IHG Hotels & Resorts

IHG Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,442 reviews

Productive and fun working place, with very experienced team members and board members

Working hours are very routine at all times, and duty hours are very respectful with safety norms, dress code, and personal grooming at all times. The management is very collaborative and helpful to every employee at all times, and the poses one of the best health insurance coverage in the entire UAE .

Pros

All three square meals

Cons

Extra paid working hours

Amazing until they weren’t.

I worked for the company 2 different times. The first time around was amazing the only issue was not advancing. The second time they decided to have local agents train new agents at a call center in another country then after they were trained we were informed that our center was closing and the center that we trained in another country was taking over our call load. It was all very shady and made me lose faith in the entire brand. The local managers were amazing and were just as shocked as we were however, upper management was shady and did not care at all about putting 300 out of a job to save a few dollars per employee in another country.

Pros

Pay, incentives, local management, peers, environment

Cons

Shady behind the scenes, made many promises they didn’t keep, hard to get time off

constant re-orgs

They re-org every couple of years, which over time created a toxic backstabbing culture. People will look for ways to blame others, rather than working together to get a job done. Strong consensus is looked after so that not 1 person can be blamed, which makes most projects and processes very bureaucratic.

Pros

Global company

Depends on Location & management

Overall good company Only issue would be the location and who management is at the time.HR is great and union was okay.Also it was a new property so that also helped establish new rules and direction

Nice Place to Work

Lovely place to work, Lovely people, Lovely Guests..... but very hard work and under staffed, under-valued, under paid for what you have to do on a shift !

Pros

Talk to Guests

Cons

Hard work and low pay

No benefits. No bonuses. No concern for the well being of the staff.

Not a great place to work. Everyone is miserable and the owners are never present. The management is not properly trained to handle the day to day operations. Under staffed due to low wages. if you don't mind working with people who don't have your back, then it's probably a good place for you.

Pros

Flexible schedule.

Cons

No holidays off. No bonus pay. no benefits at all.

Not recommended

Stressful job. too many things going on in your everyday shift. have to send emails every now and then for your log outs (wfh), TM makes you answer so many things via email, Workforce calls you out if you're on after call aux EVEN FOR JUST 30 SECS (they're queuing. VERY QUEUING!!!) Incentive standards are way too high. QA is stricter than most BPOs. Job is too stressful to match what they offer you salary wise despite having years of experience. AND BY THE WAY, IF YOUR BREAK/LUNCH GETS CONSUMED WHILE YOURE IN A CALL, you won't be able to take it anymore. so keep answering the phone 'till you die of hunger and exhaustion.

Pros

Career growth opportunities. friendly people.

Cons

Very low salary, stressful workload

Excellent Culture on the corporate side

Enjoyed working in the Salt Lake Corporate Office supporting the main corporate office. Great culture and leaders that cared. The corporate leaders didn't give enough time to close the call center.

Pros

Flexibility of hours, hotel benefits

Cons

Corporate challenges and lack of corporate transparency

Double standards

Used to be a great company to work for… until double standards and politics came into place a few years ago. Since then, it got worse for everyone, at corporate office and hotels. Constant consultations at the corporate office and outsourcing services meant lower levels of service for hotels… and obviously worse service for guests (when the company used to pride on being “Great Hotels Guest Love” and “True Hospitality”. Then, COVID happened. As much as I can understand a company must survive throughout crisis, they should have used furlough schemes to the max instead of firing and rehiring. On top on that, during consultation, words of one company representative, they don’t care about guests and/or service provided as the InterContinental brand will always be there… just another double standard. Show we care, do the right thing… all rubbish. Forgot to mention… while you have an employee on furlough you’re not meant to ask that employee to keep the phone on him… specially when you’ve told that employee the position was at risk of redundancy and finally made the position redundant. Just hypocrisy and double standards. Happy not to work for that company any more

Pros

Atmosfere

Great environment. Horrible Management experience

Good company to work for with o.k benefits just not the effort getting to them for the money that the company offers. Management will run you into the ground in order to receive a good review from a guest in order to draw in new unexpected customers to repeat the cycle. A wash, rinse,repeat scenario. Break your back for little in return and be expected to do more. Consistently reminded about the guests review and be unappreciated for your efforts. Not worth wasting your time for this company.

Pros

Ok benefits if you can get them

Cons

No appreciation for hard work.

Jobs at IHG Hotels & Resorts

See more jobs

Love it

I love to work here. Its have a challenge. Fun. And I can learn every day something, which makes me energetic. Management is good and there is a chance for career growth.

Great company

We were all working to create "Great Hotels Guest Loves" as our vision. The brand concept might low down and fake nowaday, however I did love my job and enjoy life.

I want apply to work in hotel & resort in manila or makati depend on you give me where i going.

If i start work once or twice teach me will be something to do job and become if i know can work and service for our hard work and i need know to learn everything so that i can learn and those management we are same cooperation work in company and help us and being important development and new culture those job place and more experience hard to be trying. I want part of the job with those friend together as help each

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

8-12 hours

I enjoyed meeting new people plus the hotel was dog friendly

Had to work every busy weekend no mgt on duty on weekends poor work environment hot kitchen no air conditioning cameras in the kitchen watching you no chance for advancement minimum wage job experience doesn’t matter too much work too little money

Pros

Discount hotel rooms at IHG hotels

Cons

No advancements minimum wage poor working conditions being watched on cameras

Moral and culture of the company is Fabulous!! Competitive environment to work and grow . Fun at work very professional management. Good company to work always .

Pros

Gptw

Cons

Nope

Good company

I enjoyed working there for a couple years. They make you feel appreciated and like your part of a family. From upper management to line level staff , all employees were always happy

not good

Don't do it!!!! Don't even waste your time or energy! They play favorites and take total advantage of your time. This place is going to the pits in a hand basket !!! Terrible manager where I worked. Talked to people like they were 12!

Pros

Free breakfast.

Cons

bad supervisors

It was an ok company to work for.

Overall I enjoyed the work. However management seemed unorganized and it was hard to get time off when needed without just switching shifts with someone. Pay wasn't great.

Pros

Free lunch. Discount at cafe. and discounted parking.

Cons

Turn around shifts possible. Low pay. High workload.

Transformation for Growth

Intercontinental Hotel Group, which is now IHG Hotels & Resorts, is no different than any other company. However, being hospitable is important within every organization.

Pros

Awesome teammates.

Cons

COVID-19 changed everything.

Great company to work with

They know what work-life balance means. Teams are tight knit. Management is great. They offer good benefits. You enjoy free stay at thier hotels. Good place to start your career.

Long hours they don't care weather you have a family to go home to.

At the beginning they say it's ok take your time cleaning the rooms but by your 2 week they want to talk to you like a trained animal. Saying move it.

Pros

Discounts on rooms

Cons

Short breaks long hours no help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHG Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.6K
1K

• IHG Hotels & Resorts
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?