IHG Hotels & Resorts

IHG Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Front Desk Agent106 reviews

Found 106 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,659 reviews

Fun loving as colleagues are very friendly

Best place for a fresher. Nothing to learn as old property and is being run with the old system . One cannot bring any changes. Lots of guest complain about old property.

Pros

Colleagues friendly relation made this place better

Cons

Nothing to learn

Decent place to work... easy culture

I've been at this company for almost two years, and I have to say it's been eventful, from management playing favoritism to the work environment not being too safe nor having management support when needed. During my time here, the company has shown many signs of being cheap and dishonest, yet I've stayed because of the location's commute convenience. While another company has newly acquired our hotel, since then, the newer management team has been making aesthetic changes and some operational, its the same lack of support as before. So lately, I am becoming ready to move on. Perhaps, I'll stay with IHG resorts with the parent company owning the hotel property.

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

Lack of management support

good

it’s a nice environment, friendly staff and management, atmosphere is relatively chill, very understandable and takes time with training new talent.

The job is great, the job with this company is disappointing

Customer Service/ Hospitality has always been a passion of mine. It’s Exciting, fulfilling, rewarding etc.! I strived to always do more than what was required of my job title and not once was my hard work and dedication to this company acknowledged. There is no opportunity for advancement. The companies policy in my experience seemed to be “ask me again after you’ve been here a year” No incentive to perform beyond basic job requirements.

Pros

Health benefits, employee discount

Cons

No breaks, no lunch, expected to cover shifts with no notice

Good and Bad

Liked the job . Enjoyed the guests, best part of the job. Did not like management. They treated the employees pretty badly. Pay was horrible. Worked holidays with no holiday pay.

What is the best part of working at the company?Meeting New People What is the most stressful part about working at the company?No have available roomsWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great Super Amazing What is a typical day like for you at the company?Super excited

Overworked and Underpaid

Always expected to do more than what you're hired for, not very good about promoting from within. IHG policies don't match with training, training videos not available in Spanish.

Okay job

This is a complacent job. The pay is close to minimum wage. Poor corporate management. They were understaffed a lot, and i had to cover other peoples shifts.

Productive Place to work and the leadership works well with your schedule. I never had a bad experience. I’m a team player and I’m a people person.

Love IHG hotels and the staff is wonderful during my stay and as an employee. You can request any amenities, if it’s available the staff will get it.

Pros

Teamwork

Cons

Healthcare for Employees

Loved it

Staff here is lovely, especially management. I would work here again in a heartbeat. Everyone works hard and looks out for each other , regardless of department.

No room to grow

If you are looking at career growth, stay away from this company, especially union properties. IHG promises room to grow, but there is none unless you are liked (you can be bad at your job), everyone who left the company before me is thriving and working for better hotel brands with better benefits!!!! If you are stagnant and want job security then union position in this hotel is for you. This company has lost many good employees because they cannot grow. Internal transfers get declined and good people leave for other companies and get exactly what they wanted. On the other side this is the easiest place for people from the outside to come in and get a title.

not good

Don't do it!!!! Don't even waste your time or energy! They play favorites and take total advantage of your time. This place is going to the pits in a hand basket !!! Terrible manager where I worked. Talked to people like they were 12!

Pros

Free breakfast.

Cons

bad supervisors

It was an ok company to work for.

Overall I enjoyed the work. However management seemed unorganized and it was hard to get time off when needed without just switching shifts with someone. Pay wasn't great.

Pros

Free lunch. Discount at cafe. and discounted parking.

Cons

Turn around shifts possible. Low pay. High workload.

Customer care, hospitality industry

- share and mingle freely - enjoy trips and tour tourist destinations i.e London - given opportunity to do further studies- Have exchange program and benchmarking

Pros

Free meals and drinks

Cons

Less overtime for

Management makes or breaks a hotel

The people I worked for were not motivated to see the hotel succeed. Covid has put its foot down on hospitality’s throat I understand but you can tell when behavior is a pre-existing condition. The general manager was looking forward to her next job and the office manager as well meaning as she was is not up to task. The coworkers didn’t care and had no incentive to and the training consisted of “look at the book”IHG as a parent company is a bit ridiculous... they could streamline the whole thing and make it so much more effective. It seems like every thing you do takes 25 steps.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management and operating system.

Overall Decent Company

The company itself wasn’t terrible. It was just the location that I worked at. The job is extremely easy, they’re very flexible with your schedule and they try to work with you. The pay is decent depending on where you live.

Truly loved working here pay and benefit package is amazing.

As a military veteran who had the honor to work here. I truly felt valued as a member of a team as well my co workers and management made a huge difference at a relaxing and enjoyable work environment.

Pros

Pay is good, benefit package includes health and 401k plans. Management is always ahead with scheduling.

STafford

I enjoy my Job and my management they are extremely supportive and understanding, the pay doesn't seem equivalent for the work preformed but that's out of managements control.

Pros

supportive team members and management

Cons

pay

Poor management

Management VERY unprofessional. Does not handle questioning situations accordingly. Worst front office managers I’ve ever witnessed. Security, Reservations, and food and beverage departments are okay. Front office is a mess and don’t know what they are doing.

Worst company

Racist, management are the only priority, customers well being as well as minority employees are not. Selfish lousy pay. Wont help and minorites will never advance here

The worst toxic environment ever.

I always heard of greetings about this hotel but once I started working it was a totally different story. Everyone sees you be bullied picked on and outed and targeted but nobody does anything to stop the mean bully they encourage and support negativity. The managers will lie to you you'll catch them in lies call them out on it and all they do is deny. Horrible managing skills favoritism and by sender effect the worsted toxic environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHG Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• IHG Hotels & Resorts