Liberty Health Sciences

Liberty Health Sciences Employee Reviews

Good Job For Someone in School or Someone Passionate About Medical Cannabis

The atmosphere is very laid back, chill and there is no drama. It was very slow at times and hard to find something to do. My hours were cut drastically and I was only working 1- 2 days a month. Then it got to the point that I wasn't scheduled for 3 weeks at all and only worked 1 day the entire month. Everyone was always friendly and helpful if I ever had a question, since I was extremely new to the field and knew nothing. While everyone was always kind to me and nice, I did feel like the odd duck out and often times excluded from certain things. If you don't live near the cooperate office, you will have to pay for the background check yourself and they say it will be reimbursed after 60 days. I handed in my receipt and proof of the background check that I paid for, but I don't think it was ever reimbursed (I could be wrong). It's a fine place to work for if you're passionate about the field and helping people, but be aware of the inconsistent hours and the fact you have to pay for your background check yourself. It's really not a bad place to work and the management and coworkers are great people.

Pros

Discounts, very chill, coworkers around age, overall coworkers are nice and professional, and helping patients.

Cons

Slow Work, no hours and hours that were drastically cut, and had to pay for background check myself that I don't think ever got reimbursed for.

Shambles, what a s**t show.

Management only cares for Management, employees are expendable, and HR is there to get rid of employees, not help to resolve conflicts. There is no opportunity for growth, the things they tell you in the interview about trying different departments, and transferring is a lie. The cannabis industry is still very new & thriving, don't waste your time at a place that will not benefit YOU in anyway.

Liberty is a joke

They treated me like part of the team at my interview and when I was a new hire but when I was placed in cultivation in the shade department I was treated poorly and unwelcome with the people at work and they gave no direction on what needed to be done and they let other employees that were supposed to be leads were very tribal I never had sure footing with those I worked with and had no sense of purpose or any direction was treated like an outsider and felt like they wanted me to quit the whole time the whole experience was stressful and very tedious nor did I feel a sense of purpose at my job or any type of security

stay away

this is a very toxic company to work for. every review you see that mentions the terrible management is very very accurate . They will gaslight you about promotions and talk unprofessionally behind the very same patients they are supposed to be helping.

Pros

free lunch sometimes

Cons

poor managment

If you value your professional integrity, please look elsewhere.

If you’re reading reviews in hopes to justify wanting a job here despite the awful rating of the company, don’t do it. It’s not worth it. Management from every department treats everyone as if they’re worthless, and once you’re tired of criticism for not completing impossible department goals, they’ll make it their personal agenda to make your remaining shifts a living nightmare before you’re pushed to the edge and quit. Not even HR is remotely on your side. Expect managers to talk about you behind your back, no departmental structure, bias towards anyone 30+, no chance of promotions, no leadership, no training, and no feedback.The inexperience and unprofessionalism of management is baffling, as is what they consider “quality product,” which if you ever see in person will make you want to quit from the moral guilt that a medical patient will be consuming it. On the bright side you’ll meet a lot of interesting people considering the turnover rate.

Pros

An income

Cons

Unprofessionalism No promotions Unfair bias

Relaxing place to work but horrible horrible horrible management

If u like to show up to work everyday and have everyone yelling and screaming at each other and have a manager that’s childish and had no sense of Maturity but want to sell cannabis and get great employee discount this job is for you.

Pros

50% discount on everything

Cons

Not a healthy working environment

Management not held accountable for poor performance and unwilling to pass knowledge down. Would be nice to see a real uninformed GMP/ Auditor or health department show up for surprise inspection. Mold flower production that has to be turned into oil . Untrained staff, low morale working environment from management pressure. High turnover rate.

Pros

Northing really

No room for growth

No real room for growth.. even when trained and promised. Yet again another empty promise from another manager/managers only caring about themselves and their money. Smh!!

Never Again

No support, long hours,upper management is neve available when you need them. Lack of communication. Not a fun job. Ruined me on ever wanting to work in the cannabis field.

Toxic Work Culture

The toxicity in this company begins with the executive team. The Chief Operations Officer is prone to tantrums and exhibits extremely unprofessional behavior during meetings. Multiple corporate Vice Presidents with a dotted line reporting structure makes it impossible to get anything done. Ethics are a real problem here. Fun fact - There have been 5 different Operations Director over the past 12 months. Enough said. I wish I had know that prior to accepting their offer. The Junior management team is over titled , entitled and needs a reality check. No accountability in their DNA. Drastic changes are needed. No raises have been issued 3 out of past 4 years for hourly employees which has created resentment amongst the work force. A culture change is desperately needed but cannot be achieved under the current leadership. Avoid this employer. You have been warned.

