IHG Hotels & Resorts

IHG Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates272 reviews

Found 272 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,589 reviews

Workplace

I m joining only two days but I feel like a working so many days because there are everyone as a family so I m very relaxed and I m so happy and i also accommodation is very good and very famous place in adudhabi 😊

The best learning experience!!

The company is dedicated towards the development of their employees via conducting various in house training programs and that helps make their employees achieve perfection in their designated jobs.

Good brand and good service,great hotel and guest love

intercontinental hotel is the best brand hotel and best hotel in the world.so many nationality people work in this hotel and this hotel giving good good facitility for guest and staff .

Hospitality global leader

IHG is one of the greatest global hospitality companies. I started my career with IHG in Dubai as a member of Pre-Opening team at InterContinental Dubai Marina and worked with this company for almost 3 years. During this period of time I got promoted twice and had a chance to do the cross-training in Finance.

hospitaly polite honest and hard working

i need a job to earn money i will do my responsebility be polite to the costumers im a hard working and i accept the overtime thats part of my job respect each other my co worker

Eventful workplace.

Being a hotel there was constantly something going on and everyone in the office was very proactive. The teams worked like clockwork from the cleaning staff to the managers. This environment was ideal for people who needed to learn how best to work in high pressure situations. Most of my fellow staff members were enthusiastic and wanted to work well and hard every day.

challenging environment in season's peak, diverse nationalities,

The Company in general is a secured employer but growth chances are limited due to so many technicalities. Fun to work and personal time are being considered.

Nice enviroment to work

its a Thai seafood restaurant and with 10 staffs of front of house with about 150 covers and 10 kitchen staffs to deliver the service to the guests we serve like buffet style guests come and pick up the item they like and choose the type of cooking then we serve to the guest

Great guys bad managers

All in all working for InterCon Abu Dhabi is good, except for a very low salary and long working hours. Managers are strict. But some are adequate. Collegues are very nice. most of them are supporting when we are new. But the accomodation they provide is worse than a shelter provided for homeless people. Dirty, old furniture, millions of cockroaches, stinks like a dead skunk, congested.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Low salary

Good place to work but not a good managmemt as compaired to other hotels in uae

Its good to work here friendly environment and your HR team going to support you very well. You might find not good managment here but other than this everything is good

Pros

Free 3 time meal, free accmodation

Cons

Long working hours because of less number of manpower

Very good

It is one of the hospitality industry to work,they provide very good support to work with friendly environment they will provide you to move your career opportunity with your effort in your work.

Pros

Meal are provided nice

Cons

Sometime flexible working hours if long they will pay as per ot

Good place to balance work and social life

Good place to balance your work and social live. Ample of opportunity to grow within the company . Supports employee development through training programs and orientation .

Pros

Food, housing, medicals

Perfect place to work

i really enjoy the company and my position .the best 100%. al way supporting and helping management . every year staff party every month staff appreciation

Pros

lunch Free and transportation and accommodation

Cons

full health insurance any time you can take break

disgusting company

don't work for it!!! they treat people like slaves with disgusting salary and working hours. biggest mistake is work for them, don't do that unless you wanna fell really upset every day.

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

Executive housekeeper

Supervises all housekeeping employees, hires new employees as needed, discharges employees when necessary and take disciplinary actions when policies are not followed. Evaluates employees in order to upgrade them when openings arise. Plans the work for the housekeeping department and distributes assignments accordingly. Assigns regular duties and special duties for housekeeping staff. Schedules employees and assigns extra days off according to occupancy forecast. Maintains a time log book of all employees within the department. Recruit and train new employees. Assigns new employees to work with experienced help. Checks on the work of these employees occasionally and observes the report made by the supervisors. Approves all supply requisitions, such as those for spreads and bathroom rugs. Maintains a lost-and-found department and is responsible for all lost-and-found items. Determines the rightful owner and send correspondences. o Responsible for cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of the entire Hotel. o Ensure that rooms are made as per company standard. o Prepare Annual Housekeeping Budget. o Maintain par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, linen and uniform. o Organize inventories with Accounts and General Store for linen, uniform and fixed assets. o Pay particular attention while organizing pest eradication activities. o Develop and implement Housekeeping systems and procedures o Prepare reports for management information. o Assist Purchase department in selecting suppliers for items related to Housekeeping. o Plan, control and supervise Horticultural -

Pros

Family package

Cons

demi chef in intercontinental hotel

A good management system is in intercon quality of food and service best iken for intercon .to good environment to working area all chefs are helping mentality.

Letter head

I do, dealing with the guest inquiry over phone and email, learned how to deal any guest complaint. My daily work, doing rooms, and restaurant reservation, one of the hardest part was how to manage a guest with high temper of a tough guest when they dont find the their high expectation from the Hotel as a 5 star Hotel. Best past was when you received an appreciation from the management, being an winner a employee of the month and being promoted to the 2nd level of your career.

Team di lavoro

Ho avuto la fortuna e la capacità di lavorare nell'INTERCON e ho trovato un meraviglioso e stimolante team di lavoro

Gentlemen and ladies atmosphere

A well-organized workplace Organizing VIP events like Butler service for Heads of States Good rapport with management and employees Good training facilities for development Hardest part - Managing events like GCC heads of States meeting Enjoying the respect and team spirit.

Pros

Good rapport with management

Cons

Getting stuck in same position

Productive and knowledgeable

IHG Company is one of the prestigious company with the branded hotels delivering best services in hospitality. Aside of having best services to their Guest. They also giving chance to all of their worker to grow.

Pros

Free Transportation, accommodation and food.

Cons

long hours of work

Educative and fun place to work. With different nationalities and learning from cultures all around the world.

Working at IHG a big brand with lot of hotels around the world has enlightened me to meet people and empowered me to solve day to day issues. The management is one in a million and they will do anything to make the colleagues happy and reach their careers in the hospitality industry. Faced an issue where a guest had requested for an early check in and we were fully booked for the last night.Guest was so furious as his reservation was from last night and he wanted to have the room ready upon arrival.Upon seeing his emotions i listen clearly without interfering,then i empathize with him as if i were in his shoes i would have act the same way.Then i apologized sincerely for the inconvenienced caused.Immediately i spoke to the house keeping colleague we allocated a room for the guest immediately and i offered the pool area for the guest if he would love to change.I provided him with a drink voucher and later i spoke to my manager and we managed to give him a complimentary dinner and he was truly satisfied with the kind and swift way we delivered a solution to his problem. The best part is team outing and bonding.During this time all your stress both work and home are forgotten about we visited the palm Atlantis and one ride could carry all your troubles away.It was just so memorable and finally a drink up and barbecue to end a lovely day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHG Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• IHG Hotels & Resorts