IHG Hotels & Resorts

IHG Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,659 reviews

Good company overall

Good to work with. Overall, it is a nice company if you begin your career. Nice accommodation. But you live with a roommate. Below average meals. Difficult to get a promotion. Low wages. Nice people overall. 5 start hotel. Discount on its restaurants.

Pros

Nice accommodation, salary is on time, training

Cons

low wages, meals are below average, difficult to get promotion

GOod

As one of the most famous hospitality brands in the world, I enjoy working there. I get good employee benefits such as cheap travel stays which I enjoy

Pros

Staff hotel rates for all IHG properties

Cons

No free lunches

The line level employees are amazing.

The line level employees are really kind and invest in you as a person. Unfortunately, there is high turn over so obviously they struggle to keep good workers.

Not a typical call center company

HR is unhelpful on payroll inquiriesSome of the metrics are unreasonableNeed to read and memorize a lot of emails about hotels new promotions, etcLots of test and training compare to other cc companyYou need to send emails whenever you're logged out because of system issues etc so that they can code it as paid even though the issue is from their endIncentives takes months before you receive itQA is so strict with the minor errorsIf you're break is consumed while you're in a call you won't be able to take it anymoreNot everyone is friendly hereSalary increase is based on metrics and could take more than a year before it reflect on your salaryYou will need 5-10 surveys to wipe out 1 bad surveyAfter probationary if you dont hit the metrics you will be enrolled in PIP and if you still dont hit it during your PIP you could get terminated even if you are a regular employee

fun and challenging workplace

really enjoyed my time here. bosses are supportive and the culture is amazing. A lot of internal promotions as well. One of the best workplaces I’ve work at!

Workplace

I m joining only two days but I feel like a working so many days because there are everyone as a family so I m very relaxed and I m so happy and i also accommodation is very good and very famous place in adudhabi 😊

IHG was a great place to work. They had great benefits. Work-life balance was awesome. The culture was great. The was room for growth. Management was helpful.

Inclusive but unimpressed with the management

A typical day in the maintenance department required performing routine maintenance and attending to maintenance tickets. While working at a IHG property I learned on site Project Management skills. Preforming the role of liaison between IHG and contractors. The hardest part was keeping up the moral of my fellow employees and maintenance staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to complete maintenance repairs and work alongside amazing hotel staff.

No. Just no

12.00 an hour is not worth it. Management is on a buddy system, Extreme favoritism, REALLY low pay. Homeless problem. Need I go on?Pros: nothing.Cons: Everything.

It is the perfect company to learn and grow

The company courses and trainings are out of this world, it is perfect company to learn and grow and your achievements are noticed I only left for personal reasons, I was very happy and out of my years in Hospitality I spent the most in InterContinental

Stressful

My journey here in IHG has been stressful. It started after the training. From OJT up to this present day. Not everything will be discussed during training, especially on how to get the incentives and how hard it is to hit the metrics. Targets are too high. There are Team Manager that are too competitive. They put too much pressure on specialists. Even there were too many errors in their tools they are still expecting you to hit your target. Calls are not equally distributed. Only top agents will consistently receive sure booking calls. bottom agents will get random calls, mostly inquire or rerouted calls from other department. But they have the same target to hit. VLs are mostly declined. If you don't take your scheduled breaks on time bec of long call, you will not be able to use it completely or worse you will not be able to take it at all.Then their system was hacked. It's not yet fully resolved for over more than a week now. It was partially resolved and it is the system On-site only. Management are obliging the agents to work onsite. There were agents who are very far from the main office, there were agents from far provinces and if they wont be able to work on-site they will be forced to use their VL and if not they will not get paid. They have weak system and poor management. Now we don't know what might happen if the system for WFH will not be resolve yet. We might loose our job. I understand that they need agents onsite and they need to operate. But what I dont understand is, what's taking them so long to fix the issues?

Dont apply here

A nice looking hotel but runny mouths. They will hire anyone who is not even fit for a hard job that barely pays you. If you wanna work here be ready for coworkers to talk behind your back. If you get harrased you will fend for yourself or take the blame. DONT WORK HERE.

Pros

Free coffee and water

Cons

No insurance or breaks/lunches

It's a good place to work

Good place to work. However you need to be a good and fast learner in order to make your way up into the company as hospitality industry is a fast paced industry.

managers are respectful and fair, they recognize your work ethics and shows their appreciation. Working for the holiday inn was a great experience and something new for me. I enjoyed my time there, but it was difficult to maintain. The owners liked to keep the team small and I would work 5 days even 6 days straight due to no coverage. And the shift was long when you had no one there to give you a break or relieve you for a second. Glad I got the experience and thankful for my time there."

Pros

Respect & appreciation

Cons

Under paid

Terrible working conditions

Face paced long hours and poor pay. Management hardly there no support at busy events undervalued staff high turnover of staff because of this . You have smallBreaks and the food is terrible leftovers for staff. Health and safety are not followed if any auditor is due. Dirty hotel .

Great brand to be a part of!

voco hotels is a great brand to be a part of! The brand represents an unstuffy, thoughtful and charming nature. It cares about its people and there are opportunities to grow and develop your career if you want to!

Okay job

This is a complacent job. The pay is close to minimum wage. Poor corporate management. They were understaffed a lot, and i had to cover other peoples shifts.

Great flexibility

Good upper management with the ability to manage your own schedule, however pay is just shy of decent. Benefits are not that great but yearly bonuses are a plus.

Ambiente laboral estresante

La persona que labora en esta posición trabaja sola sin ningún tipo de apoyo. Pretenden que uno cumpla con las tareas, en muy pocas horas. Es un ambiente estresante, ya que quien supervisora está posición, también supervisora el departamento de housekeeping, se podrán imaginar.

Friendly staff and amazing employee caring owners.

Working for IHG is the best move I made in a long time. I have had excellent training and amazing support group as this is my first GM position. At this point my owners are proud of me.

Work life balance

This is a great company with real work life balance but salary wise not the most competitive. Upper management is pro people and make sure its employees are safe during calamities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHG Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• IHG Hotels & Resorts