KeyBank

KeyBank Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,098 reviews

High stress

The workload is extreme, staffing is scarce, expectations extremely high. Micromanaged and too many processes added on top of processes. Too many systems to keep track of everything. You can tell the top just keeps thinking of ways they can produce numbers but in reality it is bogging down the bottom lines for the front line workers.

Great Place to Work

I have been here a little over 2 years, working from home and I love it. The management of my team is awesome. I am on track with all of the goals I set for myself when I started with the company.

I love it!

I love it! They really care about their employees. Everyone on my team are very helpful and kind. We get pretty frequent pay raises and a bonus at the end of the year.

A ton of work

High turnover rate. No room to grow. Overtime is usually required. Hard to have home work balance. They want you to pump out work as fast as you can for 13 hours a day.

So great!

Great company that cares about its clients and it’s workers! Loved working for key and wish they were in the town I moved to so I could’ve continued working for them!

Lots of Opportunity

There’s no shortage of work or projects to go around. The culture is supportive. It feels very reactive at times vs proactive. Your experience depends on your manager.

Good company

Upper management is friendly. Company tries to support your succes. There are cons and pros but overall, it is a decent company. I left there because of my micro manager.

Unrealistic sales goals

Retail banking is not going anywhere. KeyBank has unrealistic sales goals for bankers, but that’s common across the industry. Turnover is extremely high.

Okay place

Key Bank is a friendly, family oriented bank, very focused on client experience which is great! Worked there for a few years and I’ve enjoyed the friendships I’ve made throughout the years both with fellow co-workers and as well clients. I frown upon how it feels theirs no room for growth. Teller lines have become shorter staffed , demand on transitioning client from teller to banker when there isn’t the support to take the time to discuss and converse with the client on what you want to inform them on. Branch manager in the branch I was in was bad. Had expectations but never gave guidance, didn’t feel there was opportunity to grow or learn more than what I already knew. I’m the beginning I felt didnt about Key but towards the end I felt I’m easily replaceable, not needed.

Awful company

If you’re looking into a career at Key, STOP. Management is awful (at least at a branch level).Their staffing model is garbage. If you’re a Personal Banker in a busy branch, expect half of your time, or more, to be spent helping out on the teller line. How will you his your metrics while being on the teller line, you may ask? You don’t. Then they get upset because you aren’t hitting your metrics. In my branch we had 1 FT teller, and the rest were PT, and it was usually 2-3 tellers MAX at a time. Opening the branch? You’ll probably only have 1 teller, meaning you’ll probably also be on the teller line, especially if it’s the 1st/3rd or 15th. Just don’t do it.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at KeyBank?

Good place to work for, great benefits, flexibility in most positions

Keybank is a great place to work for! Benefits include 3 weeks paid vacation per year which includes sick days! Paid holidays, 401k, health, dental and vision insurance. Some jobs are remote (work from home)! Very much focused on production! If working remotely, you may never meet your manager which can be hard due to no consideration to time differences in different states.

Pros

Flexible schedule, good benefits, good training

Cons

micromanagement, focused on productivity vs. quality!

It was a good place to work low pay tho.

It was a good place to work I enjoyed my coworkers. Pay was low and but health benefits were good. Customers were friendly. It was a lot of information to train and retain.

Fun and productive workplace

Great leadership, fun and productive workplace.Great work/life balance, benefits, plenty of PTO has well.Many opportunities to advance you just have to put the work in!

Really good people, room to grow (but can’t speak for branches)

My experience has been really great and I’ve had the opportunity to advance quickly. I think it’s a really good place to work, but I can’t speak for the Consumer/retail side. I think that’s a much harder environment to be in.

Pros

Pay is decent, treated with respect, lot of room to move up for good people.

Cons

Health insurance has high premiums and high deductibles

Everyone is pretending to like you

Don’t be duped by this company. Especially in the Lehigh Valley. They keep all the awful troublemaker employees. The people who work the hardest get the least recognition. The amount of work required does not equal the pay they promise. Look up non-licensed banker compensation. It’s a joke. They will tell you they’re not making you sell credit cards and loans to seniors, but they are. Not worth the amount of stress. Management will always blame you no matter how hard you work.

Micromanaged

My first department closed down and my second department hired too many people during the pandemic and we were laid off right after. The mortgage department is very micromanaged and scripted with the new management they have and over time no longer exists in that department. So If you stay after for five minutes you must take a longer lunch you cannot have five minutes OT. It used to be a fun job until the new management took over now it’s very stressful and not fun at all.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Micromanaged, listens to personal calls between employees, no OT

Key has great benefits and has a good work/life balance

Is a good place to work. The benefits are pretty good as well as the PTO days given. Management does seem to listen to the employees regarding their wants and needs and seem to adjust various company policies in that regard. Upper management at times can be difficult to manage their expectations on things but overall the majority are easy to work with and partner with you.

Benefits

Cons

Can be difficult to get promoted

Your standard, run of the mill, ill informed retail bank.

TAKE A JOB FOR THE MONEY, LEAVE FOR A BETTER COMPANY ASAPI saw an Area Manager visibly and vocally upset people left work following the company's COVID-19 protocols enforced by their own HR. Why? It impacted sales goals of course.No one should be verbally abused or demeaned by fossilized team "leaders" lifting up a company that uses computer programming from 80's.At that point, it was clear as day they didn't care about any staff member's safety, only their bottom line.Play the corporate game or no one likes you, per usual.The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving.TLDR; Use this place as a stepping stone and nothing more.

V As many businesses are very busy, there sometimes isn’t enough time to check in with all of your employees on a personal basis. Although they are getting the work done as a team, you might not be sure how they are progressing individually.Take the time during a performance review to set out some personal goals with the employee and talk about their role in the wider scheme. This will give them something

Not a bad place to work

Great benefits with the ability to earn extra time off if you meet your goals. Salary not the greatest though. Also it can get stressful as training can be a little lacking at times.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Average pay and high call volume

Productive and fun workplace

Management is great. Pay is promising. Great benefits package. Convenience of working remotely and not having to travel in office. Weekly communication work management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KeyBank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• KeyBank