micromanaged and was petty about silly things. Company really only cares about shifts being covered. They say they appreciate you but it’s just what they say to keep things working smoothly. Certain employees get away with bad behavior at work and management is either afraid or can’t control these employees which puts stress on other staff. The residents were awesome. I really loved them. I would not recommend a position with Liberty. I could afford the low pay because I was just a housewife who needed to work 3 or 4 hours a day to get out of the house. Most people cannot live on $11/hour which is what all the part time receptionists make. No growth opportunity.

The employees. We all were just like family.

Loved Liberty. Third time being an employee. I was let go because of the CMS vaccine mandate which I refused to take.Still a great place to work. Promise

Pros

Coworkers and residents.

Cons

Vaccine mandates.

Poor Management that cares more about filling in beds

I have worked at another Liberty building before and loved my job. I went to another building when I moved and it was terrible. People in management were clueless. They didn’t care about the residents. They just wanted to fill beds so they could line their pockets with bonuses.

Pros

Beautiful new facilities, great residents, decent pay

Cons

Management is not qualified, administrator does not want to help you succeed

Poor management

Management doesn’t care about staff or residents. DON rarely left office, and this was only to go out to the smoking area. Staff working 1/20 ratio, and management does not care to assist CNAs. If there was an issue with a resident, supervisor often replied with “they’ll be alright” when made aware of issue.

Pros

Residents are great

Cons

Management Pay

Environment would be productive and positive if the gossiping stopped.

You will be ostracized if you are not vaccinated. There are no religious or medical exemptions. You get information second hand from 'Legal Department" but you don't get a name of anyone in the legal department when you have questions regarding current rulings.Gossiping with the supervisor about other departments and specific employees are valued more than actual work performance.

Pros

Decent pay and benefits.

Cons

Does not respect spiritual beliefs of all employees, lots of gossip, imbalance of work load among employees.

Horrible company

Company that does not care baout employees or patients..worst decision i ever made to comr work for this company, no wotk life balance, management is all for the money, will fill 2 exempt positions, under one salary, does not go by the book and the facilities are run down, molded etc..30 mins automatically deducted from time everyday.

Pay

This place is nice and residents are sweet but the pay needs to be raised for Cooks, Diet Aides, Housekeeping and Laundry. We are viewed as the bottom of the totem pole not realizing that the bottom of a pole supports the top part!

Pros

The residents you meet are sweet

Cons

The pay is terrible and needs to be raised

If you aren’t a favorite, you’re SOL

If you are not a favorite, then you can forget about a good pay raise, bonuses, or promotion. There were individuals that said they came in at 7, but it was closer to 7:30, then took lunch breaks that were over an hour, then left right at 4, and nothing was ever done, despite the supervisor knowing. The favorites get away with a lot, while those that work hard get nothing. For the amount of work that is required every period close, the salary does not come close to being enough. My “yearly pay raise,” was barely 1%, which didn’t even come close to covering inflation, which in Wilmington, is insane. You use PTO for everything: sick leave, family emergency, HOLIDAYS!

Pros

No overtime, work/life balance

Cons

Salary, PTO policy, favoritism

Sucks

No support from management. Always looking for a scapegoat! Very unprofessional staff. Corporate not knowledgeable about regs!!! Would not want my dog to work here.

Cons

Poor communication, poor management

Care is focused on the numbers and the money

For being a family-owned business, it appears the numbers are what is most important for this company, with disregard to patient safety or employee burn out. This in turn leads to high turnover. The amount of work placed on every individual from nurse aide to executive director is unrealistic. To phrase one employee that passed through briefly, who had high qualifications and an eager willingness to work..."This place is about as organized as a bowl of spaghetti." Technological equipment is either missing or inoperable. For such a big company you would think that they could provide the resources for staff to be able to do their job efficiently, without having to scramble to find medical supplies or computers that work. There are some nice people that work there, but some attitudes just aren't have to par with what they should be in a profession that is supposed to be caring.... I would steer clear from this company, unless you just don't care. If you don't care, well then you will fit in just fine.

Pros

Decent benefits

Cons

Overworked, understaffed, missing or faulty equipment, lack of adequate medical supplies, some bad attitudes employed for a long time

Good company

Job culture is poor, management needs to learn to do things to improve the moral of the facility. Encourage positive behaviors and teamwork among the staff and team work.

Cons

Poor communication from management

The wrong people make the decisions

Overall a nice group of immediate team members to work with. Managers and section directors are generally great to work with. The workload is reasonable Managers are motivating and hands on helpful.The pay is reasonable unless the company has financial difficulties, at which time they will create a “voluntary resignation” situation to get rid of you and hire someone to do the same job for less money. The nursing facility staff is a problem. The DONs tend to be resentful and retaliatory against anyone with higher education than theirs. The DONs want to manage everyone and everything from schedules to medical decisions and diagnoses) which they are not licensed to do). If you speak out the DON and the building administrator will look for any frivolous thing to report to your immediate manager and request your dismissal with no option to defend yourself. You are not allowed to meet with the DON, administrator and your manager collectively to discuss issues openly.

Pros

Pay, benefits, mangers outside of the long term care facities

Cons

DONs and Administrators in the long term care buildings= untrustworthy, controlling, retaliatory, unappreciative, ineffective, “back-stabbers” for lack of better word

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Healthcare Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Liberty Healthcare Companies