Kindred at Home

Kindred at Home Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,345 reviews

Great Team Environment - Tremendous patient centered care

Work days are always busy! Constant communication between administrative and clinical team members. Hospice care is stressful but very rewarding!

Kindred or Center Well

This company has little concern about their patients or employees. They micro-manage their employees and only care about the money and bottom line. Do not believe their star ratings. If a patient gets 30 mins of a clinician’s time that is it. Their pay is low along with mileage reimbursement. If you are offered a company fleet vehicle, it is not to benefit you: Be prepared to take work home.

Pros

Cons

Unrealistic productivity at full-time, poor pay for time worked, not patient centered, micromanaged from upper management

Good Management that was always willing to work with me

Good support and training. I always had access to training info and never had an issue with communication. Really good at team building and making sure we had car stock and protection equipment during COVID

Pros

Good communication, good training

Great Team

I enjoyed my time at KAH. We had a great team, but unfortunately they decided to outsource coding. If they still had a coding team I would have definitely stayed.

Good place to work if looking for a part time job

The staff was good about giving time off when I needed it but the pay wasn’t very good and wasn’t getting enough hours to pay bills and had no benefits and no incentive for me to stay.

Horrible

Send you to very far places. Have you working for a lot of different people. Not enough hours. Call you almost everyday to give you new clients that come in on last second notice. Don't pay enough.

Fulfilling work

The work is fulfilling and coworkers are supportive. Turnover is very high and work-life balance is poor. Benefits and pay are decent. Recently being taken over by another company and hopeful that employee retention will improve. Company needs to make employees feel valued.

Yes productive and I learned a lot

It is a good company to work , I did one on one there for years then they started sending me to work on building with many other people helping 8 or 10 people on one shift almost for the same pay so I left the company

Pros

Cons

Short break

I liked the job, but the micromanagement....

I liked the job. My immediate supervisor was great. It was the management above that was hard to swallow. Constantly coming up with new ways to micromanage everyone. It was hard to get the immediate part of the job done when you were too busy doing the random things they wanted you to do on top of the actual job. When I presented actual fixes to issues, I was told that was "too hard" or "too much change". There was a large shuffle after I left and I'm hoping it was for the better.

High turnover with staff

High staff dissatisfaction especially with Branch director. Too many expectations in an 8 hour day with constant interruptions with unnecessary meetings and processes changes.

Pros

Cons

Too much favoritism too many meetings

Not my favorite

Wasn’t a good fit for me. Upper leadership doesn’t let clinical team make clinical decisions, very sales driven, which makes sense up to a certain point, but sales team should not be driving the clinical decisions.

Great company, poor management in region.

Great company and an exciting job but management does not and will not support you. They are also discharge happy even when your clinical judgement is to keep someone on for a little longer. No employee respect. Management in this office is horrible.

Pros

Schedule friendly

Cons

Poor management and no loyalty to employees

Corporate politics

This company is a typical corporate entity. The powers that be are seemingly far more concerned about their own pockets being lined, than the welfare of their employees and perhaps even patients. When they purchased us from the state, they took away mileage, they surprisingly paid holidays... for a brief time, but having taken away that one benefit in the other states, took it here too... in the interests of equality, of course.They recently began paying out a few bonuses, but other benefits are non-existent. I do not count 401k, as most like myself cannot afford to contribute to it for the future, since it takes every penny to just get by. I don't count insurance, as the required hours and expense make it impossible to many of us. No paid holidays, vacation time, personal days or PTO. No mileage. Most of my clients have been a blessing to work with, and I've made some close friends. It's a living, but not by much. I regretfully can't really recommend this company to anyone.

Not Worth It

HIGH turnover, micro management , poor clinical manager, profit driven not patient driven. Low standard of care—-excuses made rather than changes.

Productive and Fun Place To Work

Upper management is very supportive and understanding they make sure you have the things and tools you need to thrive in your job. Overall it's a better place than it was 4 years ago.

Company is shady

The comapny backs BD's no matter what they do to their employees including physical violence and segual harrassment. Branch director physically assaulted me and seggually harassed me to the pont of leaving. I should have filed charges.

Compassionate, Caring, Team

Our staff is very passionate about giving our patients the best care. From the managment staff to clinicians we work together to provide for our patients. We have good benefits, comparable with other companies.

Pros

Great staff to work with -- flexible hours

Cons

technology is slow

Not employee focused

While working for kindred at home, there was always talk about the bottom line instead of about the clinical safety and well-being of the patients and the staff whose caseloads were huge. Very corporate feel. All about productivity.

Pros

Excellent Rehab Directors

Cons

Corporate feel, very political

Volume, volume

When I worked there, we accepted every referral regardless if we had the staff for it. Coworkers were great but it was about volume more than patient care.

I wish I could give this company a -0

Management is HORRIBLE!! There little to no training and management never takes the accountability for anything they just find someone else to blame.

A wonderful choice of a company that does not care about employees

The most disorganized, unsupportive, disjointed leadership with love for one way communication. Horrible HR/payroll/EMR systems. Leadership has not real connection to real life and no respect for people they hire. No work-life balance.

Pros

Wonderful people in the office

Cons

Everything else is negative

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred at Home. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Kindred at Home