IHG Hotels & Resorts

IHG Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,659 reviews

Good company overall

Good to work with. Overall, it is a nice company if you begin your career. Nice accommodation. But you live with a roommate. Below average meals. Difficult to get a promotion. Low wages. Nice people overall. 5 start hotel. Discount on its restaurants.

Pros

Nice accommodation, salary is on time, training

Cons

low wages, meals are below average, difficult to get promotion

Relaxed environment but poor pay

A decent work environment with 0 emphasis on guest satisfaction and entirely focused on points for memberships. The job was otherwise on the more relaxed end with a very strict outlook of the separation between managers and regular employees which creates a slightly toxic environment.

Excelente ambiente de trabajo

La hoteleria, es la cuspides del trabajo como cinero, se aprende muchisimo, se adquiere experiencia invaluable.

Pros

Si

Cons

Los problemas politicos, te dejaran sin pega al instante

Great job, good people

I worked for them for several years and really liked the job. They closed down the call center but I'd return if they reopened. Great job with great benefits. Especially the discounted hotel rooms.

Beautiful hotel but has issues

Although this hotel is gorgeous, and you will gain experience and learn. They treat the workers just like they a disposable machines. They may replace you whenever they feel.

Pros

50% of the food/bev and 50% off for friends with you

Cons

Hard work, treated like a disposable machine

Meh

Pros:- Fun workplace- Diversed culture- Career growth- Hotel benefits and perksCons:- Low salary- Upper management If you’re planning to work here. Just stay for like 2 years for experience. There’s a lot of better opportunities outside this company who offers bettter compensation.

We are one big family not just employees but the guests as well!

Great to have work with them I will love to work for them again. Working with many different ethnic people and learning different languages . Was very nice.

It was a job

it was a job. Get rid of the market most guest take ten minutes to figure out what they want and then complain to me about the prices. or complain about things i cNT CONTROL

Se trabaja con mucho entusiasmo y el ambiente es muy agradable

Yo trabajé en el IHG Intercontinental Hotels Medellín y siempre me fue muy bien, lo hice por 9 años y medio

They offer WFH set up jobs

At first my friend told me that the people at IHG were friendly and kind but it is the opposite of my experiences. During my training, the trainers and support were friendly and kind but when I got deployed to the production, my TM kept pulling my call scores down and even mentioned that when you got 2 dsats you need to have 15 csats and he kept on pressuring his agents to gather alot of csats to have a team fund. I was very stressed during my time and under his management

Pros

Good paying salary

Cons

Toxic Team Manager

Stressful company

No job security. After passing your probitionary period the stress won't stop there. Too many expectations for the employees with the least compensation.

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

No job security, stressful

Safe and very clean place

Any submissions rate and position you got at the first day would continue to end except if you have someone who support you, so it doesn’t how much you job is good or bad. Find a supportive referral first then apply for this job.

Ambiente de trabajo pesado

Es un ambiente de trabajo pesado no se dirigen con respeto a nadie

Fun Co-workers but terrible use of IT and Technology

good colleagues but low pay and poor support from IT and use of technology.Does not provide laptops (2 years since the pandemic started)Low payOffice space is too old

Pros

Employee discounts to hotels worldwide

Cons

Managers are not knowledgeable and poor use to technology

the work environment is good

well the experience is good you can learn alot interms of sales but the only problem is just the salary is not that good but the enviroment is non toxic which is good

Pros

nothing i can think off

Cons

low salary for sales and incentives are not well explained

Good

Not good hotel .. banqueting team is not good, they are bad in behavior with staffs ,very log duty hours , less salary , very much frustrating, no one join crown Plaza Rohini New Delhi, please

A hellish place to work.

The only positive thing I can say about being a barista at IHG Edinburgh was that the pay was good and most of the team are lovely, other than that my experience was terrible. To start the coffee shop is always last on the priority list when it comes to care from management, therefore it was always left understaffed, understocked and often completely closed for no reason other than they needed extra staff elsewhere, so only apply for this job if you are happy to feel unappreciated, undervalued and not cared for. Also anytime I brought up my feelings about this to my supervisor it was met with criticisms of my work, being told that the problems stemmed from me and my colleagues “not working hard enough”.I never once heard any positive feedback about my work, even though it often felt I was leading the team as the supervisor was pretty much always elsewhere, my colleagues and I were almost exclusively negatively and condescendingly criticised and our ideas for the coffee shop ignored.I also tried to seek out opportunity to learn and grow by speaking to the manager about wanting to learn more about a supervisor position as I felt like I was qualified and would do a great job, however this was also ignored.I would absolutely not recommend this job to anyone, in my entire working life I’ve never worked somewhere ran so poorly with such little care, effort or support from supervisors and managers. When I first started I was enthusiastic, willing to learn and overall happy to be there and 9 months later I was extremely stressed, frustrated and hated being there.

Pros

Wages, friendly staff

Cons

Lack of support from management, no opportunity for growth, long hours, extremely stressful, unprofessional supervisor

Désorganisée

Training fait part des employés qui son établie 2 mois à leurs emplois Tout ce dit dans l'ancienneté dans toute le staff

Pros

....

Cons

La gestion n'es pas fait aucune discipline

A lot of learning of this company best to stay

I can work for long hours it depend of the setuation and cause the management guide and teach us more on brave and foe na supervisor or team leader you have a lot of learning this company even more than 8yrs working as a waitres i miss all the management and the team.before even i lift its memorable place and even i am not a hospitalu graduate its amazing work you love it even its tired but work it

Good place to kick-off your hospitality industry career

Overall it's good to place earn your hospitality industry experience as you will be challenged and it will improve your interpersonal skills, especially when dealing with customers, colleagues, etc.

Pros

Good environment, lots of good people to work with.

Cons

No lunch/dinner, occasional understaffing

Great international co workers

Fun place to work overall. International staff. Management hit and miss but easy to progress if you want it. Shift work. Free food on shift. Good team environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHG Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• IHG Hotels & Resorts