Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Commis

Commis11 reviews
United Arab Emirates11 reviews

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,393 reviews

open space to try new things

Working in banquet kitchen is all the time fun, fellow chefs are very supportive and motivated to innovate and keen to teach ... even in busy time, one always give proper attention to the problem and help.

it was fun at first

day at work would be normal as always, learned how to handle tons of guest and working on their needs, management would be great at first after the changes, workplace was great and complete, hardest part was going to work and home takes 2hours. most enjoyable was the multicultural nationalities inside the kitchen which made it colorful

Pros

free meals and near the beach

Cons

travel time

Best Hotel & Beach House Restaurant

A well known hotel in the city with the great quality of food production and high customer satisfaction and choosing of good quality of food,meat items.

Fun atmosphere but no motivation amongst the staff

The work place definitely does offer some really good benefits and the hotel is highly organised. The main problem arises when it comes to learning new methods or ways to cook something. The staff is not willing to adapt to change quickly. Nevertheless, the chefs do take time to teach what they already know and have patiently taught me numerous things.

Good learning/training ground

it is a good training ground especially for the people who is just fresh graduate. we can learn so much things but its until there only. No growth no new learnings.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

no enough staff. Many people resign but no replacement. No promotion

Mediterranean experience

- Preparing mise en place for ala carte (cold section) and handling orders from pool bar and lounge. - Arabic cuisine, middle eastern cuisine. - Manage to work in a calm situation and everything under control eventhough it gets busy. - Co- workers are helpful and not reluctant to offer help when needed. We worked as a team. - Challenge is an adventure. Nothing is tough. - Working in a stress free environment, people are nice.

Pros

Medical insurance, accommodation and transport provided.

Productive and great for personal development

In my opinion, working in this company was a great experience for me. I had to learn to adapt to a new environment in a very short amount of time in order to have growth in my field. I was exposed to a diverse set of people. So the adjusting period was a bit of a struggle but with patience and perseverance, everything went into place eventually. A typical day at work for me was having the responsibility of holding one section. I was given the opportunity to handle 4 sections out of six during my whole stay with this company. I was responsible for doing mis en place, checking the quality of each food item on my section, and handling that section during service time. When things get busy, my managers are very accommodating in finishing the job with us. I could say that we had an excellent ethic toward teamwork and professionalism in the kitchen. The most difficult part of working in the kitchen would probably be the long hours and the hard work you have to put in during those long hours. The part that probably made it very enjoyable for me was the encouragement and respect each colleague had for one another. I believe that a team will only flourish with a good mix between respect and passion for getting the job done is being practiced by each one.

joy at work

knowledge improvement proper standardised receipee development

football

Food safety and sanitation Preparation and serving special groups, breakfast, lunch, dinner, Explaining to the guest food preparation, receiving orders and serving. Working with multinational staff

Good Enviroment and Team

The shift was good and the staff working with me was very helpfull, most of the time i was doing split shift but also straight shift around 11 hour per day. The kitchen was well manage and the chefs were always ready to train me and teach me new things. it was a busy outlets and the staff in the kitchen wasnt enough so that made the job harder but the rest was a very noice kitchen full of nice time and jokes between colagues and a plesure enviroment where to work in. Very good kitchen and service staff working team.

Pros

Great staff accomodation and transport

Cons

Small chances of promotion, salary

Hard Work With Passion

We have Alot Of Fun At Work During a Busy Opperetion. I learned Here How To Manage the Kitchen Opperetion.

Hyatt Reviews by Location