Pros

Cons

Executive Team

A complete joke

Management is a joke. They don’t take you serious when you have a valid complaint. They let the wrong people get away with things and get rid of the people trying to do it the right way. The store manager in Lake City steals and they let her!

terrible place to work

they dont care about their employees.they will fire you without warning.products not suitable for consumptionnever have any products in stock that are on their catalog.

Pros

discount

This company will steal your soul.

Horrible upper management. This company treats its workers like cattle. You are so easy to be replaced. Doesn’t matter how much money your store makes for them; no recognition. Worst retail experience I’ve ever had.

Pros

None not even the cheap weed, it’s trash!

Cons

Every second I was in the company

Don’t put your name anywhere near here.

I was lied upon, allowed to work countless overtime weeks between the lies, and then without a heads up words from the mouths of others who shouldn’t even have jobs, were taken as law before I was ever contacted or let know a thing. They don’t value much hard work unless that hard work is directly giving them a day off or less responsibility, which is something this company loves to let slide down the hierarchy where the pay isn’t even half the same. Your job description has more than likely left a few things out. Good look into what is considered medicine in the state of florida though.

Pros

Benefits after 60 days if you don’t get cut

Cons

No sense of trust amongst coworkers.

Harvest/Proceeding department is the most toxic place I have ever worked

There were two shift leads and they were dating making the work place difficult. Management thought it would a good idea to hire one of the shift leads best friends into her department. Drama ensues, don't expect problems to be addressed. You bring something up and it's always "you should do something about that." As if leadership has no idea what they are doing. The place runs on rumors and the managers encourage it. You will not get honest feed back on your work and they will do everything in their power to keep you from transferring departments, because they feel it makes them look bad.

Pros

Discount on medical weed, health medical and dental were very good

Cons

Toxic work environment, favoritism, hostile at times

Stay away

I can’t stress the title enough, no work/balance. Often unable to take time off. No job security as most employees are treated like a revolving door.

Worst cannabis company

I’d never recommend someone to work here. The managers don’t know what they’re doing, the growth is favoritism, and instead of teaching/helping you they just yell at you and expect perfection.

Just do not do it.

So many things I’d like to highlight. Management does not care. Upper management doesn’t listen to store managers. Store managers do not listen to ASMs or TLs. ASMs and TLs don’t listen to liaisons/advocates/sale associates(this is basically retail, don’t get it twisted.)There is so much drama in these stores too. Managers leave early, take extended breaks, break all the rules, take tips for themselves, and unfairly distribute what is left. No one else can leave early or come in late or have a longer lunch than THIRTY MINUTES!!! good luck depending on where your LHS is, 30 minutes is the drive thru line at every coffee shop in a 7 mi radius! Anyone above an liaison/advocate does anything wrong? Good luck on that one. Managers refuse to believe their team leads and ASMs can make mistakes and then choose blame everyone else. The disgusting gaslighting that happens in this company is baffling. Straight up lying to and about liaisons. Offering to buy lunch to make it all better is not the answer, especially when the tips are used. The tips that aren’t divvied up and given to the earning parties, but held in the back where only managers can get to, count and verify them. Seems suspicious? They’re all in on it, purchasing lunch for each other using the hard earned tips of their subordinates, especially on your days off. Free lunches are the perfect cure for all the stress managers have been under while they exploit, deceive, and undermine their own employees.

Pros

Discount, free lunch if you’re lucky

Cons

Management, favoritism, gossiping, toxic environment

Do not get hired into the processing department!!

Many departments seem well managed and dont see to have a toxic culture. Processing is not one of those. Do you want to work with shift leads that date? then this is right place. If you want upper management that gives you honest feed back on your performance and what you need to improve on. Then DO NOT apply here. I havent ever worked at a more baffling place. Dont expect to see shift leads anywhere near the main work groups. Do not rely on management to take any concerns seriously

Everything is great at liberty, the people really make the job so enjoyable!

I love LHS, its like a second family. Everyone is there to work together and do their best. Like all jobs there are hiccups here and there, but overall it is the best experience in the cannabis industry I have ever experienced!

Pros

Great benefits, 401k, dental, health insurance, employee discount

Terrible work culture

I wouldn't recommend working here if you're passionate about cannabis. Terrible leadership coming and toxic work environment. The pay is terrible and HR doesn't care if you file a complaint against management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Health Sciences. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Liberty Health Sciences